• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 1973LT
    230 Tornado
    • Mar 14, 2021

76 Wagoneer Driver Build

I have always loved these full size Jeeps. I wasn't looking but ended up buying an orphan from a gentleman that was relocating to a new job. It's been about two months and I have been collecting parts to build it how I would like it. As a bonus it has a 401 in it but it only runs if you poor fuel down its throat. In my obsession I ended up purchasing a '78 J20 to donate some parts. I plan on swapping in the 3/4 ton axles and 4 speed from the J20 to the Waggy. The J20 also has a reportedly rebuilt 360. I think that it may be true looking at how clean the freeze plugs and gaskets are. I am putting the 360 into the Waggy until I can rebuild the 401. Anyway, here is the beginning.

I wanted to upload images but honestly the amount of image manipulation it takes to satisfy this sites limitations simply isn't worth it in the modern era...
  • inkedmonkey
    258 I6
    • Feb 12, 2021

I already responded to the other thread but in case you are only seeing this one, I was frustrated at first about the images as well. I found https://imgbb.com/ No manipulation needed and you don't have to sign up for anything.

Comment

• rang-a-stang
      Administrator
      • Oct 31, 2016

Sounds awesome! Welcome to the group!

When I bought mine it ran the same (only when you pour fuel down it's throat).

You have a solid plan! I don't think the J20 axles will "bolt-in" but it should not be that hard to get them in. The steering is slightly different, too but not a big lift to swap that over.

Your truck should be a really fun project!
      Chuck McTruck 71 J4000
      (Chuck McTruck Build Thread)
      (8.1L swap questions - PerformanceTrucks.net Forums​)
      79 Cherokee Chief (SOLD, goodbye old buddy)
      (Cherokee Build Thread)
      11 Nissan Pathfinder Silver Edition 4x4
      09 Mazdaspeed3 Grand Touring
      00 Baby Cherokee

Comment

Working...
      X