We usually do Ophir on the first day coming up Hwy 145. Not sure if we will on Wednesday or not. maybe...
We don't have a clue which ones we will ride, probably firgure it out each morning.
The trails out of Animas Forks are all pretty nice rides:
- California Gulch (almost 13000)
- From CA Gulch, you can go down Poughkeepsie or to Corkscrew out to Hwy 550 (I recommend coming up to Poughkeepsie from the Engineer trail - nice obstacle near the top)
- You can go to Engineer from Animas Forks, but we usually start that trail at Hwy 550 instead and make the first stop at Tom Boy mine and end at Animas Forks.
Then from other points:
- The fee has been dropped for Yankee Boy Basin and Imogene. Doing both is a full day.
- Clear Lake is a nice drive, this is just north of Silverton and breaks off west from Hwy 550.
We would like to do at least one trail we have not done before. Krista didn't do Poughkeepsie last year, so that may be an option. Another full day would be run Engineer and up to Lake City. Isn't Cinnamon along this way? There is also Black Bear...
yeah, I wanna...