• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Slick Willie
    350 Buick
    • Apr 06, 2005

Went Wheeling Saturday...

We went wheeling in Llano, Tx Saturday. For any of you Central Texas guys, Joe Long's Ranch is a good spot! It was a work weekend, so we hacked down some trees, but spent 90% of our time wheeling. The weather was cold as crap and it rained off and on all day, so the rocks were wet, and there were a few muddy hills. They kept calling mine a 400 lb. black woman with a big butt. I pretty much drug my rear end over every rock out there. But it was fun, I sustained door damage, side mirror broke off, and a lot of dings and paint removal. But nothing broke that mattered, and I made it up a lot of challenging obstacles and put on an entertaining show to say the least. If I get videos from others, I'll post them up. Here are some pics. Please excuse the non-fullsize jeeps...mine was the only real Jeep there.

Here are a few of mine:

High centered (imagine that)

Rear end dragging on a rock...again...
    Last edited by Slick Willie; 01-22-2007, 08:56 PM.
    -Will
    '86 Wagoneer 360/727/Stak 3 speed/HP60/FF14/welded 4.10's/~3" Front Springs/Chevy 63's/42's/hummer beadlocks/topless/8 point cage/half doors

Originally posted by rockjeep44
    After this weekend chicks are gonna need suspenders to keep their panties up when I roll in
  • 82j20
    258 I6
    • Feb 27, 2006

nice pics dude
    burnin the bbq juice

Comment

sweet trailer
      Places to Wheel in the Southeast

Originally posted by Topgun2mo
      I would think boxing would limit the amount the frame could flex over obstacles which I think IMO would be a bad thing. I would think you would want all the articulation possible.
      Originally posted by johnny019
      I'm not saying lockers don't improve the performance of your rig, just that they're overrated.

Comment

• Stuka
        • Jan 21, 2001

How did the super duty do pulling that much weight?

Comment

• Headhoncho
          AMC 4 OH! 1
          • Oct 11, 2006

Looks like "lacks ground clearance" was the off-road term of the day. Nice shots otherwise.

JR
          [quote] "How does someone from Iran have a BJ's Offroad sticker but I can't seem to get one sent to New Jersey???!!!"

1980 Honcho Sportside w/37's, 351c, 14" lift, D44high pinion w/Aussie, crossover steering, 14b w/detroit, np435, 205, 5.13's, 4whl discs, hb brakes, OBAir, rusted out cab,
          1966 mustang fastback
          '07 Dodge Charger 3.5

Comment

• Slick Willie
            350 Buick
            • Apr 06, 2005

I was surprised at the ease of towing that guy's new Ford did. He bought it 3 weeks ago, already has 5,000 miles on it and pulled quite a bit of weight, and was able to stop pretty good too. The tranny downshifted when he was on the brakes and the integrated trailer brakes worked fine. He offered to tow me up there, and after the day of wheeling, he wouldn't take any compensation from me. He said I was enough entertainment to make up for it.
            Last edited by Slick Willie; 01-22-2007, 08:59 PM.
            -Will
            '86 Wagoneer 360/727/Stak 3 speed/HP60/FF14/welded 4.10's/~3" Front Springs/Chevy 63's/42's/hummer beadlocks/topless/8 point cage/half doors

Originally posted by rockjeep44
            After this weekend chicks are gonna need suspenders to keep their panties up when I roll in

Comment

• Sambo
              AMC 4 OH! 1
              • Sep 25, 2001

nice indeed!
              77 chero DEAD.
              84wag,360,tf727,???! possiblities are d300 flipped and a ford d44 hp with coils

Comment

Working...
              X