International Full Size Jeep Association
Home Forums Reader's Rigs Tech Library Trail Stories FSJ-List
International Full Size Jeep Association  

Go Back   International Full Size Jeep Association > Tire Kickin' > General FSJ Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09-06-2009, 07:49 PM
fivepack's Avatar
fivepack fivepack is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 17, 2007
Location: Wylie Texas
Posts: 183
Finally got to wheel the Pearl (pics)

http://s235.photobucket.com/albums/e...0Texas%202009/

Barnwell Mountain (BMRA) Gilmer Texas 9/6/2009

She did us proud.
__________________
1982 J10
4.0 HO, FI from 1993 XJ
TF 727, NP 208
Hydro-boost
Flex-a-Lite Electric Fan
Dana 44 front 3.73
GM 9.5" rear 3.73
BJs 2 inch lift
33x10.50 BFG MT

Last edited by fivepack : 09-06-2009 at 08:30 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-06-2009, 10:50 PM
grand_wag_85's Avatar
grand_wag_85 grand_wag_85 is offline
Murphy's Law Poster Child
 
Join Date: Dec 03, 2003
Posts: 10,666
That is one sweet looking j truck!
__________________
You know it's bad when your car's on the EPA's 10 most wanted list!

'82 J10

Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-07-2009, 12:13 AM
jeepskater433's Avatar
jeepskater433 jeepskater433 is offline
Gear Head
 
Join Date: Jan 26, 2009
Location: Katy, TX
Posts: 675
thats awesome, how was it, how are the trails rated? a few friends and i were going to make a trip up there this past summer, but it was never planned and its not a short trip from houston, might make the trip for a weekend, no full-size jeeps though, jus baby jeeps
__________________
CURRENTLY FSJLESS

Happiness is just a downshift away
2009 Ford Mustang GT-DD/Track Car
2006 Jeep Wrangler-DD/Trail Rig
1999 Jeep Wrangler-Dads Trail Rig
1989 Jeep Comanche-Project Truck
http://www.txfsja.org/forum/
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-07-2009, 05:10 AM
fivepack's Avatar
fivepack fivepack is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 17, 2007
Location: Wylie Texas
Posts: 183
Quote:
Originally Posted by grand_wag_85
That is one sweet looking j truck!

Thanks. Just remember, to never take a picture closer than 10 feet from any J truck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepskater433
thats awesome, how was it, how are the trails rated? a few friends and i were going to make a trip up there this past summer, but it was never planned and its not a short trip from houston, might make the trip for a weekend, no full-size jeeps though, jus baby jeeps

It's well worth the trip from Houston. We did mostly 3 diamond trails and some were a little squirly. The front locker was a lifesaver on one of the trails named Twister. Sorry I don't remember all the names of the trails. Any thing there over a three and you will need a front locker for sure. But the other side is, there are lots of easy trails that don't require a locker.
__________________
1982 J10
4.0 HO, FI from 1993 XJ
TF 727, NP 208
Hydro-boost
Flex-a-Lite Electric Fan
Dana 44 front 3.73
GM 9.5" rear 3.73
BJs 2 inch lift
33x10.50 BFG MT

Last edited by fivepack : 09-07-2009 at 05:14 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-07-2009, 08:09 AM
Artisan's Avatar
Artisan Artisan is offline
Gear Head
 
Join Date: Dec 17, 2008
Location: MONROVIA, CA
Posts: 587
Some day I will be back in the saddle. For now my wallet keeps me from finishing the project imediatly but I just passed some major hurdles so soon...
Great pics! Love the death defying, steering wheel death-gripped, grand canyon hugging, high speed pass pic! I want to see whats in dat hole now! HA! The pic of ya'll at the campground, what's with the expression on that gals face looking at you take the pic? Ummm, were you wearing a unbuttoned trench coat and using two hands to take the picture?
I see you spoke of a front locker. Do you suppose the fuel tank mounted at the very rear and low would have helped a bit? Thanx fo rthe pics....
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-08-2009, 12:06 AM
fivepack's Avatar
fivepack fivepack is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 17, 2007
Location: Wylie Texas
Posts: 183
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artisan
Some day I will be back in the saddle. For now my wallet keeps me from finishing the project imediatly but I just passed some major hurdles so soon...
Great pics! Love the death defying, steering wheel death-gripped, grand canyon hugging, high speed pass pic! I want to see whats in dat hole now! HA! The pic of ya'll at the campground, what's with the expression on that gals face looking at you take the pic? Ummm, were you wearing a unbuttoned trench coat and using two hands to take the picture?
I see you spoke of a front locker. Do you suppose the fuel tank mounted at the very rear and low would have helped a bit? Thanx fo rthe pics....

The "grand canyon" is about 18' and has been washed out over the years. Barnwell Mountain is mostly clay and ironite which makes for interesting wheeling when wet.

I doubt moving the fuel tank would help much. The bed is 5/16 steel diamod plate and weighs about as much as a stock bed. I just took out the stock tank a couple months ago to clear space under the frame.

As far as "the expression on that gal's face", I'd have to say it was looking at my 10 year old taking the pics. I'm the fat boy in the IFSJA shirt.
__________________
1982 J10
4.0 HO, FI from 1993 XJ
TF 727, NP 208
Hydro-boost
Flex-a-Lite Electric Fan
Dana 44 front 3.73
GM 9.5" rear 3.73
BJs 2 inch lift
33x10.50 BFG MT
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-08-2009, 12:21 AM
wickedwagon767's Avatar
wickedwagon767 wickedwagon767 is offline
Bleedin' Gasoline
 
Join Date: Dec 26, 2005
Location: DFW
Posts: 1,932
Quote:
Originally Posted by fivepack
Thanks. Just remember, to never take a picture closer than 10 feet from any J truck.

Naw, I saw your J-10 at Truckfest. A fine specimen

I like the 6-lug 14BSF rear axle you slung under there to replace the stock D44/20 rear
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 09-08-2009, 12:46 AM
jeepskater433's Avatar
jeepskater433 jeepskater433 is offline
Gear Head
 
Join Date: Jan 26, 2009
Location: Katy, TX
Posts: 675
Quote:
Originally Posted by fivepack
It's well worth the trip from Houston. We did mostly 3 diamond trails and some were a little squirly. The front locker was a lifesaver on one of the trails named Twister. Sorry I don't remember all the names of the trails. Any thing there over a three and you will need a front locker for sure. But the other side is, there are lots of easy trails that don't require a locker.

Cool, maybe i can talk my friends into a weekend trip up there, non of use have lockers....yet, except for a rubicon, but hell be runnin around with us, so well probably stay on the moderate trails, we just need to be sure that we can drive back without any damage, since theyre our daily drivers
__________________
CURRENTLY FSJLESS

Happiness is just a downshift away
2009 Ford Mustang GT-DD/Track Car
2006 Jeep Wrangler-DD/Trail Rig
1999 Jeep Wrangler-Dads Trail Rig
1989 Jeep Comanche-Project Truck
http://www.txfsja.org/forum/
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 09-08-2009, 07:15 AM
fivepack's Avatar
fivepack fivepack is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 17, 2007
Location: Wylie Texas
Posts: 183
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepskater433
Cool, maybe i can talk my friends into a weekend trip up there, non of use have lockers....yet, except for a rubicon, but hell be runnin around with us, so well probably stay on the moderate trails, we just need to be sure that we can drive back without any damage, since theyre our daily drivers

Let me know if you plan a trip. there are several IFSJA members around here and we need a run.
__________________
1982 J10
4.0 HO, FI from 1993 XJ
TF 727, NP 208
Hydro-boost
Flex-a-Lite Electric Fan
Dana 44 front 3.73
GM 9.5" rear 3.73
BJs 2 inch lift
33x10.50 BFG MT
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 09-08-2009, 10:44 AM
jeepskater433's Avatar
jeepskater433 jeepskater433 is offline
Gear Head
 
Join Date: Jan 26, 2009
Location: Katy, TX
Posts: 675
Quote:
Originally Posted by fivepack
Let me know if you plan a trip. there are several IFSJA members around here and we need a run.

will do man, only thing is there wont be any fsjs coming with me, all baby jeeps, unless i get a fsj thats wheelable before i plan the trip then ill take it rather than my tj
__________________
CURRENTLY FSJLESS

Happiness is just a downshift away
2009 Ford Mustang GT-DD/Track Car
2006 Jeep Wrangler-DD/Trail Rig
1999 Jeep Wrangler-Dads Trail Rig
1989 Jeep Comanche-Project Truck
http://www.txfsja.org/forum/
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:24 AM.


Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
corner corner