• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • G_$
    232 I6
    • Nov 18, 2008

Howdy

New poster, and found the forum doing some research for my new purchase.

I had two Cherokees in the past, and will be picking up a GW (1990) tommorrow. This Wagoneer needs "some" help, so I am sure I will have a few questions for the board. I have always loved the Grand Wagoneer, & this is my chance to have one.

While it is not a "project car", there will be a few projects associated with it. What does the readership here believe is the best aftermarket service reference manual, especially for the less mechanically inclined?
    No FSJ right now.
  • will e
    Always Broke
    • Nov 16, 2001

Hey, welcome!

Chiltons is a good starting point. It has most of the basics covered.
    For wiring I think someone has some of them posted, check the tech section of the forum. The tech section is a great way to learn some interesting things about your truck, like what Transfer Case it has.
    82 Cherokee WT ? SFwith Alcan/agr box/Borgeson shaft/ 401/performer/Holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS(2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave,Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37/Corbeau Moab Seats /Hella/tuffy console/sliders/custombumpers&roll bar/WARN 8000/steering brace/CO2 Tank/dual batts/custom TCskid plate

Comment

• G_$
      232 I6
      • Nov 18, 2008

Thanks will e. Chiltons is the default, so I will pick one up tommorrow.

Speaking of transfer cases .... does a 90 GW have to be placed in N while moving the selector from H to L? I seem to recall my first Cherokee being like that.

When I took this one out for a test last weekend, I only 'engaged' the 2WD TO 4WD switch, and did not move from H to L. Also, for what it is worth, no dummy light showing 4WD came on when I flipped the toggle.
      No FSJ right now.

Comment

• brielly
        350 Buick
        • Dec 30, 2002

Ive found the haynes manual a little more comprehensive than chiltons especially for the less mechanically inclined like me. Nothing beats the factory service manual however. I'm not sure but i think BJ's might sell them.
        For Sale Custom built reproduction Rhino Grilles http://www.ifsja.org/forums/vb/showt...24#post1676924PM me for details or email [email protected]

1982 Cherokee Chief 258 6 cyl, AX-15, NP208, mopar mpfi, hydroboost brakes.

1983 Jeep Cherokee Laredo 258 6cyl*SOLD*

Comment

Working...
        X