• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chuckchili
    258 I6
    • Feb 18, 2008

Belated Introduction

I have been on the site for about two months now but have not introduced myself. I live in Colorado, just outside Denver. This is my first FSJ. I bought my truck in Feb this year from a man who stated he is the third owner. The first owner used it as a "farm truck" and apparently had vision problems because every body panel and every fender flare is dented. They even attached a railroad tie sized piece of wood to the front bumper to help protect the truck from this man's "crashing problem". I am assuming this was the same man who drilled at least eight holes in every body panel for tie down hooks, etc. This man then sold it to a friend of his who let it sit for 20 years who then sold it to the man I bought it from. When this guy got the truck in 1991, it had 18,000 miles on it. He used the truck as his daily driver for five years and then parked it for good in 1996. He wanted $1200, I gave him $1000. When I bought it, it had 45,000 miles on it and runs like a champ (for a six banger). I got all the original paperwork, manual and title along with 25 hornets nests placed secretly throughout the interior.

I know these things about my truck:
    Its a 1966 Gladiator 4x4
    It has a 232 Tornado straight 6 w/ 2 barrel carb
    The truck is a manual 4 speed with granny gears
    I have, I believe, aftermarket Warn hubs
    Everything on the truck is stock.

The things I don't know about my truck are: (Suggestions would be appreciated)
    What transmission I have
    What axles I have
    What lift/ lift combination I should look into. (I think I want about 8" with 35" tires eventually)

I have big plans for this truck and am very enthusiastic. I work on it with every spare moment I have. I got very easily addicted. So far I have ripped off all of the things I don't intend to use (bumpers, camper shell, mirrors, tail gate chains) and have sanded the surface rust off the entire driver's side so far. I have the whole truck stripped out for body work and paint. I promised the wife that I would make it presentible first so that it can sit in the driveway without embarassing her.

For those who have suffered through my stupid questions I have posted thus far, I appreciate it very much. The help I have received here has assisted me greatly.

Here's some pictures of when I first got it. (I hope they work) The one thing I can promise I am clueless and it won't be long until I post some more dumb questions.

CURRENTLY JEEP-LESS BUT ALWAYS LOOKING
    Past Jeeps:
    1966 J2000 Gladiator
    1979 J10
    1983 401 Cherokee
  • firecaptain13
    350 Buick
    • Jul 06, 2006

Welcome from Tucson. You said you have big plans for it... so what are they??????
    88 GW 4" lift, 31's, Razor

Comment

• Gambler68
      Rabble Rouser
      • Feb 29, 2004

$1000 for that isnt a steal but if it really has 18k (and wasnt too abused) not a bad deal. Welcome to the site!
      1979 Chero S "Sundog" 1979 Chero S "Hammer"
      1968 327 J3000 1978 J10SWB
      The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.
      Hunter S. Thompson .

Comment

• misfittom138
        350 Buick
        • Dec 19, 2007

Welcome aboard!!
        81 Wagoneer 360/727/208, lockrite rear/welded front,4.10s, 7"SOA/shackle flip,3" body,OBA,37" Iroks,chopped,caged,highsteer,hydro assist....

Comment

Working...
        X