• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fadec
    230 Tornado
    • May 30, 2018

Steering column length?

I decided it will be easier to just replace the steering column in my '68 J3500 due to lack of parts availability. I'm still deciding which of the big three makers to go with. Either Flaming River, Ididit, or Speeway.

So as to know what to shop for, I need to know the length of the steering column installed in a '64-'71 J series truck with a column shift automatic. Anyone done a column swap with an after market GM style column and knows how long it is?

I know I can simply measure it once it is removed, but I would like to research this and order parts BEFORE removing my old column. Thus I'll have still have a truck I can move, while I await parts. Space is very limited and I can't have the truck blocking the driveway without a steering column while parts on order.
    1968 J3500 - Buick 430, TH400, D20, D44/D53, Townside

1981 CJ7 - rock crawler w/ custom tri-link suspension & coil springs, 383 stroker L98 TPI

2010 JK - all the normal bolt on stuff you can think of. 4" Currie lift, 37" tires, stubby bumpers, flat fenders and such...
Working...
X