• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tripwire
    AMC 4 OH! 1
    • Jul 30, 2000

anything better than Rain X?

Been a while since i used it on baby jeep, bought some and it seems they changed the formula? it does not repel water as well and the wipers cause streaks making it difficult to see at night. I would like to put a product on the caddy - to reduce that appearance of a film on the glass when it raining

any recommendations?

steve
    Abort? Retry? Ignore? >

86 GrandWag. Howell fuel Injected 360. MSD Ignition + Dizzy. 727/229 swap BJ's 2" Lift and 31's

88 Wrangler 4.2, Howell TBI and MSD - Borla Headers w/ Cat-back + winch and 31's AND a M416 trailer (-:
  • Dave Jeeper
    232 I6
    • Sep 08, 2019

The windshield gets contaminants on the surface and that causes the bad vision in the rain.

Use a wet paper towel or a sponge with soft scrub to remove the chemicals on the windshield. Wash well afterwards. Then, when dry, you can rub on rain x and it should be great.

I had a bad problem with this issue when I lived near NY city. The automotive and jet fuel pollution would contaminate the surface of the windshield and this was the only solution. It worked great when I tried it.

Dave

Comment

• MysticRob
      350 Buick
      • Nov 26, 2019

I've never liked the issues that come with putting various chemicals on the glass. I've always just used 0000 steel wool or polishing compound on a low speed buffer to keep things clean and avoid burning the glass. Have you tried that yet?
      --Rob--
      1988 Jeep Grand Wagoneer / Baltic Blue & Tan

My build thread:
      https://forums.ifsja.org/forum/tire-...er-restoration

My Howell TBI Install How-To:
      https://forums.ifsja.org/forum/tire-...rb-e-o-d-452-2

Comment

• madmikeX3
        258 I6
        • Jul 23, 2009

When I worked at a Car wash in Highschool, we used to use Bio-clean hard water remover paste on filthy windows. That always made the windows very very clean and made the Rain X perform very well.

Bio-Clean Products is the original hard water stain remover. Trusted by restaurants, hotels and homes worldwide, Bio-Clean removes calcium and mineral deposits, cleaning everything from showers to tubs, boats, pools, cars, rust, glass, mildew and grease. Our range of cleaning products are non chemical and non acidic.
        Just Empty Every Pocket
        1980 Jeep Cherokee W/T
        Nice Jeep Bro!!!! Do some Jeep Stuff!!!!.

Comment

Working...
        X