• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RAMBLINFSJ
    350 Buick
    • Oct 31, 2006

Late Model Hub Cap Screws

Hey guys, I am putting hub caps on a friend's wagon. It didn't have caps on the wheels when he bought the truck. We are putting caps on it now. Does anyone know the screw size and thread and possibly have a picture? It's the small late model cap that bolts in from the front. This wagon is an 89 model.
    Last edited by RAMBLINFSJ; 10-04-2019, 02:37 PM.
    1984 Wagoneer
    1977 Cherokee Chief (401)
    1982 J-20
    1965 AMC Rambler American 220
  • KillyMcGee
    232 I6
    • Aug 26, 2019

Originally posted by RAMBLINFSJ
    Hey guys, I am putting hub caps on a friend's wagon. It didn't have caps on the wheels when he bought the truck. We are putting caps on it now. Does anyone know the screw size and thread and possibly have a picture? It's the small late model cap that bolts in from the front. This wagon is an 89 model.
    After loosing a cap, I just drilled and tapped it for a larger size. Made sure the screw doesn't go thru the wheel and into the brake rotor.
    85 and 86 GWs

Comment

• nograin
      304 AMC
      • Dec 19, 2000

Originally posted by RAMBLINFSJ
      If they are the same as '85, as best I can tell they are #9 thread, probably with #9 oval head. And 9 is an odd ball size so the best source is old dealer inventory and used.
      Need a set myself. its in my 'roundtuit' list.
      '85 Grand Wagoneer
      360 727auto, NP229
      body by beer (PO)
      carries wood inside
      no "wood" outside
      My other car is a fish

Comment

Working...
      X