• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Greenfish
    258 I6
    • Jul 12, 2010

Holley street avenger 570 too little?

hey guys, i'm putting in my new 360 soon, has a nice truck cam and an eddy performer intake. Is the 570 street avenger not enough carb? Should I go with the bigger one?

I'm deciding on a carb now and want to get the best economy/performance I can.
    Baltimore
    1991 Grand Wagoneer, Rebuilt 360, Eddy Perf Manifold, Razor Grill
    1970 Plymouth 'Cuda (my baby)
  • Ristow
    • Jan 20, 2006

it's more than enough. it will not have the annular boosters however.
    Originally posted by Hankrod
    Ristows right.................again,

Originally posted by Fasts79Chief
    ... like the little 'you know what's' that you are.

I LOVE how Ristow has stolen my comment about him ... "Quoted" it ... and made himself famous for being an ***hole to people. Hahahahahahahahahha!

It's like you're unraveling a big cable-knit sweater that someone keeps knitting...and knitting...and knitting...and knitting...

Comment

• serehill
      Gone,Never Forgotten.
      • Nov 22, 2009

Should be good.

Mileage would be good. you may get a little more performance out of something larger but it will cost you at the pump.

80 Cherokee
      360 ci 727 with
      Comp cams 270 h
      NP208
      Edlebrock performer intake
      Holley 4180
      Msd total multi spark.
      4" rusty's springs
      Member, FSJ Prissy Restoration Association

If you can't make it better why waste your time. No use repeating the orignal mistakes. I'm to old to push it that's why.

Comment

• Greenfish
        258 I6
        • Jul 12, 2010

Ristow, would one of your 4180 carbs be better than the Street avenger?
        Baltimore

Comment

• Ristow
          • Jan 20, 2006

off road angle-wise no. otherwise yup.

I LOVE how Ristow has stolen my comment about him ... "Quoted" it ... and made himself famous for being an ***hole to people. Hahahahahahahahahha!

It's like you're unraveling a big cable-knit sweater that someone keeps knitting...and knitting...and knitting...and knitting...

Comment

• Ristow
            • Jan 20, 2006

oh wait,i was thinking Truck Avenger,but you're looking at the Street Avenger which has center hung floats,so the side hung 4180 would be more angle friendly as well.

Comment

• Greenfish
              258 I6
              • Jul 12, 2010

Originally posted by Ristow
              oh wait,i was thinking Truck Avenger,but you're looking at the Street Avenger which has center hung floats,so the side hung 4180 would be more angle friendly as well.
              Not really that worried about off roading. I don't have time to go trail riding anyhow. Ill hold out for one of your carbs.
              Baltimore

Comment

• djongeward
                304 AMC
                • May 21, 2008

We are currently using the smaller 475 cfm Holley Avenger's in both the stock built 360 and the performance built 360 with really good results both off road and street.

IMHO as a mid block type V8 the AMC 360 works really well with smaller high performance carbs. I haven't had the wag over 100 yet, nor do I desire to, but as I approach it, she still wants to keep pulling, so I haven't noticed any top end issues.

I'm from the old school where the larger carb the better. One of my sons builds race engines and he talked me into it. I'm very glad he did.

So I say the 570 would be fine and more than enough. I think you would find the smaller Street Avenger your considering would have a more snappier low end response than with a larger one. But that would only be my guess. I can light up the wags tires in 1st and 2nd if I manually shift it.
                89 Grandwagoneer, built 360, COMP cam set, port matched Edelbrock SP2P, 475 cfm Holley ORA, Thorleys, MSD6a, extra cooling and oiling.
                76 Cherokee S Chief - rebuilt stock, Holley, Performer, MSD Dizzy.
                89 GW parts waggy

Comment

Working...
                X