• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Brynjminjones
    258 I6
    • Jun 11, 2017

"Wagoneer Client Services"

This made me laugh yesterday, thought I'd share with you all:

I recently emailed Chrysler to ask for a build sheet for my '91 GW. The word "Wagoneer" obviously flagged an auto-response in their system, which put me over to the "Wagoneer Client Services" department.

After they had responded with my build sheet, I received this survey to ask about my experience.

It looks like Jeep are definitely going up-market with their customer service, and the questions themselves make it pretty clear the types of buyers they're after!

"If you owned a customer service company, how likely would you be to hire PAULA who assisted you with your inquiry?"

Wagoneer Client Services by Brynjaminjones, on Flickr

P.S. Sorry about the old fashioned "screenshot"!
    1991 Grand Wagoneer - Hunter Green. All stock. Rebuilt 360, .030" over with Melling MTA-1 cam.

1998 Cherokee (XJ) 4.0
    1997 Grand Cherokee (ZJ) 4.0
    1974 Ford F100 390
  • MysticRob
    350 Buick
    • Nov 26, 2019

Sounds like Paula is looking for work. LOL
    More important than Paula, give us the process and email addresses you used to get your build sheet!
    --Rob--
    1988 Jeep Grand Wagoneer / Baltic Blue & Tan

My build thread:
    https://forums.ifsja.org/forum/tire-...er-restoration

My Howell TBI Install How-To:
    https://forums.ifsja.org/forum/tire-...rb-e-o-d-452-2

Comment

• Brynjminjones
      258 I6
      • Jun 11, 2017

Haha, it does sound like that!

They used to send you the build sheet via email, but now they just send a link. This is the link they sent me (ignore the fact that it says RAM). It says it only works for 1998+, but my 1991 worked fine.
      This should only work for the Chrysler style VINs.

Some things will be inaccurate, as each item has a code and they tend to recycle them. For example, mine has an 8 speed transmission!
      1991 Grand Wagoneer - Hunter Green. All stock. Rebuilt 360, .030" over with Melling MTA-1 cam.

1998 Cherokee (XJ) 4.0
      1974 Ford F100 390

Comment

• FleetFox
        258 I6
        • Apr 04, 2018

I have to confess, I am kinda interested in seeing one of the new generation on the road....

Fleet Fox

Comment

• Ristow
          • Jan 20, 2006

Lincoln has been selling the new wagoneer for years.....
          Originally posted by Hankrod
          Ristows right.................again,

Originally posted by Fasts79Chief
          ... like the little 'you know what's' that you are.

I LOVE how Ristow has stolen my comment about him ... "Quoted" it ... and made himself famous for being an ***hole to people. Hahahahahahahahahha!

It's like you're unraveling a big cable-knit sweater that someone keeps knitting...and knitting...and knitting...and knitting...

Comment

• Ristow
            • Jan 20, 2006

"certified wagoneer ambassadors" ROFLOL!!!
            Originally posted by Hankrod
            Ristows right.................again,

... like the little 'you know what's' that you are.

I LOVE how Ristow has stolen my comment about him ... "Quoted" it ... and made himself famous for being an ***hole to people. Hahahahahahahahahha!

It's like you're unraveling a big cable-knit sweater that someone keeps knitting...and knitting...and knitting...and knitting...

Comment

• babywag
              out of order
              • Jun 08, 2005

I got an almost identical response when I emailed dodge for the build info for my new to me srt8 magnum.
              Seriously doubt they have a specialized "wagoneer" group.

And the survey is from a 3rd party anyway which I promptly ignored.
              Tony
              88 GW, 67 J3000, 07 Magnum SRT8

Comment

• jpcoutts
                304 AMC
                • Jun 28, 2002

I went to the website and tried for my '86 J20 and the response was "Sorry but we have no information available for that vehicle." It was worth a try!
                Jim C
                '67 J3000 Dually
                '86 J20
                '79 CJ5(in pieces)
                '86 CJ7 Doesn't need anything(so why do I have it?)
                Correction- it just needed a water pump!

Comment

• Brynjminjones
                  258 I6
                  • Jun 11, 2017

Originally posted by jpcoutts
                  I went to the website and tried for my '86 J20 and the response was "Sorry but we have no information available for that vehicle." It was worth a try!
                  That's a shame, I expect though it's because it's pre-Chrysler era. Mine being a '91 would be on Chrysler's database.

I have to say, I must be in the minority on here who actually likes the new Wagoneer!
                  It's obviously going for a similar clientele to the new Navigator etc, but I don't think it looks anything like the others, apart from being a large boxy body-on-frame SUV.

The only thing I'm upset with is that they didn't include a roll-down rear window. That would have been functional, and a real throwback to most people's (bad) memories of the original!

1998 Cherokee (XJ) 4.0
                  1974 Ford F100 390

Comment

• jeepjseries
                    350 Buick
                    • May 30, 2009

The new wagoneers look cool from what I have seen. Not sure about engine options or anything. A diesel option would be nice. Haven’t heard good things about the Fiat Diesel engines so far.
                    -2000 Volkswagen Jetta diesel
                    -1976 Wagoneer 401/Turbo 400/QT with 4 low/Dana 44s

Comment

• rang-a-stang
                      Administrator
                      • Oct 31, 2016

Originally posted by KayBur
                      Maybe not all databases are digitized and synchronized? It
                      Looks like you got bit by the stupid apostrophe bug. This old crusty forum software does not like apostrophes sometimes. Especially when posting from iOS platforms.
                      Chuck McTruck 71 J4000
                      (Chuck McTruck Build Thread)
                      (8.1L swap questions - PerformanceTrucks.net Forums​)
                      79 Cherokee Chief (SOLD, goodbye old buddy)
                      (Cherokee Build Thread)
                      11 Nissan Pathfinder Silver Edition 4x4
                      09 Mazdaspeed3 Grand Touring
                      00 Baby Cherokee

Comment

• DarkMonohue
                        Shakes hands with danger
                        • Jul 01, 2012

Lord, do I hate CSI surveys. Although they are ostensibly a means to provide candid feedback to the company, I always feel like they're really just a substitute for actual service. It's as if they can get away with doing a crappy job as long as they ask us how we feel about the effort their rep (i.e. PAULA) made. Though that attitude is admittedly tainted by years and years and years of consistently and thoroughly useless phone and email "service" from all manner of providers, invariably followed by a survey.

Originally posted by rang-a-stang
                        Looks like you got bit by the stupid apostrophe bug. This old crusty forum software does not like apostrophes sometimes. Especially when posting from iOS platforms.
                        No matter. She/it was just a spammer anyway. She gone.
                        '85 J20 Old Man Truck, bought @ 65K miles - not great, but better than walking.
                        Member, FSJ Prissy Restoration Association
                        High quality junk here: intro thread and slow build thread

Did you know? Willys is just Willis spelled differently, but pronounced the same. Neither Willy nor his apostrophe are involved.

Comment

• Brynjminjones
                          258 I6
                          • Jun 11, 2017

Originally posted by DarkMonohue
                          Lord, do I hate CSI surveys. Although they are ostensibly a means to provide candid feedback to the company, I always feel like they're really just a substitute for actual service. It's as if they can get away with doing a crappy job as long as they ask us how we feel about the effort their rep (i.e. PAULA) made.

Yup, I agree with that! Sounds like what my current employer does too. It doesn't matter how employees get treated, just as long as we have a survey every quarter to make sure we feel "heard"

1998 Cherokee (XJ) 4.0
                          1974 Ford F100 390

Comment

Working...
                          X