• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 83regaleagle
    230 Tornado
    • Jan 29, 2012

Silver Eagle

Howdy all! Been lurking for several months now, figured it long past time to actually register & introduce myself Name's Kirsten, I'm currently living in Victoria, BC, Canada, & while I don't have a Full Size Jeep, I do have one of the last Full Size AMC cars (mid sized Jeep, then? :P )

- though it's not all that much "car" anymore! lol

It started out its life as a 1983 AMC Eagle station wagon, powered by the trusty ol' AMC 258. Previous owner put in a NP208AM t-case, front bush bumper with winch (previously a Ramsey 8k, I replaced it with a Warn Tabor 9k). I've put in (with major help ) a TF727, Holley 2bbl (cfms unknown), solid axle conversion using 95 XJ axles, & a 6" Evolution 4x4 lift. Life kinda hit me with a 100lb sledge hammer, so my poor ol' EJ has been sitting for about five months, & I'm only now able to get around to finishing up the fiddly bits of the trans swap.

It was thanks to the info I found on this forum that gave me the courage to swap in the 727 when the stock 998 burnt itself out (pinched coolant line, we found out on removal). It was especially helpful to find out that the 258/727/208 combo was a stock option - if only in helping convincing the guys "helping" me that yes, this would work. Mind you, we all forgot we were working on an AMC - NOTHING is ever as easy as it sounds lmao But, I'm just as stubborn as my car, so I'll get there, eventually
  • GI-John
    258 I6
    • Apr 11, 2006

Welcome from NJ! I like what you've done with the Eagle; DEFINITELY a head turner! I've always wondered what they would look like...
    Just Emptying Every Pocket

Comment

• rocklaurence

• Jan 14, 2009

Looks Good--for a car. I like it.

Comment

• 83regaleagle
        230 Tornado
        • Jan 29, 2012

haha Thanks! I miss just driving this thing, never mind wheeling! The looks I'd get while in a convoy of Jeeps are awesome: built Jeep, stock Jeep, built, lifted, bui..... wait, WHAT!?! lol It's a good feeling. Plus, the ol' girl scares the city folk in their dinky plastic cars

Comment

• trailscape
          258 I6
          • Feb 23, 2009

I'm going to get one sooner or later... I love those vehicles.

Check out the eagle forum if you haven't already. Good crowd there too.

1974 J10 258 T18/D20
          Project since 2009. Collecting dust while in school.

2002 Tundra - Daily Driver

Comment

• mnewxcv
            232 I6
            • Jan 12, 2010

looks awesome. I either want to pick up an eagle or a straight 6 fsj. just cant afford the gas of a 360/401
            wanting my own FSJ

Comment

• j2sax
              350 Buick
              • Mar 20, 2003

Hey Kirsten.. Jesse here! You going the the big meet in Casper this Summer? Planning on bringing up a Kammster to Micks!

Good to see ya, ya Kanukian Lurker, you!
              Last edited by j2sax; 02-01-2012, 08:35 AM.
              Jesse- Sparta, MO (Near SPfdl MO) J20 4 Door Project, Wag w/ 6" Rusty's, 33x12.5's, 360/727 (for now!), 77 J10, 80 J20, 3 80's Wags, 73 Commando, Lots of AMC Eagles, FSJ parts Rigs and parts

Comment

• 83regaleagle
                230 Tornado
                • Jan 29, 2012

lol Thanks trailscape, but I've been on the Nest for as long as I've had the Eagle (about three years? ish :P ), I'm Regalwizard on there. Made some great friends, made one enemy, & kept another Eagle running. Mostly.

JESSE!!! Heya dude! Really hoping to make Wyoming (& it's Buffalo, not Casper - Mick moved), but it all depends on funds & time off. I'm determined to finish paying Mick for the SAS before I go on any more trips, poor guy has been far more patient with me then I deserve.

Comment

• fulsizjeep
                  Señor Jackhead
                  • Aug 21, 2002

Welcome Regalwizard! I have an account on the nest but don't get by there very often. I have an 84 Sport wagon with a 90 XJ 4.0 and NP229 upgrades by the PO. Most of the mileage I put on mine is in the winter because it is a great commuter for snow and ice.
                  Flint
                  Ran when parked.
                  http://jubileejeeps.org/quadratrac
                  88 GW, 401/727/208, 5" lift, D44s/4.10s/locked up, 35s with a few Evil Twin & TT's Fabworks mods
                  76 401 Wag, 77 401 Wag, 77 401 J20
                  http://eviltwinfab.com http://www.ttsfabworks.com

Comment

• Heavy_Metal_Thunder_81
                    Cherokee Outlaw
                    • Jan 10, 2006

That Eagle is SWEET!
                    -Jonny B.
                    1979 Cherokee Golden Eagle - UNDER CONSTRUCTION
                    7" Alcan springs, BJ's HD shackles - 35x12.5x15 BFG Mud Terrains
                    AMC 401 - Pro-Flo 4 EFI
                    NV4500/NWF BB/NP205 - Triple Stick'd
                    F D44 - 4.10, Eaton E-Locker
                    R M23 - 4.10, Detroit Locker

1979 Cherokee Chief - Parts
                    1979 Cherokee Chief - Parts
                    1979 Wagoneer - Sold
                    1981 Cherokee Chief - Cubed

Comment

Working...
                    X