• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Darin
    232 I6
    • May 20, 2001

Hard Vacuum line at rear of GW

I was wiring up some rear accessory lights last week and noticed one of those small hard vacuum lines disconnected and tucked up in the rear frame. I traced it, but it was un connected on both ends. It has a yellow thread cap type connector on at least on end. I can't tell where this goes or what its for. Any ideas?
    89 GW<br />360/727/NP229<br />Ported TBI with all sensor options from Custom EFIS, Bored .030, custom cam and head work, Edelbrock intake, externally balanced, FlowKooler WP, TFI, K&N Filters, Rebuilt transmission with HD TC and shift kit
  • Jim Barbero
    232 I6
    • Oct 21, 2001

Did a PO perhaps have Air Shocks installed? Sounds like the most probable reason as they come with this type of line.

Jim
    Jim<P>\"Gross Tonnage Prevails\"

Comment

• Darin
      232 I6
      • May 20, 2001

AAhhh. that would make sense. When I had new springs built for the rear I had them put on new gas shocks. They mentioned that there were really old air shocks on the rig previously. Looks like a can remove and save the hard vacuum line for other repairs.

Thanks.
      89 GW<br />360/727/NP229<br />Ported TBI with all sensor options from Custom EFIS, Bored .030, custom cam and head work, Edelbrock intake, externally balanced, FlowKooler WP, TFI, K&N Filters, Rebuilt transmission with HD TC and shift kit

Comment

• Jim Barbero
        232 I6
        • Oct 21, 2001

Anytime [img]smile.gif[/img]

Jim
        Jim<P>\"Gross Tonnage Prevails\"

Comment

• Bob Barry
          Jeep Doctor
          • Apr 09, 2000

Could it also be for the rear wiper fluid? Even if the truck wasn't equipped with that option, Jeep may have installed the hose as a matter of course during construction, so it wouldn't have to be added later.
          1987 J-20
          Video projects for my J-20 on Youtube

Comment

• Darin
            232 I6
            • May 20, 2001

Bob,

To opperate the ?pump? bak there? I'll look into that as well. I do have the rear wiper option, and was wondering why I don't have fluid back there. (I know why the wiper doesn't work. It was in 4 pieces)

Comment

• Bob Barry
              Jeep Doctor
              • Apr 09, 2000

Yes, the resevoir for the rear wiper washer is under the hood (look under there yourself to see if it is still installed; it looks just like the front one and sits right next to it). I guess there was no place out back to install the resevoir, so they ran a line all the way to the back.
              1987 J-20
              Video projects for my J-20 on Youtube

Comment

Working...
              X