Where can I find a lift for my 68 Wagoneer??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rellim51
    232 I6
    • Dec 20, 2014

Where can I find a lift for my 68 Wagoneer??

I bought a 1968 Wagoneer a while back I'm beginning to think it was a mistake. I can't seem to find anybody that makes a bolt on lift for it. I ordered one from BJ's off road but I got an email the other day saying they are no longer selling lifts for the early Wagoneers. What should I do? Sell it and get a newer Jeep?
  • bkilby
    350 Buick
    • Jan 10, 2016

Try Hell Creek Suspension or flip through your local yellow pages for a custom spring company.
    1974 Cherokee S. It's driving but needs more work. As usual!

Comment

• Rellim51
      232 I6
      • Dec 20, 2014

local spring company.....LOL! I'm in rural TN. Our yellow pages has about 10 pages in it.

I've heard the Hell Creek springs ride rough and their lift costs twice as much as BJ's but that may be my only option.

Comment

• GreenMachine
        232 I6
        • Jun 14, 2002

I have their 4" (hellcreek)on my 1975 Cherokee and it doesn't ride rough at all. I have a 4" super lift on my J10 and it's just now starting to loose its teeth rattling harshness and I bought it used (it was installed on a project that never got on the road). My only complaint is it looks a touch lower in the back than the front. I am running caster wedges though in the front. I think they have a 10% ifsja discount too.
        GreenMachine

Comment

• PNW69Waggy
          232 I6
          • Oct 15, 2016

This is a bummer to hear because I was probably close to purchasing one of their lifts for my '69 soon as well.

Originally posted by GreenMachine
          I have their 4" (hellcreek)on my 1975 Cherokee and it doesn't ride rough at all. I have a 4" super lift on my J10 and it's just now starting to loose its teeth rattling harshness and I bought it used (it was installed on a project that never got on the road). My only complaint is it looks a touch lower in the back than the front. I am running caster wedges though in the front. I think they have a 10% ifsja discount too.
          I'm glad to hear your Hell Creek lift rides well... Do the '74+ Wagoneers tend to ride better than the '63-'73 do to begin with because of their longer springs though? I thought I had read that on here. I'm a bit concerned also about how 4" lift springs on my '69 will ride because I'd really like it to have a comfortable ride.

What else are our options for the early rigs? Unless I can find a place to make me some nice riding 4-5" lift springs for a reasonable price, I'm leaning towards just ditching the stock spring mounts and running '74+ stuff so I can have some choices on lift springs.
          '69 Wagoneer, Empire Blue / rust, Buick 350, TH00, Dana 20, Dana 27/44, stock & original
          '91 XJ Laredo 4dr, 4.0L/AW4, 4.5" lift, 31" BFG's, etc
          '02 WJ Limited, 4.7L/QD, 2.5" lift, 31" BFG's, etc

Comment

• Kenall

• Apr 15, 2000

here is an idea...

buy a 4 spring lift kit for 90s jeep wranglers. yes, I kno that their springs are shorter than the ones on your Kaiser FSJ, but they are 2.5" wide which is the same.

when you get them...cut off the bushing end of the wrangler main leaf and take apart the spring pack.

then take your Kaiser spring pack, remove it from the jeep or leave it attached to the jeep. and separate all the leafs. (remove the center pin)

keeping the MAIN LEAF of your Kaiser spring, add all the leafs from the wrangler pack to your Kaiser main leaf, and reinstall the center pin.
            Ken's:
            1966 Super Wagoneer
            5.7L 2BBl. Th700R4. NP-208. Opens. 3.31s. 4core. 4Discs. PS,PB,AC,CC,Cassette.
            (Soon to be TBI)
            "If it aint leaking, it's empty!"

Comment

• PNW69Waggy
              232 I6
              • Oct 15, 2016

That may be an option, has anyone actually done that on one of these early Wagoneers? I wonder what height of Wrangler lift springs I'd need to get about 4" of lift on a Wagoneer. The Wrangler is obviously a lot lighter.
              '69 Wagoneer, Empire Blue / rust, Buick 350, TH00, Dana 20, Dana 27/44, stock & original
              '91 XJ Laredo 4dr, 4.0L/AW4, 4.5" lift, 31" BFG's, etc
              '02 WJ Limited, 4.7L/QD, 2.5" lift, 31" BFG's, etc

Comment

• rocklaurence

• Jan 14, 2009

Originally posted by PNW69Waggy
                That may be an option, has anyone actually done that on one of these early Wagoneers? I wonder what height of Wrangler lift springs I'd need to get about 4" of lift on a Wagoneer. The Wrangler is obviously a lot lighter.
                I know the older trucks front springs were 2" wide not 2.5" as the newer springs. I believe the old Wagons had the 2" springs also and wouldnt be compatable.

Comment

• Kenall

• Apr 15, 2000

Originally posted by rocklaurence
                  I know the older trucks front springs were 2" wide not 2.5" as the newer springs. I believe the old Wagons had the 2" springs also and wouldnt be compatable.

waggys from day one had 2.5" wide springs.
                  Ken's:
                  1966 Super Wagoneer
                  5.7L 2BBl. Th700R4. NP-208. Opens. 3.31s. 4core. 4Discs. PS,PB,AC,CC,Cassette.
                  (Soon to be TBI)
                  "If it aint leaking, it's empty!"

Comment

• turtlehead
                    230 Tornado
                    • May 07, 2016

Did you ever work out a fix? I’m trying to figure it out for my 72 waggy
                    1972 Wagoneer
                    some really weird previous owner mods
                    it's an automatic now... boooooo
                    it's got a 1967 buick 340 - blah

and other weird things I'm working on

Comment

• FMJBT
                      230 Tornado
                      • Mar 06, 2019

Older Chevy Blazers have the same spring lengths as the early Wagoneers, 22X22 in front and 26X26 in the rear. I've been thinking about using Skyjacker Softride springs designed for Blazers. The Chevys were spring over axle in the front though, so I think a spring with more arch would be needed for our spring under setups. Speciffically I was thinking the Skyjacker CR14S in the rear (4" lift) and the C280S (8" lift) for the front. Still not a cheap option though, as just those springs without bushings or shocks will run about $1000. Considering the Hell Creek kit is ready to go for just a bit more, it's likely a more convenient option.

Comment

Working...
                      X