• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gambler68
    Rabble Rouser
    • Feb 29, 2004

Originally posted by bigun
    I am home for this week, I talked to Craig today breifly. He is wanting to take a group from here to Moab then hit Ouray afterwards!
    at least there's junkyards handy in Moab for parts!!!!!!!

looking forward to actually wheeling with ya! we had a blast last spring..and Moab is oddly warm, we could easily do it a month or two sooner/late winter.

Actually..winter is LONG. Maybe a winter southern 'event' should be planned..it's not fair we make y'all drive so far to come here twice a year..
    1979 Chero S "Sundog" 1979 Chero S "Hammer"
    1968 327 J3000 1978 J10SWB
    The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.
    Hunter S. Thompson .

Comment

• BlackBart
      258 I6
      • Apr 04, 2005

Well, how about a Central New Mexico FSJ invasion? My trail is getting hungry for some jeep parts and sheetmetal.
      Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
      Conan the Cimmerian

The proper response to a complex problem is to grab a sword and brutally hack away until the problem stops moving.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackBart
        Well, how about a Central New Mexico FSJ invasion? My trail is getting hungry for some jeep parts and sheetmetal.
        My rigs are game. Name a date!
        Krista - High Priestess of Our Lady of Eternal Combustion
        77 401 Wag "Phoebe" ~ 77 401 J20 "Artemis" ~ 76 401 SOA Wag "Luna"
        The worst thing about rolling my jeep.....is trying to lick the paper...

Comment

• fulsizjeep
          Señor Jackhead
          • Aug 21, 2002

If we had any sense at all, we'd be wheeling Moab NOW.

Central NM would be fun too. Should we just trailer the red Cherokee pile down to spread around for an offering?
          Flint
          Ran when parked.
          http://jubileejeeps.org/quadratrac
          88 GW, 401/727/208, 5" lift, D44s/4.10s/locked up, 35s with a few Evil Twin & TT's Fabworks mods
          76 401 Wag, 77 401 Wag, 77 401 J20
          http://eviltwinfab.com http://www.ttsfabworks.com

Comment

• Gambler68
            Rabble Rouser
            • Feb 29, 2004

Originally posted by BlackBart
            I'm down for wheelin' the brown

You guys are the locals..I've always noticed even Farmington (all of 50 miles from my house) rarely requires a jacket even in the middle of winter.

December run? what month?
            The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.
            Hunter S. Thompson .

Comment

• BlackBart
              258 I6
              • Apr 04, 2005

How bout mid to late Nov? If it doesn't snow of course. let me get a photo host and put up some pics and see whatcha think of the trail.
              Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
              Conan the Cimmerian

The proper response to a complex problem is to grab a sword and brutally hack away until the problem stops moving.

Comment

• BlackBart
                258 I6
                • Apr 04, 2005

Here are a few pics.

Conan the Cimmerian

Comment

• Gambler68
                  Rabble Rouser
                  • Feb 29, 2004

F&K will be gone for a bit I think in later Nov/Thanksgiving..

maybe early Dec? Just a week or two later?

I saw those pics when you made the trail/post. Looks like here! (problem with here is I can't go off the oil field trails..need a crossing permit and tribal rangers are rather grumpy and well armed).
                  Hunter S. Thompson .

Comment

• fulsizjeep
                    Señor Jackhead
                    • Aug 21, 2002

hmmmm, might be able to pull mid dec... mid jan for sure.
                    Flint
                    Ran when parked.
                    http://jubileejeeps.org/quadratrac
                    88 GW, 401/727/208, 5" lift, D44s/4.10s/locked up, 35s with a few Evil Twin & TT's Fabworks mods
                    76 401 Wag, 77 401 Wag, 77 401 J20
                    http://eviltwinfab.com http://www.ttsfabworks.com

Comment

• Gambler68
                      Rabble Rouser
                      • Feb 29, 2004

Maybe we could get a Winter NM Mini Invasion thread going in Events?

and I'll volunteer Krista to make flags for it :P
                      Hunter S. Thompson .

Comment

• flatbackdragon
                        304 AMC
                        • Aug 22, 2003

this last weekend Nov 10-11 must have been good for jeeping.
                        coming back from Rifle, saw lots of jeeps trailered heading east, temps were in hi 60 low 70's in Moab, sure wooulda been nice to have been there then. oh well....
                        "There's an inner idiot in us just waiting to climb out and romp about in unabashed stupidity, but most people retain just enough wit to keep the idiot bottled up."
                        Gary Harmon-writer for Grand Junction Daily Sentinel (newspaper)

Phil (or Flip, Dragon)
                        Draco-79 Cherokee 360/QT-4" lift-pretty much stock and trying to fall apart

Comment

• letank
                          AMC 4 OH! 1
                          • Jun 03, 2002

Originally posted by Gambler68
                          at least there's junkyards handy in Moab for parts!!!!!!!

Junkyard is closed on Saturdays and Sundays..... 2 fsjs last time we checked.... an 80's wagoneer missing the passenger side leaf spring.... and a J truck.....

The rain finally hit the left coast.... So I managed to convert the 8mm tape to a .vob.... then to .FLV (handbrake.07) , then mpeg-4 (SWF and FLV player)..... but at 96meg for 16 min.... found some slicng and cutting program (mpeg streamclip)..... Hopefully finished before turkey day.
                          Michel
                          74 wag, 349Kmiles on original ticker/trany, except for the rust. Will it make it to the next get together without a rebuilt? Status: needs a new body.
                          85 Gwag, 229 Kmiles. $250 FSJ test lab since 02, that refuses to give up but still leaks.

Comment

• letank
                            AMC 4 OH! 1
                            • Jun 03, 2002

here we go..... you can move the post

took about 3hrs for the upload....

a few more will be added tonite

key work for this one

moab roller coaster fsj

Here we go another Moab favorite... the poison spyder mesa... a short one

and poison spider

Needs to add Jason's wake in Hell's revenge... a large 93meg clip.

some mud some FSJ a good recipe for pulling someone

and a poison spider behind the wheels of a vintage jeep

experience the thrill of driving a vintage jeep.... better than a video game.... you are behind the wheel.... yeh, right w all that boucing, I need some sea ...

I can burn a few CDs and snail mail them.... let's see i am willing to snail mail a cd to the first 10 responders.... Is this fair? I do not remember more than 10FSJs or so... so pm your address, for the cd, and of course your bank account and social..... for my cousin .... ;-)
                            Last edited by letank; 11-13-2007, 07:01 AM.
                            Michel
                            74 wag, 349Kmiles on original ticker/trany, except for the rust. Will it make it to the next get together without a rebuilt? Status: needs a new body.
                            85 Gwag, 229 Kmiles. $250 FSJ test lab since 02, that refuses to give up but still leaks.

Comment

• BRUTUS
                              360 AMC
                              • Dec 06, 2005

Nicely done Michel. I would take a CD... PM coming.
                              "Brutus" '74 J10 360/T18/D20/Front D60 Pro Rock & ARB/2" shave, ARB, 15 bolt FF Rear/ 4.56 Gears/38.5 x 16 TSL
                              Current Jeep Status:Under The Knife
                              Current Homepage Status: RUNNING

Comment

Working...
                              X