International Full Size Jeep Association
Home Forums Reader's Rigs Tech Library Trail Stories FSJ-List
International Full Size Jeep Association  

Go Back   International Full Size Jeep Association > Tire Kickin' > General FSJ Discussion

Old 11-12-2009, 06:22 AM
Grease Monkey

Problems with teamgrandwagoneer.com?

Hi,

I just ordered an 106 amp alternator and ignition coil from teamgrandwagoneer.com. The charge has gone through my credit card, I received the e-mail confirming my order but no shipping information. I e-mailed asking when it would ship and no response. I logged onto my shopping history and it says my order is back ordered but their website still shows the parts as available.

Has anyone every ordered from them before? Any issues?

Is it just my overly developed sense of honor, but shouldn't they wait until the part is available before they charge ones credit card? Most reputable businesses don't charge for backordered items.

Am I jumping the gun with them with my concern?
Old 11-12-2009, 06:32 AM
Rabble Rouser

There's been a handful of complaints about them the past 2 years. Did you try calling them? They tend to mix up FSJ and XJ stuff so be clear what you ordered and what for.
Hunter S. Thompson .

Old 11-12-2009, 06:40 AM
Master Mechanic

Not a problem...

I have order some stuff from them before with any kind of problems. Sorry this is happening. I'll be sure to watch out ordering with them through the internet from now on and be sure and call in my orders.
Rhino Grill
BFGoodrich MT T/A KM2 33X10.5. R15
Offenhauser Dual Port 360 Intake
Holley 600cfm

If are not living on the Edge you are taking up to much room.
##########
'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3172261
Old 11-12-2009, 08:05 AM
Grease Monkey

Well I called teamgrandwagoneers.com and they confirmed that it was on back order but should be arriving today and shipping tomorrow. I'm a little put out that didn't list it as on backorder on their site. I had hoped to work on the Grand Wagoneer this weekend. Now I have to wait 2 more weeks. It's my son's car and he will be with the ex next weekend.
Old 11-12-2009, 08:10 AM

I've bought a few different things from them with no issues. I agree though you should have had some way of knowing it was on backorder.
Old 11-12-2009, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CommanderChaos
Hi,

Is it just my overly developed sense of honor, but shouldn't they wait until the part is available before they charge ones credit card? Most reputable businesses don't charge for backordered items.

Yes, no one should charge your credit card until the day of shipment. We don't, and I know that BJ's doesn't either, neither should any reputable seller. About the only case where that would not be true is a deposit on an item.

-Tom
Old 11-12-2009, 09:12 AM
Señor Jackhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellCreek
Yes, no one should charge your credit card until the day of shipment. We don't, and I know that BJ's doesn't either, neither should any reputable seller. About the only case where that would not be true is a deposit on an item.

-Tom
Good point Tom. This is that Saul guy right? Maybe I am thinking of another vendor but doesn't he use some customer moneys to round up used parts to recondition them and sell? I always thought that was a goofy way to do business. Maybe I am wrong but that is how I remember this guy.
Old 11-12-2009, 09:36 AM
Master Mechanic

Quote:
Originally Posted by fulsizjeep
Good point Tom. This is that Saul guy right? Maybe I am thinking of another vendor but doesn't he use some customer moneys to round up used parts to recondition them and sell? I always thought that was a goofy way to do business. Maybe I am wrong but that is how I remember this guy.
I think the Saul you're thinking about is with grandwagoneers.com? Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong.

Old 11-12-2009, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaveHunter
I think the Saul you're thinking about is with grandwagoneers.com? Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong.

You're correct. I have ordered several items from teamgrand in the past and have not had any issues. Saul is not at teamgrand but is with grandwagoneers.com in PA if I remember correctly.
Old 11-12-2009, 09:52 AM
Señor Jackhead

thanks - sorry for any confusion
I have not done business with teamgrandwagoneer.com and have nothing else to add...
Old 11-12-2009, 03:39 PM

I have bought a windshield gasket off of their ebay store. Things went well.
Old 11-13-2009, 02:38 AM

I am a big fan of BJ's Offroad. Great bunch of people there. They treat their customers like family and are willing to team up with you to help you out. Good quality parts too.
Old 11-13-2009, 10:26 AM
Master Mechanic

I have ordered small items from www.teamgrandwagoneer.com in the past. I called and place the order and everything went well with quick shipping. Just a parts "girl" you speak to...not anyone who can answer questions about a part or how to install the part when I called.

To their credit they have a large volume of NOS parts from things like odd alternator brackets to transfer case chains for the 229.

I also like that they show a picture of nearly every part that they sell.

A good source and option for many of the small maintenance items that local parts stores don't have available or the odd part that BJs wouldn't carry.

Note, they are located in Wisconsin.

Bob
Old 11-13-2009, 08:45 PM
Bleedin' Gasoline

I try not to use them if I can avoid it. I have never gotten a complete order and have gotten stuff I haven't ordered, like for vehicles other than an FSJ. On the last go around, after sending back stuff and several phone calls I get an extra new starter sent to me. i decided to quit while I was ahead. They do have nice things you may not be able to find elsewhere.