• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GWD6
    232 I6
    • Nov 03, 2014

Upholstery Ideas

After spending the last couple months scouring ebay and craigslist, it seems a common theme that the late model Wagoneer's original upholstery is invariably trashed. Mine is no exception, and to be honest, I'm not impressed with the original styling.

I'm sure some of you guys and gals and changed your upholstery, can you please post some pics here so I can get some ideas.

Thanks,

Gary

This is the interior of the Filson AEV Jeep Brute, they used their "Tin Cloth" for the inserts which is pretty much bullet proof. I wrote them to see if I could buy a few yards of it, but they didn't respond.

'84 Grand Wagoneer
  • joe
    • Apr 28, 2000

Lota places sell canvas. Either regular canvas or water resistant duck in various weights. I've had a couple old Chev truck benches reupholstered in canvas. Nothing leather trimmed fancy but really like canvas at least in a truck. Not too hot in the summer or too cold in the winter, wears well and easy to clean. Compared to fancy patterned vinyl it's a lot cheaper too. If Filson was willing to sell you material though I doubt it'll be cheap. Pretty expensive stuff. I've owned their tin pants, tin jacket a a few cruiser vests along with some of their duffle gear. Excellent quality but certainly not cheap. If you're considering canvas check with a canvas vendor or even a sail shop. No thoughts about it in a GW but looks and works great in a truck.
    joe
    "Don't mind me. I'm just here for the alibi"

Comment

• Strode
      1st Chair, Cowbell
      • Nov 08, 2011

Since you're in the Denver area, I recommend these guys. Rusty is the man's name.

Note:  This blog post outlines upcoming changes to Google Currents for Workspace users. For information on the previous deprecation of Googl...
      Brad
      (*Allowed to post while failed 'I am not a Bot' test results are under appeal)

My build thread: 1982 Cherokee Laredo

Ristow's Bunker

Member, FSJ Prissy Restoration Association

Comment

• Datsun1973
        230 Tornado
        • Oct 27, 2014

I would like to use neoprene. I've had wet okle seat covers before and I loved em.

Comment

• GWD6
          232 I6
          • Nov 03, 2014

Originally posted by joe
          Lota places sell canvas. Either regular canvas or water resistant duck in various weights. I've had a couple old Chev truck benches reupholstered in canvas. Nothing leather trimmed fancy but really like canvas at least in a truck. Not too hot in the summer or too cold in the winter, wears well and easy to clean. Compared to fancy patterned vinyl it's a lot cheaper too. If Filson was willing to sell you material though I doubt it'll be cheap. Pretty expensive stuff. I've owned their tin pants, tin jacket a a few cruiser vests along with some of their duffle gear. Excellent quality but certainly not cheap. If you're considering canvas check with a canvas vendor or even a sail shop. No thoughts about it in a GW but looks and works great in a truck.
          Nothing at Filson is inexpensive, although I've been to their outlet store in Burlington, WA. and didn't feel violated after I left the store.

If I could find something similar I'm probably going to go with the leather/canvas combo, I like the look and durability aspects.
          '84 Grand Wagoneer

Comment

• GWD6
            232 I6
            • Nov 03, 2014

Originally posted by Strode
            Since you're in the Denver area, I recommend these guys. Rusty is the man's name.

https://plus.google.com/105749890189...ut?gl=us&hl=en

Thanks, I'll give them a call!
            '84 Grand Wagoneer

Comment

• ZiRiu
              258 I6
              • Sep 23, 2014

Reminds me of the Ford King Ranch.
              1981 Wagoneer

360, TF727, NP-219 T-Case, D44 front, AMC 20 rear.

Comment

• badaboom
                AMC 4 OH! 1
                • Jun 05, 2001

Available materials

Try here to check materials - Local Denver

1981 Jeep J10 Laredo, 401-V8, 625 Carter, Lunati 262/268, Edelbrock Performer, MSD Ign., Hydroboost, Hyd. Clutch, Flow Cooler WP, Be Cool Aluminum Radiator, Doug Thorley, NV4500 5-Spd, NP-231D, 3.73 F/R Trac-Locs, Rustys 4" Lift, Vintage Red Metallic, Black Interior and 33X10.50X15 BFG, FiTech400 to come - IN PROCESS Bling Bling Cha-Ching

Comment

• suzq044
                  304 AMC
                  • Dec 23, 2008

personally I like the ram Longhorn leathers..

Max²: 1964 Jeep Panel Wagoneer
                  Planning Stages

2018 Wagoneer Rendering if you're interested.

Comment

• ursusarticus
                    232 I6
                    • Apr 03, 2005

Look at EZ-boy interiors I think Bonney took them over. They have decent precut and fitted covers that come with the hog rings and pliers so you are able to reupholster your seats yourself.
                    Ursusarticus

Comment

• DBX11
                      258 I6
                      • May 18, 2009

Seabag Canvas and Burlap

Comment

• DBX11
                        258 I6
                        • May 18, 2009

It was cheap yet time consuming; Probably wouldn't last long for a daily driver but it smells good and gives it that old farm truck feel and look...whatever

Comment

• Tinkerjeep
                          Banned
                          • Mar 01, 2009

I take it you don't wear shorts.

Comment

• DBX11
                            258 I6
                            • May 18, 2009

Shorts don't bother me so much but it's those darn backless hospital gowns I can't drive the work truck in anymore!

Comment

• Cherokeeowner
                              258 I6
                              • Jul 25, 2010

Look up men in black here at IFSJA. He does some side work at an upholstery shop.
                              Member FSJ Prissy Restoration Association

"Proud to be prissy."

1988 Grand Wagoneer

1986 Grand Wagoneer

Comment

Working...
                              X