• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • babywag
    out of order
    • Jun 08, 2005

Stalled projects hall of shame?

So in typical fashion sooo many projects stall for various reasons.
    Lets hear about them...
    Tony
    88 GW, 67 J3000, 07 Magnum SRT8
  • Ristow
    • Jan 20, 2006

the "J20-eight.0 Mag" is in the weeds right now.....
    Originally posted by Hankrod
    Ristows right.................again,

Originally posted by Fasts79Chief
    ... like the little 'you know what's' that you are.

I LOVE how Ristow has stolen my comment about him ... "Quoted" it ... and made himself famous for being an ***hole to people. Hahahahahahahahahha!

It's like you're unraveling a big cable-knit sweater that someone keeps knitting...and knitting...and knitting...and knitting...

Comment

• fsj454
      Long time member
      • Jan 02, 2015

Trusty Rusty

My 1990 has rust everywhere .... But I can do it
      1982 cherokee nt. 454. nv4500 .205. dana 60 f+r. twin stick.hydroboost.hydrolic clutch.rock ram.traction bar.warn 12000 winch.4 wheel disc.flip kit.soa.high steer.cross over steer.4.56 detroit locker.35 spline rear alloy axles. 37s .1990 grand wagoneer aka trusty rusty

Comment

• letank
        AMC 4 OH! 1
        • Jun 03, 2002

the 74 needs a new A pillar, a body swap would be easier... the convertible probably a lot faster by grafting another type of windshield
        Michel
        74 wag, 349Kmiles on original ticker/trany, except for the rust. Will it make it to the next get together without a rebuilt? Status: needs a new body.
        85 Gwag, 229 Kmiles. $250 FSJ test lab since 02, that refuses to give up but still leaks.

Comment

• ZackN920
          350 Buick
          • Nov 18, 2015

-
          Last edited by ZackN920; 01-29-2021, 05:36 PM.
          1990 Jeep Grand Wagoneer-"Big Jeep"

AMC 360, TF727, NP229, 2.72 gears, 2" lift
          Rancho 44044 springs, Rusty's 2" AAL, TFI w/ MSD C/R
          ...in pieces for more rust repair...

Comment

• Wagoneer Taylor
            258 I6
            • Dec 17, 2018

The '77 Wedding Wagon is in a good spot meaning (runs, drives and gets used on the weekends) but has really stalled. Wife and I are trying to buy a house soon and I currently do not have a garage to work on the rust repair which is the next step for me.
            Some call me Taylor...

1977 Jeep Wagoneer (Wedding Wagon)
            Pewter, Blue Interior, Original 401
            PO swapped in a 360, soon to be a 401 again!
            "Soon" is a relative term.
            Cracked cylinder put a hurt on me + bad connecting rods.

Comment

• Strode
              1st Chair, Cowbell
              • Nov 08, 2011

'54 Ford Panel truck, has pretty much been on the Time/Money Trap Continuum since 1995. It's made the move to 4 houses since then.

On the bright side, at least I never started a thread called the 54 Panel Actual Work Thread, and then proceeded not to work on it.
              Brad
              (*Allowed to post while failed 'I am not a Bot' test results are under appeal)

My build thread: 1982 Cherokee Laredo

Ristow's Bunker

Member, FSJ Prissy Restoration Association

Comment

• babywag
                out of order
                • Jun 08, 2005

Cool truck!

The most annoying one of mine...since ~2004

Tony
                88 GW, 67 J3000, 07 Magnum SRT8

Comment

• rocklaurence

• Jan 14, 2009

My 1980 Chrokee wide track Restomod. We replaced all the rotted metal, painted everything Louden Gree [except the front fenders]. Dash and front seats are re-done, new motor with AX15/NP208, 33x9.5 BFGs. However, its been sitting for 2 years waiting for me to finish it. GRRR! I have the LLC and 3 other projects delaying the completion.

Comment

• Strode
                    1st Chair, Cowbell
                    • Nov 08, 2011

That looks pretty sweet Tony
                    Brad
                    (*Allowed to post while failed 'I am not a Bot' test results are under appeal)

My build thread: 1982 Cherokee Laredo

Ristow's Bunker

Member, FSJ Prissy Restoration Association

Comment

• rang-a-stang
                      Administrator
                      • Oct 31, 2016

Do we still have to have it? I was about halfway through a Falcon build and had to sell it. Had already sandblasted, painted, undercoated the front end, added clutch pedal, new carpet, front suspension was all PST stuff, fat sway bars front/rear, KYBs, gusseted upper and lowers, stiffer/lowering springs, and 11" disc brakes with dual pistons/braided steel lines. That ammo can was the box for the 5.0 EFI computer. The hole where the battery tray was going to by my fresh air box.

I had an Explorer 8.8 with discs and limited slip for the back and a 92 5.0HO ready to go in. I was going to convert to rack and pinion steering but that was $1200 and I did't have it. The wife and I almost divorced over it but I figured I would rather have a happy wife than a nice car so I sold the project. She cried the day it left.

I was sad to see it go but the dude that bought it got it running and it was pretty amazing.

Chuck McTruck 71 J4000
                      (Chuck McTruck Build Thread)
                      (8.1L swap questions - PerformanceTrucks.net Forums​)
                      79 Cherokee Chief (SOLD, goodbye old buddy)
                      (Cherokee Build Thread)
                      11 Nissan Pathfinder Silver Edition 4x4
                      09 Mazdaspeed3 Grand Touring
                      00 Baby Cherokee

Comment

• Kaiserjeeps
                        360 AMC
                        • Oct 02, 2002

Since I need to get out the the shop to keep going on the door panels, I will keep this short.

I am on the fence on selling these. I most likely will. I will never get to them.

1971 J4000, No engine trans transfer, body bed lined which I think is a perfect way to ruin a decent rig. Very good long bed. comes with a 5 lug International Dana 60 with all new brake parts including drums. I hoped to fix it and get it going.
                        1970 J3000 pretty well stripped inside. Has a running buick 350 TH400 and Dana 20 for the truck mentioned above. A dented but nearly rust free long bed. Not worth saving but a donor.
                        1964 CJ-5. I wanted to assemble it. I have everything but it needs floors. I hoped to fix it and get it going.
                        1953 Willys wagon. Totally stock, rebuilt engine that purrs, bought new NOS gauges for it. Complete. I hoped to fix it and get it going.

1970 wagoneer, a regular rusty beater. Bought it to assist with assembling Sadie the million dollar lady in my build thread. It has been priceless for helping stuff get put back on correctly. I hoped to fix it and get it going.

See an unhealthy theme here?

The keepers.

My 1969 X model wagoneer. Lifted, rear quarters cut off, have rust free factory donor ones sitting inside. Rear Dana 60 and a disc front 5 lug Dana 44. Rebuilt engine and it waits in the garage. I know some day I will fix it and get it going.

1983 FJ60 Toyota land cruiser. A veritable tank. Needs some rust repair on one corner from sub standard body work. Runs, drives, stops. Recently developed a cracked exhaust manifold. Thinking about swapping in a chev 350 TH400, and NP205 all sitting near by. This is our take the guests to the fire lookouts rig.

1978 JD 450C bull dozer. Blown head gasket. Waiting years now for a fix. I still use it with a coolant IV hooked up....LOL

1983 Jeep CJ-7. Extremely good condition. Have a poop load of sweet new parts to get put in and on. I am on the fence on if I should sell it.

Numerous mountain bikes for previously mentioned house guests. Flat tires the works.

My little car trailer for hauling my beloved CJ-5 needs a new deck with total paint and a rewire.

I want to finish my 5 foot scratch built RC tug boat. It will pull like a son of a gun.

Why is it I can never do anything half way. This is my down fall for getting things done.

I am sure there is more.
                        Melford1972 says...
                        I’d say I feel sorry for you, but I really don’t, Mr. “I-stumble-into-X-models-the-way-most-people-stumble-into-Toyota-Carollas.” 🤣
                        -----------------------
                        I make wag parts
                        1969 CJ-5 41 years owned
                        1969 1414X Wag in avocado mist
                        1970 1414X Wag in avocado mist
                        1968 M715 restomod
                        2001 Dodge 3500
                        2002 Toyota Tundra
                        2006 Toyota 4runner was Liz's, parked

Building a m715 over at the m715zone
                        Beloved wife Elizabeth Ann Temple Murdered by covid on Oct 19th 2021

Small violin, large amp

Comment

• Ristow
                          • Jan 20, 2006

Originally posted by Strode

On the bright side, at least I never started a thread called the 54 Panel Actual Work Thread, and then proceeded not to work on it.

i really gotta limit posting privileges these non FSJ owning members...
                          Originally posted by Hankrod
                          Ristows right.................again,

... like the little 'you know what's' that you are.

I LOVE how Ristow has stolen my comment about him ... "Quoted" it ... and made himself famous for being an ***hole to people. Hahahahahahahahahha!

It's like you're unraveling a big cable-knit sweater that someone keeps knitting...and knitting...and knitting...and knitting...

Comment

• asphaltrockdweller
                            350 Buick
                            • Jul 09, 2009

Both of my Wagoneers.
                            (Ristow)fram!....that deserves a ratchet upside the head.

Comment

• jeepman1
                              258 I6
                              • Jul 22, 2015

Big red

Owning a {drivable} stepside Honcho has always been a dream of mine...it still is.
                              : 98 9er
                              '83 Honcho j10
                              '12 Liberty Ltd.. wifes
                              '19 Chaparral H2o Dlx sport 21

Comment

Working...
                              X