• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • posulli88
    258 I6
    • Dec 18, 2016

My 2005 Jeep LJ was Stolen in Denver this AM

Hello everyone. My daily driver jeep was stolen this morning from behind Edge Automotive 4x4 in Englewood, CO (suburb of Denver). If you are in Denver or in the surrounding area please keep a look out. This photo was taken this weekend so this is how the jeep currently sits. Tan Body, tan wheels, black hard top, roof rack, no bumpers or sliders. Jeep was stolen at 6:15-6:30 this morning.

thanks
    77' J10 w/ 360, T18, Dana 20 TC
  • oregonphil
    232 I6
    • Oct 17, 2020

That sucks! Hope you find soon, in good condition!
    OregonPhil

77 SJ 401
    72 Commando 304
    07 Toyota Sienna
    76 HD FLH

Comment

• Brynjminjones
      258 I6
      • Jun 11, 2017

I'm really sorry to hear about this. It's a long shot, but have you thought about getting in touch with the YouTube channel TFL (The Fast Lane)? https://tflcar.com/

They're local (Boulder) and heavily into Jeeping - I wonder if they would do a shout out?
      1991 Grand Wagoneer - Hunter Green. All stock. Rebuilt 360, .030" over with Melling MTA-1 cam.

1998 Cherokee (XJ) 4.0
      1997 Grand Cherokee (ZJ) 4.0
      1974 Ford F100 390

Comment

• Crankyolman
        350 Buick
        • Sep 27, 2017

I hate to see these sorts of posts. People suck and I hope you get your jeep back.
        '72 J4500

Comment

• rang-a-stang
          Administrator
          • Oct 31, 2016

If the insurance pays out, I hope you get what it is ACTUALLY worth. Don't take their first offer; it will be crap and they know it. They'll offer the value of a bone stock TJ. I would start collecting data now for how much an LJ is worth, start collecting receipts for parts you had on it, and start collecting receipts for maintenance in the last 12 months.
          Chuck McTruck 71 J4000
          (Chuck McTruck Build Thread)
          (8.1L swap questions - PerformanceTrucks.net Forums​)
          79 Cherokee Chief (SOLD, goodbye old buddy)
          (Cherokee Build Thread)
          11 Nissan Pathfinder Silver Edition 4x4
          09 Mazdaspeed3 Grand Touring
          00 Baby Cherokee

Comment

• posulli88
            258 I6
            • Dec 18, 2016

Thanks for the suggestion Brynjminjones! I followed that suggestion and they posted on their Youtube community page. It has a lot of hits. Still nothing though!

Rang-a-stang I have already provided my insurance (USAA) with a lot of nice photos highlighting how nice it was. It only had 42k miles on it too so I am really hoping I get what its worth. I have sent them all of the receipts I have which is a lot. I don't have receipts for the currie lift or the garvin roof rack as those came on the jeep but I hope they honor. I also have been documenting all recents sells of LJ's that are close to mine for leverage. We will see....

Still just super bummed about this whole thing.

Comment

• babywag
              out of order
              • Jun 08, 2005

Sorry and sad for ya!

I would ask ins. co. specifically...
              Who they use for vehicle valuation, and timeline of receipts they will actually accept.

Here in CA both insurance companies I have recently dealt with the last being USAA...neither of them did their own valuations, accepted any receipts older than 1yr, and would NOT accept any sales I gave them(ebay, auctions, craigslist, facebook etc.)

USAA really tried to screw me over when determining value of my totaled vehicle.
              Hopefully a theft will be less painful for you?
              Tony
              88 GW, 67 J3000, 07 Magnum SRT8

Comment

• posulli88
                258 I6
                • Dec 18, 2016

Apparently they use a third party company called CCC. Was that the same company they used for you? So far they have accepted all my receipts I have sent. I have only owned the jeep a little over a year so most of my receipts are recent, maybe thats why? Ive been told they go off vin number, photos provide of the condition before stolen, and 2-3 comparables sold in my area.

Man hearing about them not accepting recent sales scares me. These things have shot up in value and I am definitely afraid I wont see the actual value back from USAA

Comment

• letank
                  AMC 4 OH! 1
                  • Jun 03, 2002

I have USAA too, and interestingly the rep I talked to a few years ago recommended that I use ebay and local listings to establish the real value of my 85GW...

I have the minimum coverage, so I had to deal with the other party's insurance, which used a third party to estimate the value of the vehicle... The third party was in Washington state -forgot the name of the appraiser- all was done over the phone after the appraiser had received picts from their approved body shop...
                  The insurance initially appraisal was $1285... for total damage of $2800 or about... for left fender and bumper and fake wood... I submitted ebay and local listings for same years from $8 to 18K... but when I talked to the appraiser I said that due to the condition of the vehicle $4K was a good estimate, the appraiser laughed and said that I was reasonable...

Unfortunately the insurance changed their strategy, after many weeks of back and forth, because I was not insured with them... at that point I said that I would agree on the $1285 and not go thru a salvage title, otherwise I would hire a lawyer... They agreed on the $1285, and I spent a lot less...

Your case is different... but in the end, a legal counsel might be a good idea to value the price of you missing jeep, which is a very nice example of a perfectly running jeep
                  Michel
                  74 wag, 349Kmiles on original ticker/trany, except for the rust. Will it make it to the next get together without a rebuilt? Status: needs a new body.
                  85 Gwag, 229 Kmiles. $250 FSJ test lab since 02, that refuses to give up but still leaks.

Comment

• Brynjminjones
                    258 I6
                    • Jun 11, 2017

Originally posted by posulli88
                    Thanks for the suggestion Brynjminjones! I followed that suggestion and they posted on their Youtube community page. It has a lot of hits. Still nothing though!
                    I've just spotted the post on their page, I'm glad they tried to help - they're good guys!

I'm sorry you've had no luck though, I hope you get sorted
                    1991 Grand Wagoneer - Hunter Green. All stock. Rebuilt 360, .030" over with Melling MTA-1 cam.

1998 Cherokee (XJ) 4.0
                    1974 Ford F100 390

Comment

• rang-a-stang
                      Administrator
                      • Oct 31, 2016

I really hope they find it in good condition. those rims and tires look soooooooo good.
                      Chuck McTruck 71 J4000
                      (Chuck McTruck Build Thread)
                      (8.1L swap questions - PerformanceTrucks.net Forums​)
                      79 Cherokee Chief (SOLD, goodbye old buddy)
                      (Cherokee Build Thread)
                      11 Nissan Pathfinder Silver Edition 4x4
                      09 Mazdaspeed3 Grand Touring
                      00 Baby Cherokee

Comment

• babywag
                        out of order
                        • Jun 08, 2005

Apparently they use a third party company called CCC. Was that the same company they used for you? So far they have accepted all my receipts I have sent. I have only owned the jeep a little over a year so most of my receipts are recent, maybe thats why? Ive been told they go off vin number, photos provide of the condition before stolen, and 2-3 comparables sold in my area.

Man hearing about them not accepting recent sales scares me. These things have shot up in value and I am definitely afraid I wont see the actual value back from USAA
                        Yes, it was CCC and their first "valuation" what beyond a joke.
                        Took LOTS of pushback to USAA and they eventually revised it.
                        Tony
                        88 GW, 67 J3000, 07 Magnum SRT8

Comment

• Brynjminjones
                          258 I6
                          • Jun 11, 2017

Originally posted by rang-a-stang
                          I really hope they find it in good condition. those rims and tires look soooooooo good.
                          I absolutely agree, this has to be one of my favorite looking Wranglers I've seen!

1998 Cherokee (XJ) 4.0
                          1974 Ford F100 390

Comment

• posulli88
                            258 I6
                            • Dec 18, 2016

Well they found my jeep and its absolutely trashed. I agreed to a very good settlement with USAA and will have to move on. I found a rubicon version in the same color as my old LJ so I will be getting that. It was sad to see such a nice jeep sooooo beat up.

Comment

• MysticRob
                              350 Buick
                              • Nov 26, 2019

Well they found my jeep and its absolutely trashed. I agreed to a very good settlement with USAA and will have to move on. I found a rubicon version in the same color as my old LJ so I will be getting that. It was sad to see such a nice jeep sooooo beat up.
                              How'd the arseholes get their greedy mitts on it anyway? Odd place to steal it too, had to be someone who works around there or happened to be in the area for a specific reason. People like that should have appendages cut off.
                              --Rob--
                              1988 Jeep Grand Wagoneer / Baltic Blue & Tan

My build thread:
                              https://forums.ifsja.org/forum/tire-...er-restoration

My Howell TBI Install How-To:
                              https://forums.ifsja.org/forum/tire-...rb-e-o-d-452-2

Comment

Working...
                              X