Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elliot that's beautiful. Nice work man. I can't wait to hear about the performance. I should have mine done too real soon. I'd also like to see your clearance issues. Keep the pics coming
    Places to Wheel in the Southeast

Originally posted by Topgun2mo
    I would think boxing would limit the amount the frame could flex over obstacles which I think IMO would be a bad thing. I would think you would want all the articulation possible.
    Originally posted by johnny019
    I'm not saying lockers don't improve the performance of your rig, just that they're overrated.

Comment

• JeepsAndGuns
      AMC 4 OH! 1
      • Jul 18, 2003

One other question for ya elliott, in the pic, is the 205 clocked up as far as the kit lets you, or just slightly?
      79 Cherokee Chief 401/T18/D20, MPFI fuel injection, hydroboost, otherwise stock.
      Future mods: Caddy 500/NV4500/NP205, HP D60 front D60 smooth botom rear, 5.13 gears, 35x12.50's on H1 beadlock wheels. Warn M12000 winch.
      93 Wrangler 4.6 stroker/AX15/NP231,SYE,CV, OME 2.5 lift, front hub conversion/big brakes, 31X10.50's Warn M10000 winch.

Comment

• Elliott
        Cowboy Up
        • Jun 22, 2002

Thanks Nick and yeah, I got to looking at the clocking and I just put it together like that 'cause it seemed high enough with the bottom of the 205 level with the bottom of the rest... looked like the front output would be above the crossmember under the doubler mount. It could actually go quite a lot higher, perfectly flat + from the looks of it. I want to keep the driveline angle at minimum while keeping the smooth Jeep belly line.
        *** I am collecting pics and info on any factory Jeep Dually trucks from the J-Series at the new Jeep Dually Registry.
        ***I can set you up with hydroboost for your brakes: http://www.ifsja.org/forums/vb/showthread.php?t=106056

Comment

• 4x4fEvEr
          350 Buick
          • May 25, 2005

**** way to go elliot that set up is hot! when i started this thread i had every intention of building my doubler, which i have all the parts except the doubler, you know the expensive part of the setup. but since i decided to compeletely tear my jeep down to a frame,body and engine ive run out of money and cant build mine now, so i gotta just run my 435/205 and then once i get the money go back into it. it will just cost me more to do the driveshafts twice i guess. atleast im running 60's front and rear now and 5.13 gears, i should be able to turn my 42's pretty good for now. i hope everybody else wanting a doubler gets theres built
          77 cherokee chief 360/435/205-60/60-42's

Comment

• Desert Beast
            360 AMC
            • Oct 05, 2002

looks good man, im running the NWF doubler also and i love it. (well haven?t really run it yet ) but it is the best one out there imo. most adjustability and (when i bought it) the only one that had a billet intermediate shaft.
            If it aint broke, fix it 'till it is.

Comment

• where are you guys getting your gaskets from? NAPA, AZ, Advance, O'Reilly, etc? I need the one for the back of the 203, the front of the 203 (which is a 208 pattern) and the 205. has anyone got the PN#s?

edit: anyone used Allstategear.com? they seem to have quite the selection.
              Last edited by orangecherokee; 03-14-2007, 05:01 PM.

I would think boxing would limit the amount the frame could flex over obstacles which I think IMO would be a bad thing. I would think you would want all the articulation possible.
              I'm not saying lockers don't improve the performance of your rig, just that they're overrated.

Comment

• Desert Beast
                360 AMC
                • Oct 05, 2002

i got all my gaskets from NWF in thier rebuild kit for the 203 and the 205.

Comment

• Elliott
                  Cowboy Up
                  • Jun 22, 2002

I snag gasket kits off ebay, but here's a couple sources for some of the individual gaskets, some of which are hard to come by:
                  http://www.quad4x4.com/New%20Process%20NP205%20Transfer%20Case.htm
                  http://www.drivetrain.com/transfercasesparts.html#New%20Process%20Model%2020 5
                  *** I am collecting pics and info on any factory Jeep Dually trucks from the J-Series at the new Jeep Dually Registry.
                  ***I can set you up with hydroboost for your brakes: http://www.ifsja.org/forums/vb/showthread.php?t=106056

Comment

• I made my own when I did my doubler. Though I am not sure its cheaper, since gasket paper is not cheap, if you can even find it these days.
                    Daily Driver 2008 Wrangler Sahara
                    Going, Gone, or Thinking Fishing

Comment

• Desert Beast
                      360 AMC
                      • Oct 05, 2002

Originally posted by Crazy_Jeepman
                      I made my own when I did my doubler. Though I am not sure its cheaper, since gasket paper is not cheap, if you can even find it these days.
                      haha, ive got an old, old piece of asbestos gasket material. havent seen that for a while.

Comment

• i have a small roll of cork and a very small roll of black gasket paper. i always end up using the "blue glue" instead

which prompts this question: Do you think using the "blue glue" would be alright?

Comment

• Elliott
                          Cowboy Up
                          • Jun 22, 2002

I don't think you should use RTV on the housing seals as I'm pretty sure there needs to be some gap as they work as bearing retainers. I used RTV on the input retainer and it made the gear endplay too tight, unless I had another issue, but things fit right when the gasket was used. That was my experience anyway, and it was the same with the NP435 adaptor... it needed a gasket in there.
                          I may be completely wrong about the 205, the bearings have o-rings to keep them in the correct position in the case...
                          Last edited by Elliott; 03-15-2007, 09:01 AM.

Comment

• Just ordered my gasket kit from ORD for $19. Not too bad I think. I got the 203, 205 and the PTO cover. I still need the 465 gasket but I can pick that in town.

Comment

• Originally posted by orangecherokee
                              I still need the 465 gasket but I can pick that in town.
                              Yea I need to get that one too, It must be a pretty thick gasket, there is a pretty good gap between the adaptor and trans without it
                              Daily Driver 2008 Wrangler Sahara
                              Going, Gone, or Thinking Fishing

Comment

• what stinks though is that I can only find the 465 set not just the one gasket. the kit at NAPA is around $25

Comment

Working...
                                X