International Full Size Jeep Association
Home Forums Reader's Rigs Tech Library Trail Stories FSJ-List
International Full Size Jeep Association  

Go Back   International Full Size Jeep Association > Tire Kickin' > General FSJ Tech

Old 12-23-2003, 12:35 PM
Gear Head

I just converted to manual so your more than welcome to the switch...just pay the shipping cost

The cynic is one that belives the pessimist is overly optomistic
Old 12-23-2003, 12:51 PM
just got here....

Try having someone hold the front switch in the up position while you wiggle the rear keyed switch, just to get the window up. Of course, you'll need to do this with the T-gate down so you can get in there and work on that stuff. I rewired ours using relays a loooong time ago so each switch is independant from the others.
.....(Forward tilt hood / widened flares / custom rear bumper with tire carrier & air hose storage)
Old 12-23-2003, 01:15 PM
Master Mechanic

Quote:
Originally posted by Torque:
I just converted to manual so your more than welcome to the switch...just pay the shipping cost
I think I might take you up on that!

Send me an email. The dealership said they still have it but they can't even order it till next Monday.
1981 Cherokee Chief Laredo: 360 w/Holley Fuel Injection, Edelbrock manifold, NP219, 3.31, 33\'s, no fuzzy dice (yet)<br />1987 J20: Stock except for the gaudy red Durabak all over the exterior<br />1990 Corvette that get\'s driven anytime I don\'t need to haul a load or go offroad and the temperature is over 32F.
Old 12-24-2003, 08:40 AM
Master Mechanic

After putzing around for another two hours (I wanted to try everything before taking the window off the track) I managed to get a hold of the motor connector and pull it through the window slot. I connected a "jump start" portable battery to the wires and shut the window. Works great.

The switch is definately broken. I haven't taken everything apart, but I can see it wobbling around in there. I'm going to put off taking apart the motor assembly until I can get my hands on a replacement switch.

I am considering running new wires with a solenoid so that the rear can be opened and closed from inside the vehicle. It would make sense to have a switch on the inside of the tailgate so you can open the window if you are snoozing in the back.
1981 Cherokee Chief Laredo: 360 w/Holley Fuel Injection, Edelbrock manifold, NP219, 3.31, 33\'s, no fuzzy dice (yet)<br />1987 J20: Stock except for the gaudy red Durabak all over the exterior<br />1990 Corvette that get\'s driven anytime I don\'t need to haul a load or go offroad and the temperature is over 32F.
Old 12-24-2003, 12:50 PM
Third Member

Sheeeeeooooooot, dude! You still messing with that window?

Get some duct tape and cardboard and cover it up. Then leave a 6-pack of Keystone somewhere to utterly distract the would-be thieves in your neighborhood.

Get in that Vette and ride like Santa to see your folks!

Ho-ho-ho!