• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Crist Clapper
    I'm being stalked by Steve... Save me!
    • Apr 28, 2008

BJ's Off-Road - No Refund???

Yeah I've read about the slow delivery and long-lead-time on email responses from BJ's... Anyone have a problem with getting a refund from them like I am?
    1990 Grand Wagoneer:
    Delilah - def: "White Lady (cocktail) with the additional ingredients of egg-whites, sugar, and cream"

1987 XJ Wagoneer Limited:
    Desiree - def: ?Much Desired? [orig: French] ? Desirable Charcoal Gray façade, Wood-grain vêneers,and Tan Leather éssentials"

Member, FSJ Prissy Restoration Association (FJS-PRIS)

What is the issue? Never had a problem myself
    Jeep gauges are for amusement only. Any correlation between them and reality is purely coincidental.

Comment

• ProTouring442
      327 Rambler
      • Mar 15, 2011

Have you called them? I hadn't received the adapter I ordered, so I called. The gentleman who answered the phone checked into it right then, and fixed whatever the issue was. I received my adapter two days later.
      You ever wonder what medieval cook looked at the guts of a pig and thought, "I bet if you washed out that poop tube, you could stuff it with meat and eat it."

Comment

• billyrb
        BJ's Off-Road
        • Aug 15, 2001

Crist, I replied that Brent was cutting a check and would have it out soon. Today I replied that our bookkeeper came by this morning with a stack of checks for him to sign, and yours was in that group, and it went out today.
        BJ's Off-Road
        [email protected]
        Your source for '63-'91 FSJ Parts

Comment

• Crist Clapper
          I'm being stalked by Steve... Save me!
          • Apr 28, 2008

Originally posted by billyrb
          Crist, I replied that Brent was cutting a check and would have it out soon. Today I replied that our bookkeeper came by this morning with a stack of checks for him to sign, and yours was in that group, and it went out today.
          The check is in the mail... Where have I heard that before!

(Sorry for the delay... Seems email notifications are not working)
          1990 Grand Wagoneer:
          Delilah - def: "White Lady (cocktail) with the additional ingredients of egg-whites, sugar, and cream"

1987 XJ Wagoneer Limited:
          Desiree - def: ?Much Desired? [orig: French] ? Desirable Charcoal Gray façade, Wood-grain vêneers,and Tan Leather éssentials"

Member, FSJ Prissy Restoration Association (FJS-PRIS)

Comment

• Thumper168
            258 I6
            • Nov 29, 2010

I've had nothing but good luck with all my orders from them. Matter of fact, I think its the only place I can honestly say I havnt had an issue with..
            84 Grand Wagoneer

Comment

• sonoraed
              232 I6
              • Sep 06, 2003

I think to a point were lucky to have a place that specializes in parts for FSJ's most of what they sell you could find elsewhere if you knew what you were looking for and had the time,also don't think BJ's is a big operation like Summit and they don't stock everything they sell and it takes time to order and ship and reship to you maybe the part you ordered has to be made before it is shipped to BJ's (more time).
              My shop has ordered a fair amount of parts from BJ's thru the years and most of time things work out,have returned a few parts and usually get credit for another part or a check,some parts don't fit quite right and need to be modified but thats the way it is for low volume vehicle products.
              My last bad experience was with ACC vinyl floor mat, had for a year and a half before installed and the molded floormat didn't fit worth a Great Googley MoogleyGreat Googley MoogleyGreat Googley MoogleyGreat Googley Moogley,hard to tell it was molded for my truck and was to narrow at the kick panels,Ryan called ACC and they said it was out of the year warranty and it was my fault it didn't fit because the mat had been in the sun ( was in the box all the time) So be it.
              Talked to the shop that is recovering the oem bucket seats I found and he said the problem I had was common for ACC vinyl mats,should have asked them in the first place,
              So ACC was not honest with BJ's and with me,I don't hold it against them their just resellng something they didn't make and trusting the maker to be truthful, E Caveat Emptor!
              Sonoraed,fuel injected,SOA 79 J10,Dana 20 twin stick,700R4,89 GW dashboard,

Comment

And Klattu verrada nicto!
                Jeep gauges are for amusement only. Any correlation between them and reality is purely coincidental.

Comment

• sonoraed
                  232 I6
                  • Sep 06, 2003

Ahh yes from Julius Caesar, Caesar looks up to Brutus after stabbing him and utters those immortal words "klaatu karada nikto" no wait its from
                  The Day the Earth Stood Still when Klaatu tell Gort "not to destroy the earth" reality and fiction all seem the same these days
                  Sonoraed,fuel injected,SOA 79 J10,Dana 20 twin stick,700R4,89 GW dashboard,

Comment

• tgreening
                    258 I6
                    • Jan 06, 2008

Point of order from an old sci-fi nerd. It was "Gort, klaatu barada nikto", and it was a way better movie than that thing that Neo was in recently.
                    83-ish V8 CJ/7 SOA 37" MTR
                    79 CJ7 Q/T, 258, 31's
                    77 CJ5, V8, 33's
                    94 Cherokee, 31's
                    68 J-3000, 232, 3 on the tree (under the knife soon)
                    78 J10, 360, Q/T, auto. Sacrificial lamb.
                    78 J20, 360, Q/T auto. Future unknown.
                    75 J20, 360, Q/T, auto. Reprieved sacrifice.
                    73 J20, 232, D20, 3spd. Axle sacrifice

Comment

Dang! I remembered it wrong!

Comment

• ffrayer
                        232 I6
                        • Mar 08, 2014

Beware of the ol "store credit"

Returned a part that did not work and I was told store credit only!
                        It was quickly resolved though so we will see if the refund us credited or I have to call the CC company and dispute.

Comment

• ffrayer
                          232 I6
                          • Mar 08, 2014

Well it didn't go well. Not only did BJ's lose us as a customer We had to call the CC comony to get our refund. Brent tried to claim he never got the return package even after the trackingnumber showed it was delivered . Ryan on the other hand was honest and admitted fedx tends to leave packages all over. Either way the moneys back into our account.

Comment

• serehill
                            Gone,Never Forgotten.
                            • Nov 22, 2009

yep

Ryans an OK guy.

80 Cherokee
                            360 ci 727 with
                            Comp cams 270 h
                            NP208
                            Edlebrock performer intake
                            Holley 4180
                            Msd total multi spark.
                            4" rusty's springs
                            Member, FSJ Prissy Restoration Association

If you can't make it better why waste your time. No use repeating the orignal mistakes. I'm to old to push it that's why.

Comment

• ffrayer
                              232 I6
                              • Mar 08, 2014

get a signiture with BJs Offroad

The latest in the BJs screw up. So sent package back , had tracking number and it showed delivered to BJs. Ryan decides to tell the credit card company they never actually signed for it so they never got the pa mage back. Great scam and now he gets the parts back, can 're sell them and doesn't have to pay any refunds. Thank god I have Capital One who explained all this to me and waived my charges. Apparently, according to them, this is bot the first time this has happened with them. So if you send anything back to BJs regardless of an RMA ask for a signature.

Comment

Working...
                              X