X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rang-a-stang
    Administrator
    • Oct 31, 2016

DOH!!!! I didn't even see the link! I see it now. That's awesome!!! sounds healthy! Your truck is going to be a great driver!!!
    Chuck McTruck 71 J4000
    (Chuck McTruck Build Thread)
    (8.1L swap questions - PerformanceTrucks.net Forums​)
    79 Cherokee Chief (SOLD, goodbye old buddy)
    (Cherokee Build Thread)
    11 Nissan Pathfinder Silver Edition 4x4
    09 Mazdaspeed3 Grand Touring
    00 Baby Cherokee

Comment

• scout4bta
      258 I6
      • Apr 26, 2018

Originally posted by rang-a-stang
      DOH!!!! I didn't even see the link! I see it now. That's awesome!!! sounds healthy! Your truck is going to be a great driver!!!
      Actually I added the text link later, not your fault. Flickr used to have a link that looked like video, now it just looks like a pic.

Had plans today to put the engine on a makeshift stand and run it at speed to test the 3000 rpm governor springs I installed.
      Got the engine moved to the door and the engine lift gave out. Bought it in 1987. A new 8 ton long ram is on order, should be here next monday. Oh well need to tidy up the shop any way.

1989 GW/91.5 Dodge W250 CTD flatbed/ 06 Ford Crown Vic Police Intercepter/05 Jeep Liberty Diesel.

Comment

• scout4bta
        258 I6
        • Apr 26, 2018

Curb Weight
        Ran the 89 GW over the scales, 4600 lbs. Thats with a full tank of gas.
        weight on the Front axle, 2400 lbs, weight on the rear axle 2040 lbs.
        1989 GW/91.5 Dodge W250 CTD flatbed/ 06 Ford Crown Vic Police Intercepter/05 Jeep Liberty Diesel.

Comment

• scout4bta
          258 I6
          • Apr 26, 2018

Had time to weld up the right side engine mount with some left over 3/8" plate.

Last edited by scout4bta; 05-14-2021, 03:52 PM.

Comment

• SJTD
            304 AMC
            • Apr 26, 2012

What are the mounts from? The rubber thingies, not the metal?
            Sic friatur crustulum

'84 GW with Nissan SD33T, early Chev NV4500, 300, narrowed Ford reverse 44, narrowed Ford 60, SOA/reversed shackle in fornt, lowered mount/flipped shackle in rear.

Comment

• scout4bta
              258 I6
              • Apr 26, 2018

Originally posted by SJTD
              What are the mounts from? The rubber thingies, not the metal?
              I don't know the application but the brand is Anchor 2698 mounts. They must be mounted vertical as shown

Comment

• SJTD
                304 AMC
                • Apr 26, 2012

That'll work for me. The question is will they fit. Mine're oval and those might be wider but I'll do some checking.

My mounts are from '80 so 40 years old.

Thanks for the lead.
                Sic friatur crustulum

'84 GW with Nissan SD33T, early Chev NV4500, 300, narrowed Ford reverse 44, narrowed Ford 60, SOA/reversed shackle in fornt, lowered mount/flipped shackle in rear.

Comment

• scout4bta
                  258 I6
                  • Apr 26, 2018

That'll work for me. The question is will they fit. Mine're oval and those might be wider but I'll do some checking.

My mounts are from '80 so 40 years old.

Thanks for the lead.
                  Just reread your signature, I know the SD33T well. My Scout came with one, unfortunately when I bought the Scout the engine was on it's last legs. Ended up swapping the engine for a 4BT.
                  The mounts are called "Fluidlastic" mounts. The ones I have are 3" tall and 4.2" wide on the bottom with 13mm studs.
                  Last edited by scout4bta; 05-16-2021, 06:55 AM.

Comment

• scout4bta
                    258 I6
                    • Apr 26, 2018

The Left side engine mount:

Comment

• SJTD
                      304 AMC
                      • Apr 26, 2012

When you get a chance can you measure the big diameter, approx? The Anchor site say 6 7/8". Doesn't look that big from here in your pics.

Thanks.
                      Sic friatur crustulum

Comment

• scout4bta
                        258 I6
                        • Apr 26, 2018

When you get a chance can you measure the big diameter, approx? The Anchor site say 6 7/8". Doesn't look that big from here in your pics.

Thanks.
                        I measured both height and width with calipers. That's measured from the top and bottom surface not to the top of the studs.

edit, here's a link the the applications late 80's, early 90's Ford Bronco
                        Last edited by scout4bta; 05-18-2021, 09:22 PM.

Comment

• SJTD
                          304 AMC
                          • Apr 26, 2012

So what did you get when you measured? Or are you agreeing with Anchor's published dimensions? I saw the application data on their site.
                          Last edited by SJTD; 05-18-2021, 10:18 PM.
                          Sic friatur crustulum

Comment

• scout4bta
                            258 I6
                            • Apr 26, 2018

So what did you get when you measured? Or are you agreeing with Anchor's published dimensions? I saw the application data on their site.
                            Let me restate my measurements, the height is approximately 3", the width is approximately 4", + - .05", excluding the studs.
                            The published date from Anchor is for the shipping BOX, not the item.

Comment

• SJTD
                              304 AMC
                              • Apr 26, 2012

Woohoo! I think it'll go. And if they don't, Anchor makes similar mounts with smaller shipping dimensions so presumably the mount is also smaller. And they're cheap enough to take a chance whether or no.

I'll have get away from the kitchen remodel to take a peek.

I see now you posted the dims several posts up. Reading comprehension fail. Sorry about that and thanks for your patience.

Did the Scout use the flywheel housing mount? The front mounts are way forward rather than the more or less center of the motor like on most vehicles so the little rear mount would take a lot of weight. I used the housing mounts too.

Thanks again.
                              Last edited by SJTD; 05-19-2021, 11:47 AM.
                              Sic friatur crustulum

Comment

• scout4bta
                                258 I6
                                • Apr 26, 2018

Woohoo! I think it'll go. And if they don't, Anchor makes similar mounts with smaller shipping dimensions so presumably the mount is also smaller. And they're cheap enough to take a chance whether or no.

I'll have get away from the kitchen remodel to take a peek.

I see now you posted the dims several posts up. Reading comprehension fail. Sorry about that and thanks for your patience.

Did the Scout use the flywheel housing mount? The front mounts are way forward rather than the more or less center of the motor like on most vehicles so the little rear mount would take a lot of weight. I used the housing mounts too.

Thanks again.
                                The Scout engine mounts, are talking about the original SD33T or the 4BT mounts? The SD33T in the Scout was factory. For the 4BT mounts I used 93 Dodge Diesel mounts with custom engine mounts I made.

Comment

Working...
                                X