X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 73waggy
    232 I6
    • Feb 16, 2007

They just had an artical about this in 4 wheel magazine but with a Gm product. So I was wondering if this would work in our jeeps. I will be hopefully doing this conversion one day.
    1973 Wagoneer ,31's, Carter offroad 650, Crane Cams Electronic Ignition conversion
    2002 TJ

Comment

• dusty
      327 Rambler
      • Jul 20, 2006

im horrible with pictures. like i said the nv4500 fit very well. and works even better. the D300 is a tight but good fit behind it. had i gone with anp205 i would have been building a new cross member, instead the stock QT crossmember works well when the d300 is clocked up just a hair with a clocking ring. i used a home meade set of short twin sticks it wall came out really clean. I did ditch the hydraulic clutch for a mechanical linkage. that has been a nice change for me also took some of the bugs out. Though if you wan to do hydraulic clutch the pivot point is 2-1/2"-3" below from the center of the pivot shaft. remove the bump stop on the clutch pedal so you can get an additional 1" more travel outward and that will give you adequate travel. you need to be able to compress the master cylinder within 1/8" of fully compressed

i changed cams in the motor and dropped from the 750 edelbrock to a 670 holley TA very happy with the results, i should have put a street avenger in vs the A since the street avenger is far less tempremental. the Comp 260 grind was aneamic at best. the Crane HMV 272 is right on the money for a mild/ warmed 401. she has a definate camd sound to her, but still idles down to 400-500 rpm without batting an eye. idles at 750 comfortably no loss of low end actually gained a little more low end

I will install the big motor someday but for the money a cam in the existing motor was hard to pass up definately woke things up with ported heads and opened up cc chambers it @ 9.6:1 its got a .512/.512 lift on a 226dur @.050 274 adv dur 112 lobe sep air gap intake vs the current performer intake w/ 9.6-9.7:1 on stock heads .484/.512 218/228 [email protected] 272 adv dur 112 lobe sep. i think the spread between the two motors power wise will be noticible

the 3.54's gave way to some 4.10's this summer the jeep did fine on 33's wioth 3.54's but i was upgrading to a j10 centered d44 rear which had a 4.10 Plok already in it so it was only logical to put a 4.10 Plok in the front also. I also got fed up with the steering box constant battle after two J20 autozone replacement boxes that quickly developed leaks and then they were back ordered and then a couple of wrecking yard boxes i gave up i called PSC for $300 i had a reman J20 box with a 185 torsion bar in it instead of the factory 160. drives better than my S10 box on my old waggy. noticibly firmer, didnt go S10 since i have flared hydroboost and flared ps pump o ring would mean a custom not a over the parts counter pressure line.

im currently in the process of installing a scout 33 gallon tank for the rear of the jeep. i thought about doing a suburban or p30 tank but athis unit is a better size fill neck is a straight shot and i can weld to it

I think after this i will a take a break and just drive the chief now that it is where i want it

Yes i have been busy, too busy to take pictures since ive also been trying to get a new company up and running
      Last edited by dusty; 03-17-2009, 11:33 AM.
      Cherokee S Chief Widetrack W/ Cummins 4bta Diesel, 91 dodge intercooler, hy35/9, AC NV4500/D300 3.54's Ploks 4" BJ's w/ 33's, scout 33 gal fuel tank ( Sold, to a good fsj home)
      The 608.9 hybrid dana 44 build

AMC 401 supporter

GO UM Montana Griz

"Dont worry the Coors light engineering department will be documenting this accordingly."

Comment

Working...
      X