• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AmBush175
    230 Tornado
    • Aug 16, 2004

Tellico Run: 20 Apr 06 - 23 Apr 06

Just a "Heads-up" on this run if anyone is interested in going. This group (Sandhill RockCrawlers) are out of NC and all are a VERY good group of guys; I wheeled with them while I was stationed in NC at Bragg.

Hello guys & Gals!! I hope everyone is getting their winter repairs and modifications completed!!

We are planning an trip to the Tellico Trails @ Murphy, NC on April 21st thru 24th. We will be leaving that Friday for the 6-7hr trip to Murphy. We will be staying at Crawfords Campground, a full service facility, with electric and primitive sites, a full bathhouse and they even have a fully equipped service bay to make any repairs to your rig. We will have Saturday and Sunday for trail rides & will be returning home on Monday.

Tellico is a hard core park, with trails rated from moderate to extreme!! I would recommend at least a rear locker and M/T rated tires and expect a chance of some body damage!! 33" or larger M/T tires and front and rear lockers would be best. And if it is wet, look out!!!

Please let me know if you can make this trip so I can make reservations for the correct number of people at the campground.

Also, I am going to check on the possibility of getting some vinyl fender graphics with the club logo & some sweatshirt/t-shirts made up if anyone is interested. Let me know if you are and how many you might want.

Hope you can make it to Tellico!!!

Chris (Horny Toad)

If you are interested just drop Chris a line at:

[email protected]

[ March 29, 2006, 07:19 PM: Message edited by: AmBush175 ]
    1980 Toyota
    1984 Toyota
    1999 Taco

"I believe that forgiving them is Gods function; My job is simply to arrange the meeting."
  • Casey
    • Oct 08, 2003

Tim! What's up Bro'!

I'll be there.
    1994 YJ
    1986 Comanche
    '57 FC-150

Carolina Full Size Jeep Club
    www.cfsjc.com

www.patriotguard.org

Originally posted by Jeepstress
    "Go forth and be a tool".
    Originally posted by 78 Wagoneer
    This year for ECI I got a Jeep. Pretty important upgrade.

Comment

• War Wagon
      350 Buick
      • Feb 26, 2002

I really want to go but will be field testing this on that weekend.

Jim

[ January 29, 2006, 08:03 AM: Message edited by: War Wagon ]
      I may not be good but I am good at it.

78 Wagoneer "The War Wagon"
      81 J10 Truggy "The War Buggy"
      83 J10 Sport Side
      CFSJC Uwharrie Rep.
      07 JK 2dr Rubicon
      09 JK Unlimited Rubicon

Comment

• AmBush175
        230 Tornado
        • Aug 16, 2004

Sweet @$$ sweet Casey!

Sorry War Wagon, but I now that you will be having a great time blowing the $hit out of something with that canon!

BTW War Wagon, show those pics of your "Toy" on the SORA forum....I will still take that off your hands before you start sinking $$ in her....
        1980 Toyota
        1984 Toyota
        1999 Taco

"I believe that forgiving them is Gods function; My job is simply to arrange the meeting."

Comment

• War Wagon
          350 Buick
          • Feb 26, 2002

Tim,

The pics are on the SORA site but you will have to use the links as they will not show up for some reason and they are under the Tellico post.

Jim
          I may not be good but I am good at it.

78 Wagoneer "The War Wagon"
          81 J10 Truggy "The War Buggy"
          83 J10 Sport Side
          CFSJC Uwharrie Rep.
          07 JK 2dr Rubicon
          09 JK Unlimited Rubicon

Comment

• Casey
            • Oct 08, 2003

I just found out that a certain female explorer is performing in Atalanta that weekend. I may have a date with my daughter. Which is much better than hanging out with you guys stuck on the trail. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

I'll let you know what I find out Tim. Soon enough (I hope) you will understand.
            1994 YJ
            1986 Comanche
            '57 FC-150

www.cfsjc.com

www.patriotguard.org

Comment

• muffin
              230 Tornado
              • Oct 15, 2005

What is the cut off date for reservations?

I have to finish some J repairs but can probably be back on the trail by then.
              Some people are only alive because it is illegal to shoot them.<br /><br />Everyone has a photographic memory...some just don\'t have any film.

Comment

• AmBush175
                230 Tornado
                • Aug 16, 2004

I am just passing the word on for Chris (Sandhill RockCrawlers) but if I was going to go out on a limb then I would say within a week (7) to ten(10)days of a "heads-up" for Chris to know something.
                If this is not enough time for Chris and his crew and you see yourself "cutting it closer" for a cut off date, then just keep me in mind and you can stay with me out on the trail. I am planning on going but I will not be staying at Crawford's...I will be staying out on the trail.

Just drop Chris an email and I am sure that he will be more then helpful. If you don't know Chris he is a VERY OUTSTANDING DUDE.

Hope this helps dude.
                1980 Toyota
                1984 Toyota
                1999 Taco

Comment

• muffin
                  230 Tornado
                  • Oct 15, 2005

Thanks, I'll let ya'll know when I get Big Red back on the road. Right now my only ride is the Rubi so I can't risk wheeling her and breaking something. I pass through your way from time to time, I have a cousin in Cleveland.
                  Some people are only alive because it is illegal to shoot them.<br /><br />Everyone has a photographic memory...some just don\'t have any film.

Comment

• youngjeeper
                    AMC 4 OH! 1
                    • Jan 24, 2003

Me and my dad will be there! ..with both Jeeps hopefully
                    88' GW Stock & Mint
                    77' CJ-7
                    http://gfsj.org/forums
                    Choptop/Crew Cab Build-up
                    http://www.ifsja.org/forums/vb/showthread.php?t=93389

Comment

• AmBush175
                      230 Tornado
                      • Aug 16, 2004

GOOD...cause it has been a long time since I have seen and wheeled with you guys also! LoL
                      1980 Toyota
                      1984 Toyota
                      1999 Taco

Comment

• Casey
                        • Oct 08, 2003

Going to Atlanta to see...Dora's pirate adventure. AARRRGH!
                        I'll be thinking about y'all though.
                        1994 YJ
                        1986 Comanche
                        '57 FC-150

www.cfsjc.com

www.patriotguard.org

Comment

• Horny Toad
                          327 Rambler
                          • Apr 04, 2001

Looks like we will have a good crowd, we have around 10-12 rigs going so far.

Tim, Have you got Shana's rig ready for her yet? Tell that girl Papa George will be disappointed if she is not there!!

Dan, it will be good to see you & Doug again, any major changes on your rigs? Got my Holley Pro-Jection I swore I would have before I went back to Tellico!! Slickrock, LOOKOUT!!!!!!
                          '80 Cherokee W/T "Horny Toad", Custom Half Cab Choptop, 360/727/Dana 300 conversion & Twin Stick, Holley 2D Pro-Jection, Eldebrock Intake, Unilite ignition, SOA/RB Kit & 3" Rough Country Lift for 10" Total Lift, D60 rear(welded), HD44 front(locker), Custom F&R bumpers, 36" Goodyears, Front Winch, On-board Air, One LOUD Dang Airhorn!!

Comment

• AmBush175
                            230 Tornado
                            • Aug 16, 2004

Tim, Have you got Shana's rig ready for her yet? Tell that girl Papa George will be disappointed if she is not there!!
                            Nope...I have not touched her rig ; I have to purchase a trailer so I can bring it from my dad's shop to my house so I can start on it! I have completed a couple of mods to my rig though; allowing my "Little Blue Ball" to perform better - it was already a little bad @$$ rig...LoL!

I will tell Shana about PaPa George....hell, I know that she does not want to miss this trip cause she wants to see all of your guys, and wheel her @$$ off!!

Can't wait to hit the trail with you guys!!!! Should be an AWESOME trip!
                            1980 Toyota
                            1984 Toyota
                            1999 Taco

Comment

• GaWag
                              304 AMC
                              • May 15, 2002

Hey Chris! Long time no see!

I would love to go, don't know if I can tho. I am hopefully doing River ROck on the 25th, the Tellico Clean up march 10th. I don't know if my rig will hold up for all of that. Or maybe Kristie might say no! [img]smile.gif[/img]
                              Steve Powers

www.Bluetorchfab.com
                              www.Alternatefuel.com

Comment

Working...
                              X