• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jeepgirl
    232 I6
    • Aug 30, 2003

Slipping emergency brake pedal

Think I finally fixed the E-brake pedal in my Jeep. I basically had to take it off, take it apart to fix the ratchet mechanism since the teeth were rounded off causing it to slip. I was able to refile the teeth and latch but had to figure out how to put it back together since I couldn't rivet it back together like factory.. had to get creative with bolts and bushings but all seems to be working.
    "Silly boys.. Jeeps are for girls!"

1978 Cherokee Chief "Ivy"

Comment

• bufurd
      327 Rambler
      • Apr 13, 2008

Continue to fight the battle... 3 cans of Fluid Film spraying every nook and cranny underneath,, my way of winterizing.
      Current fleet
      Abner-73 He started it all in 1979 (plow truck now)
      Bufurd-69 Fixed up to take Abners place as DD
      Delta-70 Built for fun, 455 Olds, T-18, D-20, 4:10 gears
      Humpty-74 J-20 4BT, NV4500, 30+MPG
      07 JK Wife bought new...
      13 Grand Cherokee Trail Hawk, wifes new ride

Comment

• letank
        AMC 4 OH! 1
        • Jun 03, 2002

bad spark plug

I had a misfiring, then low power. While checking which spark plug, I got the 50Kv jolt... yeaaah, found the issue of a bad spark plug wire... swap wire, check spark plug, it was clean and tan... restart ... get another jolt.... aaaaack, so I put a new spark plug... and yes it is now running fine.

Weird, the spark plug has no cracked insulator... no excessive dirt on the porcelain... only 6 years and 20K miles on that champion 404.
        Michel
        74 wag, 349Kmiles on original ticker/trany, except for the rust. Will it make it to the next get together without a rebuilt? Status: needs a new body.
        85 Gwag, 229 Kmiles. $250 FSJ test lab since 02, that refuses to give up but still leaks.

Comment

• hudwagon
          230 Tornado
          • Sep 23, 2019

new rotors, bearings, calipers & pads , no more pull when braking. next is cargo area carperting. Then i think i may tackle the rear wiper Durango mod if i get brave enough

Comment

• jeepgirl
            232 I6
            • Aug 30, 2003

Rotting cardboard replacement!!

Finally replaced the rotting cardboard backing of the Jeep door cards (40+ yrs old) with ABS plastic. Took a couple days and turned out pretty good.. 👍
            "Silly boys.. Jeeps are for girls!"

1978 Cherokee Chief "Ivy"

Comment

• Brynjminjones
              258 I6
              • Jun 11, 2017

Originally posted by jeepgirl
              Finally replaced the rotting cardboard backing of the Jeep door cards (40+ yrs old) with ABS plastic. Took a couple days and turned out pretty good.. 👍
              Did you re-use the vinyl covering from the originals? Interested to see how it turned out!
              1991 Grand Wagoneer - Hunter Green. All stock. Rebuilt 360, .030" over with Melling MTA-1 cam.

1998 Cherokee (XJ) 4.0
              1997 Grand Cherokee (ZJ) 4.0
              1974 Ford F100 390

Comment

• Mars
                350 Buick
                • Apr 24, 2010

I greased the hood latches to stop the constant and maddening squeaking on every single bump..
                Wannabe Fabricator
                Grumpy on a good day.
                1981 J-10 Laredo.. mmmm bucket seats...
                What I'm working on: http://www.ifsja.org/forums/vb/showt...50#post1503850

Comment

• jsinajeep
                  304 AMC
                  • Nov 26, 2005

I just wish it was only the hood latch squeaking on mine. LOL
                  http://s252.photobucket.com/albums/h...eep%20Trailer/

Comment

• fulsizjeep
                    Señor Jackhead
                    • Aug 21, 2002

Originally posted by jsinajeep
                    I hear that!

Last weekend we turned wrenches for 3 days to get Krista's waggy out of the back yard from a 2 year nap. At the time she was parked I started a few things that I didn't get back to for a while. The bucket seat brackets were cleaned and painted and I attached 98 Mustang seats to them. A SS battery tray replaced the factory tray. Then I got into replacing the 20+ year old Hedman headers. Last weekend the headers were installed and the new collectors were welded to the twice pipes. New HEI cap, rotor, plugs and wires installed. Heater hoses replaced. Oil changed and oil pump primed. Discovered leak at the oil pressure sender. The brass nipple broke off inside. It was drilled out and the hole welded shut until a permanent solution is worked out. New belts. 5 gallons of gas and fired her up. The sound of the twice pipes was exciting! Drove her to town and gave her a bath. On Tuesday, Krista drove her to work.

Our minds aren't made up on the seats yet. Climbing over the side bolsters are a bit of a PITA.

There they go to work!
                    Last edited by fulsizjeep; 05-30-2020, 12:51 PM.
                    Flint
                    Ran when parked.
                    http://jubileejeeps.org/quadratrac
                    88 GW, 401/727/208, 5" lift, D44s/4.10s/locked up, 35s with a few Evil Twin & TT's Fabworks mods
                    76 401 Wag, 77 401 Wag, 77 401 J20
                    http://eviltwinfab.com http://www.ttsfabworks.com

Comment

• MadMax78
                      258 I6
                      • May 26, 2010

Axle rebuilt finally

Finally got the rear axle rebuilt. So ready to get it back on the road. Fuel injection and new exhaust is next. So much to do but so little time.
                      MadMax78
                      78 Cherokee Chief, Wide Track, 360, TH400, Quadra Trac, SOA, 35" BFG KM2, Edelbrock Carb & Intake

Comment

• Mars
                        350 Buick
                        • Apr 24, 2010

Originally posted by jsinajeep
                        Well I replaced the exhaust a couple weeks back so now I can hear myself think and the squeaky hood.
                        Wannabe Fabricator
                        Grumpy on a good day.
                        1981 J-10 Laredo.. mmmm bucket seats...
                        What I'm working on: http://www.ifsja.org/forums/vb/showt...50#post1503850

Comment

• Heavy_Metal_Thunder_81
                          Cherokee Outlaw
                          • Jan 10, 2006

Originally posted by fulsizjeep
                          The bucket seat brackets were cleaned and painted and I attached 98 Mustang seats to them.
                          Flint, how well did those seats bolt up? Do you think they'd fold forward enough to gain access to the back seat of a Cherokee?
                          -Jonny B.
                          1979 Cherokee Golden Eagle - UNDER CONSTRUCTION
                          7" Alcan springs, BJ's HD shackles - 35x12.5x15 BFG Mud Terrains
                          AMC 401 - Pro-Flo 4 EFI
                          NV4500/NWF BB/NP205 - Triple Stick'd
                          F D44 - 4.10, Eaton E-Locker
                          R M23 - 4.10, Detroit Locker

1979 Cherokee Chief - Parts
                          1979 Wagoneer - Sold
                          1981 Cherokee Chief - Cubed

Comment

• fulsizjeep
                            Señor Jackhead
                            • Aug 21, 2002

Originally posted by Heavy_Metal_Thunder_81
                            Flint, how well did those seats bolt up? Do you think they'd fold forward enough to gain access to the back seat of a Cherokee?
                            The seats fit on the stock brackets pretty well. The 2 rear mount holes lined right up. New holes had to be drilled in the front about 1.5" towards the rear from the stock Mustang mount holes. The backs felt low to me so I put 3/4" spacers between seat and bracket.

On a good day, I would probably cripple myself trying to get in a 2 door Cherokee. Skinny folk can probably do it OK with these seats. The door post is just outside view on the left.

Flint
                            Ran when parked.
                            http://jubileejeeps.org/quadratrac
                            88 GW, 401/727/208, 5" lift, D44s/4.10s/locked up, 35s with a few Evil Twin & TT's Fabworks mods
                            76 401 Wag, 77 401 Wag, 77 401 J20
                            http://eviltwinfab.com http://www.ttsfabworks.com

Comment

• Heavy_Metal_Thunder_81
                              Cherokee Outlaw
                              • Jan 10, 2006

Originally posted by fulsizjeep
                              The seats fit on the stock brackets pretty well. The 2 rear mount holes lined right up. New holes had to be drilled in the front about 1.5" towards the rear from the stock Mustang mount holes. The backs felt low to me so I put 3/4" spacers between seat and bracket.

On a good day, I would probably cripple myself trying to get in a 2 door Cherokee. Skinny folk can probably do it OK with these seats. The door post is just outside view on the left.
                              That's perfect! Thanks, Flint! I had a '76 Jimmy a few years ago with Fox Body Mustang seats in it. I liked them quite a bit. Those seats look like they'll work just fine, too. Very nice!
                              -Jonny B.
                              1979 Cherokee Golden Eagle - UNDER CONSTRUCTION
                              7" Alcan springs, BJ's HD shackles - 35x12.5x15 BFG Mud Terrains
                              AMC 401 - Pro-Flo 4 EFI
                              NV4500/NWF BB/NP205 - Triple Stick'd
                              F D44 - 4.10, Eaton E-Locker
                              R M23 - 4.10, Detroit Locker

1979 Wagoneer - Sold
                              1981 Cherokee Chief - Cubed

Comment

• Getting my Cabin ready for water, power and hopefully winter. Jtruck is going into the garage soon.
                                Jeep gauges are for amusement only. Any correlation between them and reality is purely coincidental.

Comment

Working...
                                X