International Full Size Jeep Association
Home Forums Reader's Rigs Tech Library Trail Stories FSJ-List
International Full Size Jeep Association  

Go Back   International Full Size Jeep Association > Miscellaneous > Land Use Information

Old 01-29-2009, 08:50 AM
Gear Head

signed it and now sending it to all my friends, because that is ridiculous

Happiness is just a downshift away
2009 Ford Mustang GT-DD/Track Car
2006 Jeep Wrangler-DD/Trail Rig
1999 Jeep Wrangler-Dads Trail Rig
1989 Jeep Comanche-Project Truck
http://www.txfsja.org/forum/
Old 01-29-2009, 03:05 PM
Murphy's Law Poster Child

Signed.

That's just messed up...

Wait a minute, just read their tid bit on snowmobiling. How the heck do these things pollute the enviroment?

'82 J10

Last edited by grand_wag_85 : 01-29-2009 at 03:08 PM.
Old 02-03-2009, 07:40 AM
Master Mechanic

Signed it

Signed it. However, the link in the originally posting didn't work for me, so I did a search at the gopetition site and found this: http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/...rillcraft.html
Seats! 4 inch SKYJACKER suspension lift, 33X12.5 in
BFG Mud Terrain Tires on 15X10 in ProComp Rims.
New BJ's chrome-moly rear axle shafts, 3.73:1 diffs and ARB Air Locker!
Old 02-04-2009, 03:59 PM

signed

wonder how they think of hurting the environment as they consume coffee, eat their meals, talking on cell phones all while "driving" their cars, belching carbon monoxide just like everyone else?????

1982 Cherokee Chief/waggy, chopped 6x6
Bruiser 5 with a FSJ twist

---President----
Busted Knuckle Offraod Club
Old 02-08-2009, 08:21 PM
Grease Monkey

signed ....... i forgot to mention starbucks.....
3) SOLD: 1989 Jeep, Grand Wagoneer "Wagonmaster" 360 ci 727 TF, Np 208, 4" lift.
4) 2001 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4.0L 2wd
pics:www.flickr.com/photos/31358907@N02/sets/72157612509481422/
Old 02-17-2009, 06:45 PM
Bleedin' Gasoline

This is a group of idiots but they have a right to free speech same as everyone else... Because the government listens to special interest groups like this instead of following an overriding set of documented princibles (the constitution anyone?) does NOT mean speech we don't like should be banned at the risk of it influencing our (apparently) childlike leaders. Don't fight fire with fire.

BTW I also think no one pays any attention to online petitions (they only care about petitions where the barrier to entry is a bit higher... ie you have to put in at least a small amount of real work to circulate it and to sign it and mail it back). Also I don't think this group has attracted any mainstream following so while offensive they're are larger more mild sounding groups doing much more harm to public access than this one.
Old 03-15-2009, 09:03 AM
Grease Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by caionneach
Signed it. However, the link in the originally posting didn't work for me, so I did a search at the gopetition site and found this: http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/...rillcraft.html

Thanks for posting the correct link! I signed it and here was my comment.

" The responsible citizens who drive on our Federal Lands are not at fault. As a matter of fact they provide revenue to keep these parks and lands open. Remember this is everyone's land and by providing a place to drive our off road vehicles prevents the destruction of virgin lands if there wasn't a place to go."

I watched about two minutes of the video and saw where it was going. It looks like a combination of some "Left and Right Wingers" who put this together. I would like to ask how many granola bar eating, Prius driving nuts go to our Federal Lands anyway?
Old 03-16-2009, 01:45 PM

Signed! It's like walking accross the grass. If you spread out the path that people use, you may never notice someone has walked on the grass. If you narrow it down to a single path...the grass may never grow back.
Old 08-07-2009, 04:07 AM

Somewhere in the middle

I will not be signing the petition. I know I'm in the minority on this site. I have been hearing about "tread softly" type campaigns for years now, yet seen trail rigs grow monstrous in size and ability. Actions don't seem to follow deeds sometimes.

I applaud those of you who do your part to keep your impact to a minimum and refuse to wheel with those that do not.

Having grown up on jeeps (I learned to drive in a CJ-8) I love the use of public land just as much as the next person. However, to deny that off road vehicles have a substantial impact on an area's ecosystem (yes... especially sand dunes) would be irresponsible.

If we intend to keep our right to use these public lands, we must be harder on those of us that wheel irresponsibly.

That, to me seems more important and more effective than signing a petition.
Old 08-09-2009, 10:24 PM
FSJ Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blindphleb
I will not be signing the petition. I know I'm in the minority on this site. I have been hearing about "tread softly" type campaigns for years now, yet seen trail rigs grow monstrous in size and ability. Actions don't seem to follow deeds sometimes.

I applaud those of you who do your part to keep your impact to a minimum and refuse to wheel with those that do not.

Having grown up on jeeps (I learned to drive in a CJ-8) I love the use of public land just as much as the next person. However, to deny that off road vehicles have a substantial impact on an area's ecosystem (yes... especially sand dunes) would be irresponsible.

If we intend to keep our right to use these public lands, we must be harder on those of us that wheel irresponsibly.

That, to me seems more important and more effective than signing a petition.

The larger and more capable vehicles could be argued to have less of an effect on the environment as they don't have to work as hard to traverse the same terrain. I agree with most of what you said though, we really really REALLY have to be vigilant about policing our own. Idiots that tear up our lands get our trails closed.

That website has been around for years now..
Texas A&M Offroad
Old 08-09-2009, 10:45 PM
FSJ Maniac

Everyone here and most sites know this there are alot knuckleheads that decide the rules for trail use don't apply to them. They take the off routes, climb areas that are not part of the trail, never clean up the ground after breakage, you all have seen the problems the few have caused for the many. Just look at Moab or Glamis Sand Dunes in the last couple of years. This best thing for any of us to do is GET INVOLVED BY REPORTING IT!! Lots of us say to our self, "It's not up to me to tattletale on them, but that is exactly what needs to happen. USFS rangers and local state ranger/BLM Officers just can't be everywhere at all the time. Plus even if one were to report it, they need that same person to go on record that they witnessed!! No officer of the law can take enforcement action unless they witness it. So please, picture is worth a ton in court, and GET INVOLVED BY REPORTING IT!!

I can't stress that enough.
ok I'm done...