• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • EKWagoneer
    232 I6
    • Jun 01, 2016

2019 Wagoneer?

Looking like there may actually be a Wag in the future for Jeep... and a pickup, too. Now, will there be Hellcat power...that is the question
    Link: http://www.fourwheeler.com/news/1610...ht-signatures/
    1973 Wagoneer- nearly stock, work in progress
    1/2 1975 Wagoneer- rolling chassis, D44's 6" lift, 35's, work in progress
    1992 Chevy Suburban 1500 Silverado, mostly stock, 396,000 miles and counting

I'm a secondhand vegetarian- cows eat grass, I eat cows.

Have A Nice Day!
  • deckroid
    232 I6
    • Oct 05, 2016

I am sorry to say this, honestly, but I think they will all look like swoopy minivan/crossover SUV things that all manufacturers are heading towards. And I get it, I do... more air moving AROUND the vehicle instead of a Brick moving through the air.

But there has to be said something about style. If I took the emblems off any 4 cars of the same class, most people would be hard pressed to say which is a Jeep, Ford, Chevy, Honda or Toyota. And this is coming from someone who has a 2007 Ford Edge, which looks alot like the new Jeep Cherokee which looks alot like the new Honda CRV which looks alot like...

Anyway, I am glad Jeep is moving forward, but I would like them to look back every so often.

Comment

• FSJunkie
      The Nigel Tufnel of the FSJ world.
      • Jan 09, 2011

It's exactly what we knew it would be: a Dodge Durango with a Jeep front clip bolted on. Ground clearance looks dismal and it's far too large. That thing is gargantuan for no reason, and it's not like the Grand Cherokee is small, either. Ever park one of our Wagoneers next to one of the new Grand Cherokees and see how small a Wagoneer looks?

Sad, but not disappointing. To be disappointed you must have high expectations to begin with, and I never had high expectations for this.

Jeep has been teasing the public with the idea of a Wagoneer for almost a decade now and they keep slipping back the promised release date. Given all this time, this is all they have to show for it? Take a Durango, tack a Jeep grille on it, load it up with stupid electronic gimmickry, and sell it to people with more money than sense. I'm sure it'll be a smash hit. People are into crap like that now.

This is why I have prepared to drive my old cars for the rest of my life...
      '72 Jeep Wagoneer Custom, 360 V8

I love how arguements end as soon as Ristow comments. Ristow is right...again.

Comment

• itselliot
        350 Buick
        • Aug 28, 2010

Originally posted by deckroid
        I am sorry to say this, honestly, but I think they will all look like swoopy minivan/crossover SUV things that all manufacturers are heading towards. And I get it, I do... more air moving AROUND the vehicle instead of a Brick moving through the air.

But there has to be said something about style. If I took the emblems off any 4 cars of the same class, most people would be hard pressed to say which is a Jeep, Ford, Chevy, Honda or Toyota. And this is coming from someone who has a 2007 Ford Edge, which looks alot like the new Jeep Cherokee which looks alot like the new Honda CRV which looks alot like...

Anyway, I am glad Jeep is moving forward, but I would like them to look back every so often.

I am with you!
        If the PM's are full,...try e mail!
        [email protected]
        616 four 03 44 0 five
        '78 J-20 401 Q/T not quite stock anymore....Frame off Resto Mod..Super Cab nearing completion. SOMEDAY
        "90 GW 360/727/229/3:31s 2" lift (SOLD in 2015)
        '78 CJ7 Built from Scratch over a 7 year span.

Comment

• Nikkormat
          232 I6
          • Jan 03, 2015

At least we have the renegade! Which I can attest to being a real Jeep. I've been crawling all over them for the past two days. They're impressive little machines. Did you know that 2.4 Multiair has forged rods and a forged crank? Maintenance free chain driven timing? Super skookum girdled cylinder liners? And that the trans axle is the same one used in the Cherokee which is much bigger and heavier? In the words of my favorite conventional poet... That little thing is Skookum as frig! All of the engine bay components spear to be easily serviceable in the 2.4, the turbo engine looks like it would be harder to work on. Electronically they are beautiful, stuffed full of parts from Bosch, Valeo, Hella relays, NO MORE PROPRIETARY MOPAR GARBAGE! Electronically on par in every way with my mother's Q7 and everything else German and high end I've given a good poking.

I have done my fair share of jabbing at electronic side of the 2017 wranglers, they are nothing impressive. MOPAR labels on Expletive Deleted!Expletive Deleted!Expletive Deleted!Expletive Deleted! near every component. And MADE IN CHINA is proudly emblazoned across the tops of the relays in the fuse box. Plastic weather pack connectors a quarter inch away from the un heat shielded catalyst with no protection for the connector. Mark my words, that will be a problem area! The radio in the upper trim wranglers is still garbage as well.

The Cherokee is just as electronically sound as the renegade. Haven't really dug into the mechanicals yet.

I haven't begun scrutinizeing the Grand Cherokee yet, but I have researched the transmissions and trans axles. It's mostly Borg Warner sourced parts in the "transfer case" with the best center differential, a true Torsen differential! The very same that Audi used to use before they became mechanically incontinent and that Toyota has been perfecting in the new Land cruisers. Anyone who's driven an older Audi in the snow can attest to the amazing performance of a Torsen differential.

After seeing everything I have the past weekend roaming around the lot at the Jeep dealer where I now work, I am very hopeful that even though it won't look like a Grand Wagoneer, it will do justice to the name.

Comment

• Bill J
            232 I6
            • May 25, 2005

From what I've read, it is supposed to go up against the Range Rover...
            1989 Grand Wagoneer, Sold
            1997 Wrangler TJ
            2004 Honda Accord
            2012 Honda Odyssey

?This car is a squadron of nuts and bolts flying together in loose formation.? - Colin Beer

www.colinmichaelfund.org

Comment

• coloradoluke
              230 Tornado
              • Jul 24, 2016

Skookum as frig? Are you Canadian?

Originally posted by Nikkormat
              At least we have the renegade! Which I can attest to being a real Jeep. I've been crawling all over them for the past two days. They're impressive little machines. Did you know that 2.4 Multiair has forged rods and a forged crank? Maintenance free chain driven timing? Super skookum girdled cylinder liners? And that the trans axle is the same one used in the Cherokee which is much bigger and heavier? In the words of my favorite conventional poet... That little thing is Skookum as frig! All of the engine bay components spear to be easily serviceable in the 2.4, the turbo engine looks like it would be harder to work on. Electronically they are beautiful, stuffed full of parts from Bosch, Valeo, Hella relays, NO MORE PROPRIETARY MOPAR GARBAGE! Electronically on par in every way with my mother's Q7 and everything else German and high end I've given a good poking.

I have done my fair share of jabbing at electronic side of the 2017 wranglers, they are nothing impressive. MOPAR labels on Expletive Deleted!Expletive Deleted!Expletive Deleted!Expletive Deleted! near every component. And MADE IN CHINA is proudly emblazoned across the tops of the relays in the fuse box. Plastic weather pack connectors a quarter inch away from the un heat shielded catalyst with no protection for the connector. Mark my words, that will be a problem area! The radio in the upper trim wranglers is still garbage as well.

The Cherokee is just as electronically sound as the renegade. Haven't really dug into the mechanicals yet.

I haven't begun scrutinizeing the Grand Cherokee yet, but I have researched the transmissions and trans axles. It's mostly Borg Warner sourced parts in the "transfer case" with the best center differential, a true Torsen differential! The very same that Audi used to use before they became mechanically incontinent and that Toyota has been perfecting in the new Land cruisers. Anyone who's driven an older Audi in the snow can attest to the amazing performance of a Torsen differential.

After seeing everything I have the past weekend roaming around the lot at the Jeep dealer where I now work, I am very hopeful that even though it won't look like a Grand Wagoneer, it will do justice to the name.

Comment

• 79jeep360
                232 I6
                • Oct 08, 2014

I am definitely not a fan of the new suvs/crossovers but there's a reason everyone likes them so much, I just hope they don't put a wagoneer badge on one of those mommy cars hahah, here is my mommy car but at least it's got some grunt to it!!

Last edited by 79jeep360; 10-29-2016, 06:24 PM.
                1979 Cherokee 4 door 360 4 barrel intake and carb
                3in rough country lift 33x12.50r15 tires
                Transmission- Warner T-15A 3-sp
                Transfer Case- Spicer 20
                Axles- Dana 44 3.54 gears F&R

1973 cj5 d30 front d44 rear 3.73 gears
                232 inline 6
                Transmission- Warner T-15A 3-sp
                Transfer Case- Spicer 20

Comment

• crispyboy
                  304 AMC
                  • May 14, 2002

^^I would own that SRT Grand Cherokee in a heartbeat^^.
                  Our mommy car is a 2002 GC with the High Output 4.7. It moves along nicely for what it is. My only complaint is the high cost of changing the driveline fluids with the necessary proprietary fluids.

I think it's great that they may bring back the Grand Wagoneer name, I just hope it's well thought out to pay respect to the older rigs. I also hope it is available with both the diesel motor or Hemi engine.
                  I'm keeping my fingers crossed until I see one in the dealership.
                  Steve<br />1986 J-20 360 cid/auto, trac-loc, custom efis tbi, flowkooler, aluminum cross flow radiator, rhino-liner, working AC. <br />1990 GW trac-loc, Engle cam and aluminum cross flow radiator.
                  <br /><br />\"The best Jeeps came from the past when gay meant you were happy and Aids was an appetite suppressant"

Comment

Working...
                  X