• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gte636p
    230 Tornado
    • Jun 21, 2015

Window regulators... again

I took over a project a few months ago and have finally gotten around to working on the Wagoneer. The first thing I'm trying to get sorted is the window regulators. I've got four of the flexible track regulators and want to switch to something else given the reviews. I can't seem to find the metal regulators from '90 and '91 that are recommended.

Rockauto have the metal scissor type regulators, are these a better option? do they plug and play easily?

Are there any parts interchange? Coming from the XJ world the '90 Wagoneer items look somewhat familiar. Is this an option of sorts?

And yes, two of my flex tracks are already broken.

Lastly, having never taken apart a Wagoneer but now having one in boxes, is there a manual that would describe every part and where it goes?
  • drcom
    258 I6
    • Oct 02, 2011

I bought a Technical Service Manual for my 1970 that ranges from 65 to 71 and it was well worth the money. Lots of good info. BJ's Offroad has them.
    1970 Wagoneer Custom (9/1969)
    Original Arizona Jeep
    Buick 350/TH400/Dana20
    Early model with razor grill
    Spring Green exterior (original)

Custom series interior

Comment

• babywag
      out of order
      • Jun 08, 2005

xj stuff incompatible
      oljeep.com has parts manuals free download

nothing wrong with flex style regulators
      they last many years and easy to replace.
      Last edited by babywag; 09-20-2021, 03:03 PM.
      Tony
      88 GW, 67 J3000, 07 Magnum SRT8

Comment

• gte636p
        230 Tornado
        • Jun 21, 2015

That solves that then... off to get a whole new set.

Thanks guys.

Comment

• Tripwire
          AMC 4 OH! 1
          • Jul 30, 2000

i replaced all of mine 10 years ago and they still are fine, big mistake is to get them from your local parts store they are crap, you need NOS ones which are still available occasionally, bj's may still have some
          Abort? Retry? Ignore? >

86 GrandWag. Howell fuel Injected 360. MSD Ignition + Dizzy. 727/229 swap BJ's 2" Lift and 31's

88 Wrangler 4.2, Howell TBI and MSD - Borla Headers w/ Cat-back + winch and 31's AND a M416 trailer (-:

Comment

Working...
          X