• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • J10Dan
    230 Tornado
    • Jun 26, 2021

New to forum

Good Day to all!

Nice to be on with fellow fsj owners. I have gone through a few fsj in the last 30 years, yet mostly Wranglers.

I picked up a 77 J10 Honcho Levi's edition, a couple of months ago. Since then the old girl has spent the summer on the hoist, getting a boat load of new parts.
    New RedHead steering box
    New PSC Power steering pump
    New HD steering shaft
    New Flow Kooler High Flow Aluminum Water Pump
    Fully rebuild Rad with Re-Core
    New QuadraTrac transfer case chain
    And a bunch of smaller parts and ton of gaskets!
    All above parts are from bjs!
    Also did the breaks all the way around, New master cylinder, new lines and hard lines.
    The interior was almost fully restored when I bought it, cab is in pretty good shape, needs driver rocker. Box needs to be replaced.
    Picked up 2 new tail gates, both almost rust free and new rear bumper yesterday that is waiting for powder coating.
    Just got it back on the road earlier this week and will post some pics soon!

For now I'd thought I'd jump in and say hi from Edmonton, Alberta, Canada.

Dan
    Last edited by J10Dan; 08-20-2021, 02:14 PM.
  • oregonphil
    232 I6
    • Oct 17, 2020

Any photos you can share with us Jeep voyeurs? It's been said "without pictures it didn't really happen".
    OregonPhil

77 SJ 401
    72 Commando 304
    07 Toyota Sienna
    76 HD FLH

Comment

• MysticRob
      350 Buick
      • Nov 26, 2019

Yep, pics or you get banned.
      I'm still learning the earlier models myself so more info on the Levi's interior options fascinate me.
      --Rob--
      1988 Jeep Grand Wagoneer / Baltic Blue & Tan

My build thread:
      https://forums.ifsja.org/forum/tire-...er-restoration

My Howell TBI Install How-To:
      https://forums.ifsja.org/forum/tire-...rb-e-o-d-452-2

Comment

• J10Dan
        230 Tornado
        • Jun 26, 2021

I thought I could post pics directly from my phone. That failed. Just read I have to open a third party site to host the photos before posting, such as Flickr or Photobucket ect. It's been a long while since I have been on those sites. Will have to re open account, I guess to show my Truck! Will do it and post up some photos when I get it figured out!

Comment

• MysticRob
          350 Buick
          • Nov 26, 2019

If it helps, Flickr is free and pretty easy to use for uploading and linking pics. If you click the threads in my sig those are all hosted off Flickr.
          --Rob--

My build thread:

Comment

• backroadin'
            350 Buick
            • Aug 11, 2004

Welcome! Sounds like it's gonna be a nice ride when it's all done.
            I had a 77J10 levi edition as a parts rig once, not much was left of it but it had the denim door panels. That baby blue interior color was pretty cool - I have a few of those blue parts scattered around my interior. I went to a junkyard to get a steering column and came home with the whole rig!

Look foward to seeing it when you get some pics!!
            1973 Wagoneer, 4.6L Jeep inline 6 stroker, t176/d300, offy dualport w/ quadrajet, pertronix, flowmaster

"Roads? Where we're going we don't need roads." -- Doc Brown https://forums.ifsja.org/images/smilies/cool.png

"When this baby reaches 88 miles per hour, you're gonna to see some serious shhttps://forums.ifsja.org/images/smilies/eek.pngt!"

Comment

• J10Dan
              230 Tornado
              • Jun 26, 2021

Originally posted by MysticRob
              If it helps, Flickr is free and pretty easy to use for uploading and linking pics. If you click the threads in my sig those are all hosted off Flickr.

Thanks Rob! Your pics and work is fantastic!
              I just opened a new Flickr account and uploaded the pics on my new phone, most are of the 360 and repairs within the last month or so!
              Since I got a new phone since I bought the Truck (I am going to take some new body and interior pics later today when out in garage)
              Hopefully I'll be able to get it figured out lol!

Comment

• MysticRob
                350 Buick
                • Nov 26, 2019

If you use the BBCode option after uploading, then paste it into your post everyone can see them in the thread itself.
                I delete the extraneous URL crap at the beginning and end of the code to keep it clean:

Example using your pic:
                --Rob--

My build thread:

Comment

• Tripwire
                  AMC 4 OH! 1
                  • Jul 30, 2000

Welcome !!

Steve
                  Abort? Retry? Ignore? >

86 GrandWag. Howell fuel Injected 360. MSD Ignition + Dizzy. 727/229 swap BJ's 2" Lift and 31's

88 Wrangler 4.2, Howell TBI and MSD - Borla Headers w/ Cat-back + winch and 31's AND a M416 trailer (-:

Comment

• jpcoutts
                    304 AMC
                    • Jun 28, 2002

Welcome! Your pics look good! It takes a couple of steps to get the routine down to put them in your posts.
                    Jim C
                    '67 J3000 Dually
                    '86 J20
                    '79 CJ5(in pieces)
                    '86 CJ7 Doesn't need anything(so why do I have it?)
                    Correction- it just needed a water pump!

Comment

• rang-a-stang
                      Administrator
                      • Oct 31, 2016

Glad you're here! Looks like a solid start.

Two things that suck about this forum:
                      1) posting from your phone, if you use an apostrophe it will cut your post off. There are few things that will you off more than writing a nice long post and losing it all to the apostrophe bug.
                      2) It is a PITA to post pics. here are some "how to's" but really MysticRob said it best.
                      I've noticed some threads come up about people having problems posting photo's to the site here. I have always found it pretty easy, but I figure I can show others (with pictures;) )how I do it, and maybe we can get some more pics of some kick ass Jeeps here! Generally, this process should work the same way from other 3rd party

With that said, the people and resources on here are AWESOME. it's worth dealing with those 2 issues. I check the classifieds every day for good deals. Most of us sell parts, not to make money but to help other folks keep their rigs on the road/trail. If you have parts to sell, sell them cheap. If you need a part. it's probably available for a good deal (if you ask).

We'll see you around!
                      Chuck McTruck 71 J4000
                      (Chuck McTruck Build Thread)
                      (8.1L swap questions - PerformanceTrucks.net Forums​)
                      79 Cherokee Chief (SOLD, goodbye old buddy)
                      (Cherokee Build Thread)
                      11 Nissan Pathfinder Silver Edition 4x4
                      09 Mazdaspeed3 Grand Touring
                      00 Baby Cherokee

Comment

• J10Dan
                        230 Tornado
                        • Jun 26, 2021

Originally posted by rang-a-stang
                        Glad you're here! Looks like a solid start.

Two things that suck about this forum:
                        1) posting from your phone, if you use an apostrophe it will cut your post off. There are few things that will you off more than writing a nice long post and losing it all to the apostrophe bug.
                        2) It is a PITA to post pics. here are some "how to's" but really MysticRob said it best.
                        I've noticed some threads come up about people having problems posting photo's to the site here. I have always found it pretty easy, but I figure I can show others (with pictures;) )how I do it, and maybe we can get some more pics of some kick ass Jeeps here! Generally, this process should work the same way from other 3rd party

With that said, the people and resources on here are AWESOME. it's worth dealing with those 2 issues. I check the classifieds every day for good deals. Most of us sell parts, not to make money but to help other folks keep their rigs on the road/trail. If you have parts to sell, sell them cheap. If you need a part. it's probably available for a good deal (if you ask).

We'll see you around!

Thanks again for the welcome!

Nee deep in a Quadratrac rebuild.

Dan

Comment

• letank
                          AMC 4 OH! 1
                          • Jun 03, 2002

welcome to the asylum.... nice project, but with the tempermental distributor, called prestolite.... so there might be a duraspark distributor in your future with the matching ignition box... make sure that you swap your current distributor gears... or no swap

Hey Guys i got a 1977 Cherokee stock 360 2 barrel N code,with 4 speed trans looking in the part stores (o'really. Nopa ) for cap & rotor and theirs two choose motorcraft or Prestolite distributor? hows a newbie tell the different between them i don't see any manufacture name stamped on distributor. can ya help a newbie out

and do the ammeter bypass

Alright I need some answers about this ammeter bypass thing please. Why and how do I bypass the ammeter in my 76 waggy. The ammeter in my rig works good and I actually prefer it over a volt meter because I can tell how much my alt is actually working. But I keep hearing bypass your ammeter ASAP. So whats the deal why do I need

Searching will turn up a handful of threads by folks who have ditched the old ammeter in favor of a volt meter. I saw a lot of unanswered questions in some of these thread however. I also do not care for the commonly touted solution of simply tying together the red and yellow wires behind the dash. This sends your charge
                          Michel
                          74 wag, 349Kmiles on original ticker/trany, except for the rust. Will it make it to the next get together without a rebuilt? Status: needs a new body.
                          85 Gwag, 229 Kmiles. $250 FSJ test lab since 02, that refuses to give up but still leaks.

Comment

• Kaiserjeeps
                            360 AMC
                            • Oct 02, 2002

Hey welcome! Great project. For rockers Melnicks in CT makes the most accurate high quality parts. They were so very close to the original profile. I was impressed and I am very picky. I just installed both sides on a 68 M715 cab and only had to tweek a couple spots. Most all other rockers are so grossly inaccurate some don't even come close to the correct profile. So look them up when you get to the rocker repair.
                            And welcome...
                            Melford1972 says...
                            I’d say I feel sorry for you, but I really don’t, Mr. “I-stumble-into-X-models-the-way-most-people-stumble-into-Toyota-Carollas.” 🤣
                            -----------------------
                            I make wag parts
                            1969 CJ-5 41 years owned
                            1969 1414X Wag in avocado mist
                            1970 1414X Wag in avocado mist
                            1968 M715 restomod
                            2001 Dodge 3500
                            2002 Toyota Tundra
                            2006 Toyota 4runner was Liz's, parked

Building a m715 over at the m715zone
                            Beloved wife Elizabeth Ann Temple Murdered by covid on Oct 19th 2021

Small violin, large amp

Comment

Working...
                            X