• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FarmWagoneer
    232 I6
    • May 08, 2020

Driving a classic vehicle is good for the soul

Just wanted to take a minute and acknowledge how awesome it is to drive an old vehicle and be involved in a culture most people have no idea about. I get waves from people in lowriders and people in model t's. It doesn't matter where you're from or anything just enjoying the same feeling we all have driving a vehicle that probably would have been crushed. Humanity at its best.
    81 wagoneer
  • levelhead
    232 I6
    • Nov 04, 2016

Well put FarmWagoneer.
    1988 GW (2)
    1980 Cherokee Laredo
    1979 Wagoneer
    1976 J10 401
    1977 Wagoneer 401
    1977 J10 4 speed
    1969 J3000 (2)
    1955 CJ3B
    1964 Wagoneer

Comment

• rang-a-stang
      Administrator
      • Oct 31, 2016

Preach it!
      Chuck McTruck 71 J4000
      (Chuck McTruck Build Thread)
      (8.1L swap questions - PerformanceTrucks.net Forums​)
      79 Cherokee Chief (SOLD, goodbye old buddy)
      (Cherokee Build Thread)
      11 Nissan Pathfinder Silver Edition 4x4
      09 Mazdaspeed3 Grand Touring
      00 Baby Cherokee

Comment

• Heep-J4000
        350 Buick
        • Feb 09, 2014

Jeep "because mother nature hates flat roads to"

http://www.ifsja.org/forums/vb/showthread.php?t=180974

99' Dodge ram 2500 4x4 crew cab 5.9 Cummins ,backup work truck for now
        73' Jeep J4000 (named Heep or Desert Dragon) amc 360 V8 converted to LPG with T15/D20 (was my daily work truck for thirteen years and is getting major overhaul at the moment!)
        80' Jeep cj5 350 V8 Chevy/sm420/D300 project
        70/71 Jeep J4000 parts truck with Buick 350

Former vehicles:
        85' Volkswagen caddy mk1 1.6 diesel.
        83 Toyota land cruiser BJ42 3.4 diesel.

Comment

• bluehwy
          258 I6
          • Apr 28, 2014

Yuppers! I rode motorcycles for quite awhile. Rebuilt classics and rode top of the line brand new sport bikes. Never mattered what you were on there was always the traditional bikers wave. I still feel connected to that so much that I catch myself wanting to wave when passing in a car. ha ha

"And for those brave Right Wing Americans who say it's about... keeping America safe... if you want to fight against a country you need a F-15. You need a something a little more than a gun." ---Brandon

Comment

• Wagoneer Taylor
            258 I6
            • Dec 17, 2018

Couldnt agree more!
            I have driven quite a few "enthusiasts" cars and enjoy driving just about anything that has any character.
            But the feeling you get when you get a wave or thumbs up from a total stranger who appreciates your rig is one of the best feelings you can get!

I will say, for a good portion of my life I was the guy rubbernecking and trying to catch a car guys eye to give the wave or thumbs up but still enjoy it all the same
            Some call me Taylor...

1977 Jeep Wagoneer (Wedding Wagon)
            Pewter, Blue Interior, Original 401
            PO swapped in a 360, soon to be a 401 again!
            "Soon" is a relative term.
            Cracked cylinder put a hurt on me + bad connecting rods.

Comment

• jeepjseries
              350 Buick
              • May 30, 2009

I love getting waves from people who know about full size Jeep’s. I never knew about the jeep wave until owning my first one. Getting the wave from other classic vehicle enthusiast is awesome as well.
              -2000 Volkswagen Jetta diesel
              -1976 Wagoneer 401/Turbo 400/QT with 4 low/Dana 44s

Comment

• rocklaurence

• Jan 14, 2009

I like pulling into a gas station around lunch time during the week. Not long ago I pulled in and I had 3 people stop by and comment on the J10. Every other vehicle at the station was less than 10 years old and all looked the same--no personality.

Comment

• Tanker
                  350 Buick
                  • Jan 04, 2005

What Halftrac likes is getting fuel... Having guys telling her that her husband build her a great SJ.. Then she tells them nope she did it all except the engine machine work... There poor minds cant wrap around the thought that a girl works on Jeeps... She just smiles at them, driving away..
                  Owner of Jakes FSJ Junkyard 91 Jeep Cherokee /2006 3500 Dodge AKA Babe the big blue puller
                  Hire the handicapped, they are fun watch!

Comment

• backroadin'
                    350 Buick
                    • Aug 11, 2004

Probably one of the main reasons I still have mine - sometimes when I feel like throwing in the towel and getting rid of it, some randon dude will just come up and say how he had an uncle or granddad that used to have one, or somebody will go out of their way to give a thumbs up, and it all goes out the window and I think, there's no way I can get rid of this thing!! After all - we gotta keep these things running out of a public service to those who appreciate automotive history!! Those JK folks need to know what the original "4 door" was!!
                    1973 Wagoneer, 4.6L Jeep inline 6 stroker, t176/d300, offy dualport w/ quadrajet, pertronix, flowmaster

"Roads? Where we're going we don't need roads." -- Doc Brown

"When this baby reaches 88 miles per hour, you're gonna to see some serious sht!"

Comment

• fulsizjeep
                      Señor Jackhead
                      • Aug 21, 2002

What is a JK? bwahahaha

I drove my vintage junk up in the high country this week. It was much cooler than my yard of lava.

Last edited by fulsizjeep; 07-16-2021, 07:42 AM.
                      Flint
                      Ran when parked.
                      http://jubileejeeps.org/quadratrac
                      88 GW, 401/727/208, 5" lift, D44s/4.10s/locked up, 35s with a few Evil Twin & TT's Fabworks mods
                      76 401 Wag, 77 401 Wag, 77 401 J20
                      http://eviltwinfab.com http://www.ttsfabworks.com

Comment

• Crankyolman
                        350 Buick
                        • Sep 27, 2017

Fullsizjeep, where did you get that bumper sticker? I need one of those

As other's have already said, whenever I'm having my doubts about owning a 50 year old truck that seems to be getting harder and harder to find parts for I get those thumbs up and it changes my attitude.

Only today I got 3 thumbs up on my 5 mile drive home from work which comes to a lot of smiles per mile
                        '72 J4500

Comment

Working...
                        X