• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • twojeeps
    232 I6
    • Dec 06, 2005

Your thoughts would be appreciated

Thinking about getting back into the FSJ world as I have messing with Comanche's for a couple of years since I sold my GW.

I am looking at an 88 GW that has less than 100K. Everything seems to work except the AC. I drove it yesterday, it seemed to have plenty of power and shift smooth, however the alignment was a little off. My biggest concern is that it does have some rust coming from under the rear window gaskets, a spot above the drip edge on the roof and a spot under the wood trim on the driver qtr.

I should be able to get it for around $1500...... your thoughts PLEASE!

Thanks in advance - Matt
  • billyrb
    BJ's Off-Road
    • Aug 15, 2001

you can find a nice one w/o rust for that price. Unless you are making a trail rig that you are going to beat on / cut up, I'd stay away from rust. Now, if you ARE going to build a trail rig and will beat on it, then buy it and have fun
    BJ's Off-Road
    [email protected]
    Your source for '63-'91 FSJ Parts

Comment

• twojeeps
      232 I6
      • Dec 06, 2005

Thanks for the reply! I am really on the fence, don't necessairly want a trail rig, and rust could be a pain. Here is a pic..... and a copy of the ad..... The following has been repaired or replaced. Carburetor, brakes, upper and lower ball joints, fuel pump, engine module, battery and transmission flushed. The jeep runs like new and has less than 100k miles.

Comment

• billyrb
        BJ's Off-Road
        • Aug 15, 2001

sure looks like a beauty....
        BJ's Off-Road
        [email protected]
        Your source for '63-'91 FSJ Parts

Comment

• vintagetrks
          304 AMC
          • May 01, 2009

She looks very nice. However I tend to agree with Billyrb. If you want to build a trail rig then go for it otherwise rust will be an ongoing issue for the length of time you own the vehicle as you will find more rust that is not visible on first inspection.
          New Full Size Jeep Nut

I'm just a washed up old has been, Army guy.
          My opinions are outdated... After all, what have I done lately? I used to be somebody "A SOLDIER!"

04 Jeep Wrangler "Lil Ninja" 32's 2in lift swaybar disconnects
          90 Grand Wagoneer "Big Mama"

Comment

Working...
          X