• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Wag the Dog
    232 I6
    • Aug 19, 2002

THX irbob, your page made TFI painless

Just finished TFI thanks to irbob's outsanding TFI page and the old gal never ran better.

Thank you for your clear and detailed guide!

TD
    83 Wagoneer Ltd. TFI & AM/FM cassette player!
  • roadgrime
    350 Buick
    • Apr 17, 2003

hey wag u might want to post the url for those of us who dont know it!

Comment

• Wag the Dog
      232 I6
      • Aug 19, 2002

RGR that roadgrime, still don't know how to drag link into post but here is the address:

83 Wagoneer Ltd. TFI & AM/FM cassette player!

Comment

• irbob
        360 AMC
        • Apr 11, 2000

You are very welcome.
        Bob
        83 Wagoneer Brougham (Rolled) Woooof
        83 Wagoneer Limited (Parts Rig) Woooof II

Comment

• okiefsj
          258 I6
          • Jun 05, 2004

yeah what he said thanks irbob
          Get down with the under ground

Comment

• illegalFSJ
            304 AMC
            • Jun 03, 2002

Is there anyone out there who's done this upgrade to the Prestolite Ignition System ('74? - '77)? I know that you'd have to replace the distributor with the Motorcraft one used in '78 and newer, and do some wiring modifications...
            BTW, that is a nice write-up. All the pictures make it easy to see what you're referring to.
            "Well, what gears do you have? If you have 2.72s in there still, a blown big block with jesus himself working the gas pedal couldnt get the rear tires to slip." -Mavawreck

1977 J10, shortbed, 360, T18a 4-speed, D20, 32\" A/T tires, Warn hubs - Forest Service Green

Comment

• jode
              JB Welder
              • Apr 08, 2002

Originally posted by illegalFSJ:
              Is there anyone out there who's done this upgrade to the Prestolite Ignition System ('74? - '77)?
              I TFIed my '76 about 6 months ago (or so). It was WAY easier than I thought it would be and I was kicking my self for having waited so long to do it.

The wires that you need can be removed from a later model FSJ (with Duraspark) without even cutting them (I found this out after I had already cut them ) if you just open up the wiring look cover, you will see what I mean. It was pretty easy to see. One of these days, I will get around to doing a writeup on it.
              It was a good mod
              If you run into problems, just post up...
              No FSJs for the time being - "I'm working on it, I'm working on it" (think Mike Meyers' SNL skit about the gut)

Comment

Working...
              X