Pacific Northwest FSJ Run - This Saturday!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • soggymountain
    230 Tornado
    • Jan 25, 2004

Pacific Northwest FSJ Run - This Saturday!

THIS SATURDAY!!!!

Date: October 21st
    Time: 9:00 AM
    Place: Thorp, Washington

Breakfast on your own and meet at the Thorp Fruit and Antique Mall. It's a big, white, three-story pole building with no-nonsense, red and black lettering spelling out FRUIT and ANTIQUES. They open at 8:15 so come early for coffee or espresso and plan to leave at 9:00 A.M. The Fruit and Antique Mall is located off Interstate 90 at Exit 101..

We will explore roads in the L. T. Murray Wildlife Area and you can expect road surfaces of gravel, dirt, holes, ruts and heavy crushed rock so we recommend good tires.

Roads will be passable by stock Full Size Jeeps and if anyone wants to drive more challenging trails we will head you in the right direction. If your FSJ is in the shop feel free to drive another SUV or pickup as long as it is high ground clearance

Hope to see you this Saturday!

Jerry from Yakima
    Last edited by soggymountain; 10-16-2006, 06:47 AM. Reason: Last Call
    A new member for the past 8 years...
    See my Cherokee at:
    http://www.geocities.com/skibullfrog...ymountain.html
  • donwag
    258 I6
    • Dec 07, 2003

Sounds interesting. Just a day run I presume. A little far for me, but I would be interested.
    Don
    82 Cherokee
    89 Grand Wagoneer
    84 CJ7

Comment

• soggymountain
      230 Tornado
      • Jan 25, 2004

The Jeep run would be only a one day event, but you can make it a full weekend as there are various camping facilities, motels, private parks, etc in the area. Nice country and it's on the dry side of the mountains!

Jerry from Yakima
      See my Cherokee at:
      Latest news coverage, email, free stock quotes, live scores and video are just the beginning. Discover more every day at Yahoo!
      Last edited by soggymountain; 09-19-2006, 06:38 PM.
      See my Cherokee at:

Comment

• landbruiser1
        232 I6
        • Dec 19, 2005

If I get my J-truck finished by then I am in, that not to far of a drive. I will keep you posted.
        1979 Wagoneer, SOA, Custom rear spring hangers, Dana 44's, 360. Auto. Lot to come for this rig!

Comment

• soggymountain
          230 Tornado
          • Jan 25, 2004

Cool. I've got some issues with my Cherokee, too, and hope to have them resolved by then. Do you have any preference as to the 21st or 28th or the departure time?
          Jerry from Yakima
          See my Cherokee at:

Comment

• Danbert
            327 Rambler
            • May 23, 2006

Right now wouldnt be a good time for me as those are a couple of the few weekends I am actually not going out of town for work. Plus the wifes b-day is the 28th. No point in making her mad and leaving town for fun.
            Maybe the next go-round.

Danbert
            '83 Wagoneer LTD.
            Vacuum elimated Dana front axle
            Building stereo, window tint, roof rack, light bar, and other projects currently underway

Comment

• soggymountain
              230 Tornado
              • Jan 25, 2004

Pacific Northwest Full Size Jeep Run

EXPLORING THE L.T. MURRAY WILDLIFE AREA

Breakfast on your own and meet at the Thorp Fruit and Antique Mall. That's the big, white, three-story pole building with no-nonsense, red and black lettering telling you they sell FRUIT and ANTIQUES. They open at 8:15 so come early and enjoy some coffee or espresso, pick up some snacks and plan to leave at 9:00 A.M. The Fruit and Antique Mall is located off Interstate 90 at Exit 101, about an hour-and-a-half from Seattle.

We will explore roads in the L. T. Murray Wildlife Area and will strictly follow the Green Dot Road Management System. Our trek will take us from sagebrush-steppe hillsides to dense stands of ponderosa pine and Douglas fir at elevations ranging from 1,500 to 4,500 feet. Much of the road surface will be heavy crushed rock so we recommend a minimum of 6-ply tires.

Roads will be passable by stock Full Size Jeeps and if anyone wants to drive more challenging trails there are several nearby. If your Full Size is down for repairs you are welcome to drive your Brand-X. So mark it on your calendar and we hope to see you on October 21st.
              Jerry from Yakima
              See my Cherokee at:

Comment

• landbruiser1
                232 I6
                • Dec 19, 2005

I am still a strong maybe, I am still building my 79 and want to take that.. My older J is to low geared for all that freeway driving.
                1979 Wagoneer, SOA, Custom rear spring hangers, Dana 44's, 360. Auto. Lot to come for this rig!

Comment

FSJ TRIP

jerry

My name is Ron Couch my family and I are new to the Richland area, recently moved here from Phoenix. I drive a well built fully locked 76 cherokee cheif on 35's and have been looking for some four wheeling.
                  I would like to attend the trip, will check this web page to find out final date of trip if you would'nt mind my family and I tagging along.

Comment

• soggymountain
                    230 Tornado
                    • Jan 25, 2004

Would love to have you folks join up with us. The date, time and meeting place is finalized as follows:

Date: October 21st, Saturday

Breakfast on your own and meet at the Thorp Fruit and Antique Mall. That's the big, white, three-story pole building with no-nonsense, red and black lettering telling you they sell FRUIT and ANTIQUES. They open at 8:15 so come early and enjoy some coffee or espresso, pick up some snacks and plan to leave at 9:00 A.M. The Fruit and Antique Mall is located off Interstate 90 at Exit 101, about an hour-and-a-half from Seattle.

We will explore roads in the L. T. Murray Wildlife Area and will strictly follow the Green Dot Road Management System. Our trek will take us from sagebrush-steppe hillsides to dense stands of ponderosa pine and Douglas fir at elevations betweem 1,500 and 4,500 feet. Much of the road surface will be heavy crushed rock so we recommend good tires.

Roads will be passable by stock Full Size Jeeps and if anyone wants to drive more challenging trails there are several nearby. If your Full Size is down for repairs you are welcome to drive your Brand-X. So mark it on your calendar and we hope to see you on October 21st.
                    Jerry from Yakima
                    See my Cherokee at:

Comment

• BigBear
                      230 Tornado
                      • Sep 29, 2006

Thorp Run - Newbie

We just bought our first Jeep on thursday night and were directed to this sight by the previous owner.
                      My family is excited to meet some of the other members and see your rigs. Ours is a mostly stock '77 Wagoneer with a 4" lift and 32's.
                      We'll see you there.

Comment

• soggymountain
                        230 Tornado
                        • Jan 25, 2004

Congratulations on buying your first Full Size Jeep, BigBear! They are quite the rig. Every time I climb behind the wheel of mine I fall in love with it all over again. We are looking forward to meeting you folks on the 21st.

While I'm taking up space I would like to remind other FSJ owners that the meeting place for the Full Size Jeep Run is not very far from the Puget Sound Area. If a person left Seattle as late as 7:30 A.M. they could make it in time for the event. So how about joining us on Saturday morning, October 21st?
                        Jerry from Yakima
                        See my Cherokee at:

Comment

• soggymountain
                          230 Tornado
                          • Jan 25, 2004

Just two weeks to go before the Pacific Northwest Full Size Jeep Run and to date we only have three "for sure's" and one "maybe". It would be nice to hear from a few more FSJ owners who are planning to attend, but no matter, we are going to do the event short of a national disaster.

The main trails are appropriate for all stock Full Size Jeeps and they range from improved gravel roads to unimproved dirt trails. Four-wheel drive should NOT be necessary on the main trails. If your FSJ is down for repairs feel free to drive your pickup or SUV. If nothing else, talk your buddy into driving you in his rig. Any mechanically safe high ground clearance vehicles are welcome.

So bring your smiling face, meet some other people with similar interests, kick a few tires and enjoy some back country scenery. And for the guys with modified rigs who want to explore more difficult 4x4 trails, we will point you in the right direction.

Oh, don't forget to pack a lunch and bring lots of water.

Jerry from Yakima
                          See my Cherokee at:

Comment

• soggymountain
                            230 Tornado
                            • Jan 25, 2004

LAST CALL - THIS SATURDAY!!!!

Breakfast on your own and meet at the Thorp Fruit and Antique Mall. It's a big, white, three-story pole building with no-nonsense, red and black lettering spelling out FRUIT and ANTIQUES. They open at 8:15 so come early for coffee or espresso and plan to leave at 9:00 A.M. The Fruit and Antique Mall is located off Interstate 90 at Exit 101..

We will explore roads in the L. T. Murray Wildlife Area and you can expect road surfaces of gravel, dirt, holes, ruts and heavy crushed rock so we recommend good tires.

Roads will be passable by stock Full Size Jeeps and if anyone wants to drive more challenging trails we will head you in the right direction. If your FSJ is in the shop feel free to drive another SUV or pickup as long as it is high ground clearance

Hope to see you this Saturday!

Jerry from Yakima
                            See my Cherokee at:

Comment

catch you all next time. chero's in the shop and my truck has a cold.

Al
                              79 Cherokee Chief "Kronk" - TBI350/SM465/NP205
                              99 Dodge 2500 4x4 - Cummins 24v
                              07 Mazdaspeed3 GT - Big turbo, 340whp

Comment

Working...
                              X