International Full Size Jeep Association
Home Forums Reader's Rigs Tech Library Trail Stories FSJ-List
International Full Size Jeep Association  

Go Back   International Full Size Jeep Association > Tire Kickin' > General FSJ Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-13-2012, 04:23 PM
18cherokee's Avatar
18cherokee 18cherokee is offline
Master Mechanic
 
Join Date: Jul 21, 2003
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 1,162
!!! J10 - $50k, 2,300 orig. miles, 1 owner...

knock yourselves out

HERE



__________________
Black Cherry 1989 Grand Wagoneer
S&J rebuilt AMC360
IMPCO Propane
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-13-2012, 04:42 PM
svining's Avatar
svining svining is offline
Master Mechanic
 
Join Date: May 16, 2011
Location: Greeneville, TN
Posts: 830
That's Cheap!!

For Aussies and Euro-Volks ....Mine will be done in a few weeks. That's what I'll be wanting...of course...Free Shipping from us Yanks! As always we look out for your best interests! At your service mate.





Quote:
Originally Posted by 18cherokee
knock yourselves out

HERE



__________________
Flashlight
"I started with nothing, I still got most of it left"
1982 GW,Stock, No Emissions Equip.
Mallory HEI, AMC 360, Motorcraft 2150
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-13-2012, 04:47 PM
Heavy_Metal_Thunder_81's Avatar
Heavy_Metal_Thunder_81 Heavy_Metal_Thunder_81 is offline
Cherokee Outlaw
 
Join Date: Jan 10, 2006
Location: Oak Harbor, WA
Posts: 5,783
I wonder how dry rotted the bushings, body mounts, engine/trans gaskets, and weatherstripping is? I could see $50k for a full rebuild/restoration...but man all that old original rubber is going to LEAK/Crumble if you try to put it into service again. Nice truck though but for $50k I'd want all the bushings, weatherstrip, and gaskets replaced too.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ristow
the best advice on the thread.



-Jonny B.
1979 Jeep Cherokee Golden Eagle
AMC360/TH400/D20
5" lift/33x12.5R15



Quote:
Originally Posted by Ristow
I think a 360 runs nicer than a 401.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-13-2012, 05:41 PM
Raliegh Montebello's Avatar
Raliegh Montebello Raliegh Montebello is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 17, 2011
Location: Portland, Oregon
Posts: 132
WagWorld claims to replace all the rubber parts, so ghat should be set. That drivers footwell is a little dirtier than I like.....
__________________
Doug Moak
86 GW
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-13-2012, 06:15 PM
Oakknoll's Avatar
Oakknoll Oakknoll is offline
Grease Monkey
 
Join Date: Feb 18, 2008
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 304
I thought the same thing, for that kind of money you think they would clean that up a little better.
__________________
Peter

1984 J-10
1982 CJ-8
1982 Wagoneer
2007 Commander
2012 Wrangler
1980 Cherokee (for parts)
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-13-2012, 06:19 PM
joe joe is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 28, 2000
Location: PNWet, USA
Posts: 19,956
Interesting that they have insane crackheads in OZ too.
__________________
joe
"I'm lost, but I'm making good time."
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-13-2012, 11:18 PM
the original Honcho's Avatar
the original Honcho the original Honcho is offline
Gear Head
 
Join Date: Mar 14, 2005
Location: Las Cruces, New Mexico
Posts: 616
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe
Interesting that they have insane crackheads in OZ too.

x2
$50k is a lot of money to spend on ANY 34 year old truck, especially for nothing that special. Its just a 1/2 ton long-bed work truck.

How much is this company going to charge for a '91 Grand in 13 years???
__________________
1979 Jeep J-10 Honcho
1991 Jeep Grand Wagoneer
1975 Jeep Wagoneer- The Green Bastard, from Parts
Unknown
1968 Plymouth Satellite
1978 Camaro- back in action
1980 'Vette (CHE-vette that is)-daily driver. still buzzing around and enjoying 40mpg
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 04-14-2012, 12:24 AM
mud89's Avatar
mud89 mud89 is online now
Bleedin' Gasoline
 
Join Date: Nov 18, 2009
Location: France (burgundy)
Posts: 1,504
Very sharp one, but except that and the mileage nothing special
That's the world of those who have too much money and don't know how to spend it Those guys are here to help them
__________________
CJ7 '80, J10 sportside '81, J10 Golden Eagle '77 + parts rigs
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 04-14-2012, 09:22 AM
dan01ster's Avatar
dan01ster dan01ster is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 21, 2012
Location: Elora, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 155
Sure would be nice to own, but at 50G...way over priced.

Also, I don't have a warm fuzzy feeling about the claim that it is all original. Upon close examination, if I were a betting guy, I'd say the Jeep has had a complete paint job on the outside. There are too many things not right. The paint also looks to me like it has a 'clear coat'...way too shiny for a factory job even in the day. Under the hood, there are a couple items with paint on them which shouldn't have ie hood latch front left spring.

More telling is the fact that the decals/emblems are not right.
The "Levi" decal is situated to low (below the body crease) and the J10 and "Four wheel drive" placques are in reversed order. The chrome trim is not listed on any p/u's after '73, looks like a left over from the Kaiser J3/4000 days. By '78 Jeep had reverted to almost exclusive use of tapes and vinyl moldings, except for some chrome on some waggies. (my brother added that same chrome strip to his '81 J truck...came off a J4000...looks nice, but late 4000's had deleted the box portion of the strip)...soooo.

I also find it difficult to reconcile the lack of carpet in a Levi interior'd truck. The Levi carpet on a CJ (80/90) was an option even if you ordered the Levi seats, but I'm not sure that was the case for J trucks or Cherokees. I can't find any records show a vinyl floor with upgraded Levi seat in a 'J'.

The box has new washers on the hold down bolts near spare tire, which is ok IF they replaced all the body mount rubbers ( or maybe the box was off during a 'repaint').

Addtionally, it has J10 'Laredo' wheels on it. These were not available even as an option on other trucks.

We could all probably pick out a repaint if we had the advantage of a personal viewing up close....but.....

None the less, it is very nice indeed.
__________________
'82 J20, 360,TF727, NP 208, Holly Projection.'74 paint scheme
'67 Jeepster 8701,true convertible,TH400,pwr top,
Buick 225.
'91 XJ, 4.0L,auto,Ramsey 8000,GC upcountry susp

Last edited by dan01ster : 04-14-2012 at 09:33 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 04-14-2012, 11:30 AM
TigertownJim TigertownJim is offline
New Member
 
Join Date: Feb 05, 2012
Location: Republic, WA
Posts: 5
Wow, makes the $16k J10 I saw on Spokane Craigslist look like a real bargain!
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 04-14-2012, 11:49 AM
Tin Medic's Avatar
Tin Medic Tin Medic is offline
Loose (lug)Nut(s)
 
Join Date: Mar 21, 2011
Location: Ft Carson, CO
Posts: 705
It's rust free according to the add, so explain the surface rust on the bumper. Also, after 2300 miles I would expect some scratches and dings on the undercarriage but the paint looks perfect.
__________________
Sons Waggy - 89 GW 360/727/208, 30x9.5x15 Destination M/Ts, Warn Lock Out Hubs, Razor Grill
Tramp - 85 CJ-7 Renegade FI 258/T5/D300, D30 w/ARB Air Locker, AMC 20 w/Posi Unit, 33x12.5x15 Goodyear MT-R's, Hella E-Code lights, VIAIR OBA System, Warn 8000lb Winch

Last edited by Tin Medic : 04-14-2012 at 11:58 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 04-14-2012, 01:32 PM
Ghinmi's Avatar
Ghinmi Ghinmi is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Jul 02, 2004
Location: Middleville, Michigan
Posts: 1,699
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan01ster
More telling is the fact that the decals/emblems are not right.
The "Levi" decal is situated to low (below the body crease) and the J10 and "Four wheel drive" placques are in reversed order. The chrome trim is not listed on any p/u's after '73, looks like a left over from the Kaiser J3/4000 days. By '78 Jeep had reverted to almost exclusive use of tapes and vinyl moldings, except for some chrome on some waggies. (my brother added that same chrome strip to his '81 J truck...came off a J4000...looks nice, but late 4000's had deleted the box portion of the strip)...soooo.

The chrome trim is correct for that vintage of truck. It was used until at least 1979. The J10 and "Four wheel drive" badges are also in the correct place for a truck with this style chrome trim. Wheels are correct too. I do not have any personal experience with the "Levi" badges but several places on the internet show them in the same place on original trucks. Here is a shot of my old 1979 J10.

__________________
1976 Wagoneer - Ran 11s, RIP

1977 Wagoneer - The replacement. Turbocharged 407" AMC
http://fsjnetwork.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=3214

1983 Cherokee WT - IFS, trailing arm rear, full cage, HLR 454" AMC
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 04-14-2012, 01:36 PM
mud89's Avatar
mud89 mud89 is online now
Bleedin' Gasoline
 
Join Date: Nov 18, 2009
Location: France (burgundy)
Posts: 1,504
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan01ster
Sure would be nice to own, but at 50G...way over priced.

Also, I don't have a warm fuzzy feeling about the claim that it is all original. Upon close examination, if I were a betting guy, I'd say the Jeep has had a complete paint job on the outside. There are too many things not right. The paint also looks to me like it has a 'clear coat'...way too shiny for a factory job even in the day. Under the hood, there are a couple items with paint on them which shouldn't have ie hood latch front left spring.

More telling is the fact that the decals/emblems are not right.
The "Levi" decal is situated to low (below the body crease) and the J10 and "Four wheel drive" placques are in reversed order. The chrome trim is not listed on any p/u's after '73, looks like a left over from the Kaiser J3/4000 days. By '78 Jeep had reverted to almost exclusive use of tapes and vinyl moldings, except for some chrome on some waggies. (my brother added that same chrome strip to his '81 J truck...came off a J4000...looks nice, but late 4000's had deleted the box portion of the strip)...soooo.

I also find it difficult to reconcile the lack of carpet in a Levi interior'd truck. The Levi carpet on a CJ (80/90) was an option even if you ordered the Levi seats, but I'm not sure that was the case for J trucks or Cherokees. I can't find any records show a vinyl floor with upgraded Levi seat in a 'J'.

The box has new washers on the hold down bolts near spare tire, which is ok IF they replaced all the body mount rubbers ( or maybe the box was off during a 'repaint').

Addtionally, it has J10 'Laredo' wheels on it. These were not available even as an option on other trucks.

We could all probably pick out a repaint if we had the advantage of a personal viewing up close....but.....

None the less, it is very nice indeed.

Interesting
Didn't know for the Levi decal and the rims
Looks like a J10 with the chrome moldings of the custom package to me ?
edited :maybe the custom was not very successfull for these years and so was pretty rare, since you had the better looking packages : honcho, golden eagle,..which didn't exist at the J4000 time
__________________
CJ7 '80, J10 sportside '81, J10 Golden Eagle '77 + parts rigs

Last edited by mud89 : 04-14-2012 at 02:05 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 04-15-2012, 03:03 PM
Coryd55's Avatar
Coryd55 Coryd55 is offline
Master Mechanic
 
Join Date: Jan 23, 2010
Location: Columbus, GA/Auburn, AL
Posts: 1,117
No thanks. Not worth 50k....ever.
__________________
1976 Cherokee Chief Build - Update 7/3/2014

Chief for sale - contact via PM if interested.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 04-15-2012, 06:36 PM
86gwrhino's Avatar
86gwrhino 86gwrhino is offline
Gear Head
 
Join Date: Sep 28, 2010
Location: north little rock
Posts: 505
For 50k i could drive to the chevy dealer and pick up a nice camaro zl1, so i dont think anyones going to pay that much for a old jeep truck.
__________________
'86 Grand Wagoneer
Chevy 350 TBI
Rhino grill
rusty's 4in all spring lift

'67 (i think) M715 all stock w/pto
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 04-15-2012, 10:43 PM
COLOFIREMAN's Avatar
COLOFIREMAN COLOFIREMAN is offline
FSJ Maniac
 
Join Date: Apr 09, 2005
Location: Mountains of Colorado
Posts: 2,566
"This Jeep even arrived at our shop with the original tires from the factory"..... ....is anyone seeing what I am in this picture?



and I guess they really did come from the factory with a oil leak from the pan?....look closely...



With that kind of mileage on it I would say it had the OE oil in it...if it didn't leaK it all out by now.....

Last edited by COLOFIREMAN : 04-15-2012 at 10:51 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 04-16-2012, 03:22 AM
18cherokee's Avatar
18cherokee 18cherokee is offline
Master Mechanic
 
Join Date: Jul 21, 2003
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 1,162
Quote:
Originally Posted by COLOFIREMAN
"This Jeep even arrived at our shop with the original tires from the factory"..... ....is anyone seeing what I am in this picture?


i would love to know which brands make an off road / semi off road wsw tyre like that...
__________________
Black Cherry 1989 Grand Wagoneer
S&J rebuilt AMC360
IMPCO Propane
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 04-16-2012, 06:53 AM
dan01ster's Avatar
dan01ster dan01ster is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 21, 2012
Location: Elora, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 155
The spare tire is a Goodyear Suburbanite XG....likely an H78 x 15.
__________________
'82 J20, 360,TF727, NP 208, Holly Projection.'74 paint scheme
'67 Jeepster 8701,true convertible,TH400,pwr top,
Buick 225.
'91 XJ, 4.0L,auto,Ramsey 8000,GC upcountry susp
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 04-16-2012, 10:13 AM
badaboom's Avatar
badaboom badaboom is offline
FSJ Maniac
 
Join Date: Jun 05, 2001
Location: High Country Colorado, USA
Posts: 3,618
The most expensive truck I've seen didn't sell @ over 50K out of Morocco(Stand Corrected By the Frenchman) Monaco, I believe France - Ebay. I think it was one of Stepside Dans rigs. I don't remember the coin transition france to us or maybe was just US Dollars. It also was not a All original rig, 82 honcho stepside red etc - 401 4.56 gears 35" tires a few things but the rigs integity body wise etc was pretty much to factory original specs.

This rig looks a little hodge podge as noted by a few the original color for 1978
that is close to what this rig is Quicksilver Metallic, this rig really appears grey.

But again its all primarily about ownership and paperwork - Documentation.
Definately a bit pricey. Mileage and so fourth.

Other units over 13 years or so:
1969 original gladiator 19 K with factory winch and kit I've seen sell for $29500.00 this was about 10 years ago. Original paint 98% and primarily garaged stored
The last grand wag from a Museum in Las vegas for like 32-35K

There are others at the highend that have come out of the grandwagoneers' stables - I'm Sure, but most probably there highend in probably 30-36 K range
__________________
1981 Jeep J10 Laredo, 401-V8, 625 Carter Comp Series, Lunati Cam 262/268, Edelbrock Performer, MSD Ignition, Flow Cooler, Be Cool Aluminum Radiator, Doug Thorley, NV4500 5-Spd, NP-231D, 3.73 F/R Trac-Locs, Rustys 4" Lift, Vintage Red Metallic, Black Interior and 33X10.50X15 BFG, EXTREME MAKEOVER - IN PROCESS Bling Bling Cha-Ching

Last edited by badaboom : 04-16-2012 at 12:27 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 04-16-2012, 11:15 AM
mud89's Avatar
mud89 mud89 is online now
Bleedin' Gasoline
 
Join Date: Nov 18, 2009
Location: France (burgundy)
Posts: 1,504
I think you meant Monaco , a tiny French speaking state, just near but not in France. There are very wealthy people in Monaco because of taxes exemption.
As far as i know the highest prices in Europe for FSJs are in Italy , Holland/nederland and indeed in Monaco.
__________________
CJ7 '80, J10 sportside '81, J10 Golden Eagle '77 + parts rigs
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
NEW J10 OWNER 87 j10 General FSJ Discussion 7 03-23-2009 10:35 AM
and that's the J10 I got from the same owner as the Chief... sportsidedan General FSJ Discussion 14 10-27-2008 04:22 PM
I drove my new J10 for 50 miles (long post) The PIG Smith General FSJ Discussion 46 04-17-2008 12:00 PM
New j10 owner DoubleD General FSJ Tech 38 01-24-2007 11:24 AM
looking at good condition '83 Wag Ltd. w/ hi miles DanHS General FSJ Tech 8 09-03-2004 09:56 AM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:21 AM.


Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
corner corner