• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • the original Honcho
    327 Rambler
    • Mar 14, 2005

1975 Leaf springs

So does anyone know what year Chevy leafs I can toss on my '75 Wagoneer? Who has done this?
    I've read 63'' and 58'', but what year trucks? I was planning on keeping my main leafs and just putting together my own pack but I work crazy hours and don't have the time (a short week is 60 hours) to comb through junk yards with a measuring tape.

Thanks!
    1980 Jeep J-20
    1979 Jeep J-10 Honcho
    1991 Jeep Grand Wagoneer
    1975 Jeep Wagoneer- The Green Bastard, from Parts
    Unknown
    1968 Plymouth Satellite
    1978 Camaro- back in action
    1980 'Vette. Chevette. Please someone buy this
  • Tad
    • Nov 30, 2001

I know I saw this somewher on her but i cant find it now after about a hour of searches. I was wondering if anyone knows where the list of sizes of spring for each FSJ is. Im looking for a chart showing the eye to eye dimensions and the widths and also the bushing sizes. I know it was on here that I saw this chart, but I cant

I have seen several threads here requesting sizes on FSJ bushings, and I thought I would try to help, so here goes: ( I am going to group Wagoneers, Grand Wagoneers and Cherokees together under the heading "SJ" to keep the thread shorter, but I do know that there is a difference - just not in the spring bushings.

2000 Infinity QX4, 3.3L, MPFI, 4 speed auto, 2 speed Nissan tcase, Unibody, IFS front, 4 link rear solid axle with 255-70/16s

IFSJA WMS PROJECT
    EARLY WAG LIFT SEARCH

...Pay no attention to these heathen barbarians with their cutting torches and 8" lift kits!...
    Self Inflicted Flesh Wound

Comment

• the original Honcho
      327 Rambler
      • Mar 14, 2005

Thanks Tad! I promised to get my Green Machine out in the Gila this summer, and the miniature trail run during the Enchilada finished any spring the springs had. Now it's sitting in my driveway looking like it's turning into a lowrider. Just needs gold Daytons
      1980 Jeep J-20
      1979 Jeep J-10 Honcho
      1991 Jeep Grand Wagoneer
      Unknown
      1968 Plymouth Satellite

Comment

• Tad
        • Nov 30, 2001

Lol, it's still a good looking rig.
        So as you do some reading you will discover that the 74-75 rigs are the hard ones to deal with when it comes to the rear bushing sizes.
        When I am off this phone later I will try to dig up the post where Tom from HellCreek and I had found what we thought were a few options.
        Not sure if it went anyplace after the discussion.
        2000 Infinity QX4, 3.3L, MPFI, 4 speed auto, 2 speed Nissan tcase, Unibody, IFS front, 4 link rear solid axle with 255-70/16s

IFSJA WMS PROJECT
        EARLY WAG LIFT SEARCH

...Pay no attention to these heathen barbarians with their cutting torches and 8" lift kits!...

Comment

• the original Honcho
          327 Rambler
          • Mar 14, 2005

Originally posted by Tad
          Lol, it's still a good looking rig.
          So as you do some reading you will discover that the 74-75 rigs are the hard ones to deal with when it comes to the rear bushing sizes.
          When I am off this phone later I will try to dig up the post where Tom from HellCreek and I had found what we thought were a few options.
          Not sure if it went anyplace after the discussion.
          Awesome thanks Tad! The '75 is really fun and the AC blows cold- gotta make good use of it!
          1980 Jeep J-20
          1979 Jeep J-10 Honcho
          1991 Jeep Grand Wagoneer
          Unknown
          1968 Plymouth Satellite

Comment

• Tad
            • Nov 30, 2001

Ok im doing a skyjacker 4 inch lift on my 1975 jeep J10 and the rear shackles are not coming off. I have used pickle forks a sledge and a darn crow bar. Is there any way to take the shackles and spring out together with out haveing to cut the whole thing off of the truck? Im pretty sure the bushings have welded to the darn post.

Still not sure but I bet I still have those test springs.
            I have some 4", "74-"91 front springs here also that will need a home.

I'll be in Silver at least twice before Ouray.
            Might be there for a bit of spring break but it will be during the week.

IFSJA WMS PROJECT
            EARLY WAG LIFT SEARCH

Comment

Working...
            X