International Full Size Jeep Association
Home Forums Reader's Rigs Tech Library Trail Stories FSJ-List
International Full Size Jeep Association  

Go Back   International Full Size Jeep Association > Classifieds > "Look Here" for Parts, Vehicles and Vendors > Homegrown Vendors: (Members who produce FSJ related items)

Old 08-29-2017, 06:04 PM
350 Buick

Rhino Grille Reproductions

My original thread is now a few years old and unfortunately photobucket has taken my photos hostage $$$ So I'm starting a new thread. I've been building and selling these grilles for a few years and to answer the #1 question I get...... YES, I'm still making them. Please read below for details

What it is-a reproduction gladiator/rhino grille taken directly from an original. Its made of fiberglass and is finished in primer. The grille has the exact shape and dimensions as an original. It will bolt up just like the real thing. The grille can easily be painted with automotive paint or if you really take your time sanding you can also use a chrome paint

What it isn't-a show piece that will win you a trophy at the next competition. There are minor imperfections since the original was not perfect but in really good shape. There are small spots here and there that need to be sanded flush. This was due to minor imperfections in the mold due to tiny air bubbles. It does look very good strait on and from five feet away looks nearly perfect. A close inspection will of course reveal the imperfections. It would take many many hours to make it perfect to the point where I'd have to charge way more than anyone would want to pay.

I will leave the 5 mounting tabs undrilled so that each customer can adjust where the grille gets mounted. I know on my 82 I had to mount my original gladiator a little lower so the hood wouldn't hit it when closed. The tabs on the repro grille are wide enough to where each customer should be able to drop it down far enough for the hood to clear. Those with older style hoods will not have this problem since the hood is shaped differently.

Prices are as follows: Grille $160, Grille with emblem $175. full kit-grille/emblem/pie pans $210. Shipping generally runs in the $30-$50 range.

If you are interested in a grille please email me rrielly@verizon.net. I mainly build these late spring through early fall with summer being when I am able to produce the most. I try to produce extra inventory but usually sell out by winter. At that time I can add you to the wait list for spring. I do not take deposits. I just build them and contact you when its done. If you don't have the funds at the moment it goes to the next person in line. Paypal is my preferred payment method. Email me at rrielly@verizon.net with any questions.

1982 Cherokee Chief 258 6 cyl, T-5, NP208, mopar mpfi, hydroboost brakes.

1983 Jeep Cherokee Laredo 258 6cyl*SOLD*
Old 08-29-2017, 06:12 PM
350 Buick

more photos

Old 08-05-2018, 02:33 PM
350 Buick

At this time there is only a 1 week wait time for a grille. Email me at rrielly@verizon.net to order.

Old 08-05-2018, 04:18 PM
304 AMC

Very nice work. If you are interested in plating these check out "Cosmichrome" I have a new in the box mini plating system I bought for 3K. It has never seen chemicals and if you decided you might want to put a chrome finish on your grill's and parts, PM me and I will make you a heck of a deal.
Cosmichrome uses silver for a chrome finish and is the only plating system that won't yellow. I decided to not get into the plating business. I also reproduce FSJ parts, (firewall pad sets, door sill plates, tailgate panels, early reverse light panels, etc. Glad to see someone else making stuff for them.
Again nice reproductions.

Most users ever online was 656, 06-30-2007 at 09:50 PM.
I was there! Still waiting for my Tee shirt...

1969 1414X Wag,
1970 and 71 project J trucks
1970 Wagoneer Not Sadie
1953 Willy's wagon
1983 FJ60 wagon
Old 08-07-2018, 12:12 PM
350 Buick

Thanks. I leave the final coating up to the end user. I've had guys rattle can paint them various colors including chrome and one guy even rhino lined it.