|Home||Forums||Reader's Rigs||Tech Library||Trail Stories||FSJ-List|
QT Vacuum Diaphragm Repair
Contributed By: Dan Matheny
I don't remember pulling the case of the back cover of the case to get the control diaphragm out. There is a small rectangular cover on the top side of the case just above and in front of the diaphragm. When you remove this cover you can get to the lock rings. I seem to remember a spring and ball bearing thing.... Hold on, let me check my manual.... OK, here we go:
(1) Remove vent cover and sealing ring.
(2) Remove retaining rings which position shift fork on diaphragm control
(3) Remove spring using magnet.
(4) Insert magnet into opening before removing diaphragm control (fig. 8-55 (picture described above))
(5) Remove diaphagm from case cover.
(6) Remove detent ball and spring.
Hope this helps, it matches my memory of how this works
IFSJA.org hosting provided by Golden Computer Service.
© 2000-2006 IFSJA Site Staff. Jeep® is a registerd trademark of DaimlerChrysler.