• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rallyeo
    230 Tornado
    • Oct 17, 2018

Power Windows, side mirrors not working

Sorry if this has been covered, I did a search and couldn’t find my exact issue. All of my interior window switches and power mirrors stopped working. I replaced the 30a circuit breaker for the windows and all fuses look good. The rear window opens with the outside key but that’s it.

Thanks!
    Last edited by rallyeo; 08-31-2020, 05:34 PM.
  • mgmann
    232 I6
    • Jun 12, 2007

Not the same, but something to consider

Had a similar issue in my 88GW. Only on mine the rear window worked from the inside but not with the key. After much wire tracing, cussing, etc. I finally found that a screw in the tailgate had rubbed through the insulation on a wire and shorted the whole thing out. What I did to test it was to unplug the wires that run to the tailgate – there’s a plug on the driver’s side right before the wires enter the tailgate. Whenever I did that everything but the tailgate worked. As soon as I plugged the wires back in it all died. To save myself a lot of headache I ran a wire with a 30A fuse right from the battery to one of the plugs on the tailgate and every time I attached the wire to the plug the fuse would blow. The screw was under the tailgate switch and I had to remove the regulator to get at it. What I would do if I were you is unplug those wires and see what happens. Also, on my rig some previous owner had installed a 30A fuse right at the starter relay and circumvented the “always hot” breaker. Works great once you find out what had been done.

Comment

• rallyeo
      230 Tornado
      • Oct 17, 2018

Thanks! I’ll give it a try in the morning. I recently un-stuck the tailgate after it had been closed for years. I was wondering if something happened back there.

Comment

Working...
      X