X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • letank
    AMC 4 OH! 1
    • Jun 03, 2002

If you are willing to pay near his high price, ask the seller if he is the registered owner... then ask for the vin , so you can check w AAA which is a lot faster than DMV. The employee may be reluctant to give you personal infos, but you can ask if the town is the town of the seller, or if his first name is Steve ... or if there are delinquant registration fees, which are dues in calif, so it may have up to $600-700 in registration fees, which I think are about the max.

What comes to mind in the case of missing title is : the truck might have been sitting for too long and the registered owner is not responding to the land or property owner to move his stuff... you do not want an angry owner to track you down...

Does the truck move on its own power????

Good luck
    Michel
    74 wag, 349Kmiles on original ticker/trany, except for the rust. Will it make it to the next get together without a rebuilt? Status: needs a new body.
    85 Gwag, 229 Kmiles. $250 FSJ test lab since 02, that refuses to give up but still leaks.

Comment

• tgreese
      • May 29, 2003

I agree, for $1800 it should run, drive and have a clean title.
      Tim Reese
      Maine beekeeper's truck: '77 J10 LWB, 258/T15/D20/3.54 bone stock, low options (delete radio), PS, hubcaps.
      Browless and proud: '82 J20 360/T18/NP208/3.73, Destination ATs, 7600 GVWR
      Copper Polly: '75 CJ-6, 304/T15, PS, BFG KM2s, soft top
      GTI without the badges: '95 VW Golf Sport 2000cc 2D
      ECO Green: '15 FCA Jeep Cherokee KL Trailhawk

Comment

• RoadRacer_Al
        232 I6
        • Jun 18, 2018

I was going to open negotiations @ $800. It's a nice ride out there, and as long as he didn't punch me in the face, "no" was the worst he could do.

Comment

Working...
        X