• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • moloss
    258 I6
    • Jun 23, 2003

gas and gas lines where to find

ok here's the deal last weekend I got my cliffhanger bumpers and 6in lift from bj's and started to install the lift well my WT has custom dual tanks (50 gallons in all) and I needed to drop the tanks in order to get the rear springs on.......well.....in my infinite wisdom I decided to replace all the old gas lines since they were dry rotted this seemed resonable and that's where I'm stuck...I can get fuel line and some of the tubing but I have been to 6 different places from national to local race shops and nobody has gas lines large enough to run from the gas inlet to the tanks!!!! I was even told I was and I quote "your SOL!" the larger lines between the tanks are 1" and 1 1/4" (inside diameter) why is this so hard to find and do ya'll know where I might find gas lines/tubing this size? One more question since the tanks are down and are made of steele is there any way to clean the insides?
    82 Cherokee W/T Laradeo locked with a ton of extras (sold, gone but not forgotten)

86 cj 7 efi, dana 300 4:1, dana 30/44 detroits, 4.56's, 35's, money pit

FSJ.....again one day

"Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less."
    Robert E. Lee
  • 3jeepsdeep
    258 I6
    • Jan 03, 2002

You may need to find a custom hose shop -- the kind that has equipment to make-up high pressure hydraulic hoses. It is likely that they can order bulk hose stock for any application / size you might need.
    I found place like that in Indianapolis -- actually called Indianapolis Spring Works, but they do custom hoses as well. They made-up new AC coolant hoses with all of the correct fittings for my Cherokee.

I'm sure you can find a shop with similar capabilities in any metro area.

good luck
    df

[ December 16, 2004, 06:01 PM: Message edited by: 3jeepsdeep ]
    77 CJ7, 304 ("Sluggo" DD, 40k miles; past project)
    83 Cherokee, 258 ("Taz" -retired 8/05, 219k miles; 'donor for J10')
    83 Wagoneer, 360 ("Balrog" sold '96)
    84 J10, 258 ("Bluto" - project, almost friggin done)
    2000 Cherokee XJ, 4.0L (small project)
    JD317 (buzz) Hot Rod lawn tractor
    big pile of parts from all above

Comment

• The BEAST
      327 Rambler
      • Apr 27, 2002

NAPA auto parts has them I found them at Napa,s in TX and OH if they dont have they can order or Google gas lines
      73 Wag 327 chevy 3inch stainless exhaust 2 3/4 body lift TH400 4 ton loggers winch 400 watt stero CD, oak door panels, bedliner floors ,razor grill w/badge, 36\" Super Swampers on 15X8 chrome whells ,<br />(sons daily driver)B BEAST

Comment

• mdill9
        350 Buick
        • Sep 21, 2004

The larger NAPA's or look in the phone book for
        hose shopes in your area, a good hose shop has
        all kinds of need hose, even some things you
        never thought you needed, but will buy anyway.

Mike D.

Comment

• jc turtle
          258 I6
          • Dec 05, 2002

HI, If you have any marine stores or marinas near you , they will surely have large fuel hose.
          hope this helps, John

Comment

Working...
          X