74 J-20 axle (or frame) swap to 79 Cherokee questions
I have a 79 Cherokee Golden Eagle I am fixin' to do a frame off restoration to. Part of that plan has considered doing 3/4 axles.
I found a '74 J-20 that I am going to go look at tomorrow.
I have the following questions to determine whether this is the right donor:
1) Does the '74 J-20 have front disc brakes?
2) If not, can I swap my Cherokee front disc brakes over to the J-20 front axle?
3) Is the '74 J-20 axle swap to the '79 Cherokee a no fab direct plug and play swap?
4) If not, what fabrication is involved? No trouble or nightmare?
5) Is the frame of the J-20 beefier than the frame of the Cherokee?
6) If so, would a body swap be easy or difficult.