• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dave Jeeper
    232 I6
    • Sep 08, 2019

Where to get windshield replaced in Denver

I have an 89 Grand wagoneer with a cracked windshield. The gasket looks to be original (faded and dried out). All chrome trim is present, no leaks that I know of. The vehicle sat for 15 years and I just got it running.

I am looking for a reliable, experienced place to replace the windshield and the gasket and reinstall the trim afterwards, that is in or near Denver, CO. Any recommendations from someone who had a successful replacement?

David
  • Strode
    1st Chair, Cowbell
    • Nov 08, 2011

It has been a few years, but I used these guys, and was very happy with them:

I believe I supplied the windshield gasket that I got from BJs. I had it layed out flat for weeks before the install. I asked when they were doing it about them finding a gasket, and they didn't have any sources, so get one from BJs.
    Brad
    (*Allowed to post while failed 'I am not a Bot' test results are under appeal)

My build thread: 1982 Cherokee Laredo

Ristow's Bunker

Member, FSJ Prissy Restoration Association

Comment

• johnnywaka
      230 Tornado
      • Sep 22, 2019

do the removal yourself

I bought my wag with a cracked windshield as well. My biggest recommendation is that you do the removal yourself so you dont realize you need to fix rust up in there when the guys replacing it. I had to repair the subframe (not sure if thats the right descriptor for it) for the windshield in a couple of places and can provide pics if necessary.

As for a place to get it done, I tried local guys near me and they brought me the wrong windshield three times. Cancelled and went with safelite and they got it in right the first time. Definitely worth the money to have it done right.

Let me know if i can be of any more help
      Rusty 1990 GW. stock rig

Comment

• Dave Jeeper
        232 I6
        • Sep 08, 2019

Thanks for the info. I have heard mixed reviews from the posts here regarding safelite. I have a safelite windshield in there now. It cracked about 3 years ago when hail knocked some gravel off the roof onto the windshield in one spot and then the crack spread. i don't think that there is rust, but can't be sure. There is no water leakage now. Only rust is near the rear of the vehicle.

Comment

• Cliff
          350 Buick
          • Mar 30, 2002

My father-in-law owns a glass shop in Woodland Park. It's 2 hours away but he has an excellent reputation, and my son and I get along great with him. Long time Jeeper - his logo for years included an old CJ. Judd's Glass. The owner (Rod) is semi-retired but still has a hand in the shop.
          Cliff Danley
          1977 Cherokee S

Comment

Working...
          X