What's the most ridiculous thing you have ever seen?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Junkers456
    232 I6
    • Nov 30, 2020

What's the most ridiculous thing you have ever seen?

Basically what the title says... be it vehicles, people, animals, or houses, I want to hear just how stupid some things are.

An early 50's Chevy pick-up with 78 Camero front and rear bumpers hung off it, all in black primer. Not grafted or faired in, just hung on the truck.
    Art
    ASE Master Collision Tech
    "Beast" - 81 "S" W/T, 85-360, T-18, Lock-rite,wag alloys, 31-10.50 Pro Comp MT's, Warn 8274 in a fabbed bumper/deer strainer(tested and approved)

88 XJ, 3" lift, 31-10.50's, custom bumpers and winch/tow bar mounts, Warn 9500HS, custom sliders/steps, camo paint, & headliner

Member: FSJ Prissy Restoration Assoc.

Comment

• rang-a-stang
      Administrator
      • Oct 31, 2016

Muuuusstt..... fight..... cannot...... grrrrr........ post.... political....... joke...... cannot.... do it.... must..... fight.....
      Chuck McTruck 71 J4000
      (Chuck McTruck Build Thread)
      (8.1L swap questions - PerformanceTrucks.net Forums​)
      79 Cherokee Chief (SOLD, goodbye old buddy)
      (Cherokee Build Thread)
      11 Nissan Pathfinder Silver Edition 4x4
      09 Mazdaspeed3 Grand Touring
      00 Baby Cherokee

Comment

• Brynjminjones
        258 I6
        • Jun 11, 2017

A couple of years ago whilst stuck in traffic on the way to work, I heard an incredibly loud scraping noise as a vehicle approached in the lane next to me.

As it drove past, it was a small van (Renault Kangoo, not sold in the US) with license plates from an Eastern European country (can't remember which one) happily driving along with only three wheels!

The front right wheel was totally missing, and being front heavy the van was sat on the hub/brake rotor, with the rear left wheel almost in the air.
        He drove straight past me with sparks flying and happily continued through town!

I've seen pictures of this kind of thing on the internet, but never expected to see something like that with my own eyes!
        1991 Grand Wagoneer - Hunter Green. All stock. Rebuilt 360, .030" over with Melling MTA-1 cam.

1998 Cherokee (XJ) 4.0
        1997 Grand Cherokee (ZJ) 4.0
        1974 Ford F100 390

Comment

• Junkers456
          232 I6
          • Nov 30, 2020

Originally posted by goldhammer
          An early 50's Chevy pick-up with 78 Camero front and rear bumpers hung off it, all in black primer. Not grafted or faired in, just hung on the truck.
          Yeah, I would say that qualifies. No idea why ANYONE would want to ruin an old chevy like that, but let sleeping dogs lie, right?

Comment

• Junkers456
            232 I6
            • Nov 30, 2020

Originally posted by rang-a-stang
            Muuuusstt..... fight..... cannot...... grrrrr........ post.... political....... joke...... cannot.... do it.... must..... fight.....
            HAHAHAAHAH! Yeah, lots of... recent events would definitely qualify for his.

Comment

• Junkers456
              232 I6
              • Nov 30, 2020

Originally posted by Brynjminjones
              A couple of years ago whilst stuck in traffic on the way to work, I heard an incredibly loud scraping noise as a vehicle approached in the lane next to me.

As it drove past, it was a small van (Renault Kangoo, not sold in the US) with license plates from an Eastern European country (can't remember which one) happily driving along with only three wheels!

The front right wheel was totally missing, and being front heavy the van was sat on the hub/brake rotor, with the rear left wheel almost in the air.
              He drove straight past me with sparks flying and happily continued through town!

I've seen pictures of this kind of thing on the internet, but never expected to see something like that with my own eyes!
              Awww, it wanted to be a Reliant Robin!

Comment

• Brynjminjones
                258 I6
                • Jun 11, 2017

Originally posted by Junkers456
                Awww, it wanted to be a Reliant Robin!
                I'd probably rather the van with the missing wheel!
                1991 Grand Wagoneer - Hunter Green. All stock. Rebuilt 360, .030" over with Melling MTA-1 cam.

1998 Cherokee (XJ) 4.0
                1997 Grand Cherokee (ZJ) 4.0
                1974 Ford F100 390

Comment

• Crankyolman
                  350 Buick
                  • Sep 27, 2017

This is near the top of my list

Although a couple weeks ago I saw a car driving down the road with the entire wraparound bumper cover jammed under the car and dragging. People were trying to flag it down but they just kept on driving.
                  '72 J4500

Comment

Now that's a really custom Hawk.
                    Art
                    "Beast" - 81 "S" W/T, 85-360, T-18, Lock-rite,wag alloys, 31-10.50 Pro Comp MT's, Warn 8274 in a fabbed bumper/deer strainer(tested and approved)

88 XJ, 3" lift, 31-10.50's, custom bumpers and winch/tow bar mounts, Warn 9500HS, custom sliders/steps, camo paint, & headliner

Comment

• Tripwire
                      AMC 4 OH! 1
                      • Jul 30, 2000

people going the wrong way round in a traffic circle and cant figure out how to get out?

Abort? Retry? Ignore? >

86 GrandWag. Howell fuel Injected 360. MSD Ignition + Dizzy. 727/229 swap BJ's 2" Lift and 31's

88 Wrangler 4.2, Howell TBI and MSD - Borla Headers w/ Cat-back + winch and 31's AND a M416 trailer (-:

Comment

• rang-a-stang
                        Administrator
                        • Oct 31, 2016

OK, I am not usually one to bag on peoples rides; To each, his own. But I have seen about 5 trucks like this in the last week and I do not get it. 12" lift to fit a stock height tire on a rim that is 8" wider than the tire tread.

Chuck McTruck 71 J4000
                        (Chuck McTruck Build Thread)
                        (8.1L swap questions - PerformanceTrucks.net Forums​)
                        79 Cherokee Chief (SOLD, goodbye old buddy)
                        (Cherokee Build Thread)
                        11 Nissan Pathfinder Silver Edition 4x4
                        09 Mazdaspeed3 Grand Touring
                        00 Baby Cherokee

Comment

Any taller tire, and you'd be replacing clutches every week with stock gearing.

Makes about as much sense as a 1/2" tall sidewall on a 24" rim.
                          Art

Comment

• oregonphil
                            232 I6
                            • Oct 17, 2020

Those trucks and cars remind me of the "slot cars" and Matchbox toys people had as kids.

P.S. if I offended anyone...oh well.
                            OregonPhil

77 SJ 401
                            72 Commando 304
                            07 Toyota Sienna
                            76 HD FLH

Comment

• Tanker
                              350 Buick
                              • Jan 04, 2005

I like lifts that are higher then you and your girl friend can get into.. Was in Geneva FL waiting on a friend.. I think a 12" lift with extra large tyres ,Yoda I think..He gets outs about 150 skinny as heck,she gets outs about 250-300.. She goes in guessing this part here to pay for gas an snack time.. She waddles back out and the fun starts getting her back in.. Pushing lifting panting sweating, then finely some dude shows up with a ladder to get her in...
                              Owner of Jakes FSJ Junkyard 91 Jeep Cherokee /2006 3500 Dodge AKA Babe the big blue puller
                              Hire the handicapped, they are fun watch!

Comment

Working...
                              X