• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rockjeep44
    The Advisor
    • Oct 15, 2001

Originally posted by Austin Kerns
    Nice, how much to ship to 80221? Thanks.
    Approximately $30. If you order I'll get you a more exact quote but that's your ballpark. 2003 mcs paid $28.44 shipping to Michigan.
    Buggy Buildup

Originally posted by welchct
    There are about 5 trails that actualy have section that are upwards of 85* and climb 40-50 feet at this deg.
    "The combination of fine split tail and fine whiskey will make any man lose focus." -FSJeeper

Comment

• Kaiser
      327 Rambler
      • Jan 14, 2006

Originally posted by Stuka
      Whats your point? So you bought sliders for a toyota that are mass produced and made with smaller material...
      I bought universal sliders that are adaptable to any rig so long as you know how to weld...I dont care if they are mass produced or not...and they are the SAME dimensional material...
      TrailGear site: "Made from 1 3/4" X .120 round HREW tubing. Legs can be be cut to length to allow for different mounting positions. "
      Also:http://www.trail-gear.com/rocksliders.html

Besides, I'd like to see some more of the welding these guys do...from the photos it looks cold (not trying to bash on anyone here, but want to see the end product! Esp. since they look like TG knock offs).
      ie Trail Gear universals:

So, what your point?
      Last edited by Kaiser; 06-03-2007, 09:02 PM.
      1965 Kaiser/Jeep Gladiator J300 7600 GVW

Comment

• TexTJ209
        360 AMC
        • Oct 06, 2005

Originally posted by Kaiser
        since they look like TG knock offs

lol.
        '10 Chevy Silverado 5.3L - The DD.
        '81 Jeep CJ-7 Laredo
        '73 Jeep J2000 - On the perpetual backburner.
        Texas A&M Offroad

Comment

• backpack09
          327 Rambler
          • Nov 09, 2005

Gee, I just ordered my TrailGear sliders for about $140.
          $250 and I got free shipping...
          Also, What is your point.

Everyone pisses and moans that no one makes FSJ specific parts. Here we have a small time guy trying to do just that and you suggest an off the shelf part that is deffinately not going to fit like this:

Great product. If my $ituation were a bit different, I would deffinately have a set coming my way.

Dan
          Last edited by backpack09; 06-04-2007, 07:31 AM.
          Dan G
          91 GrandWag
          MSD Mag Dizzy, MSD 6A

Comment

• rockjeep44
            The Advisor
            • Oct 15, 2001

I bought universal sliders that are adaptable to any rig so long as you know how to weld...I dont care if they are mass produced or not...and they are the SAME dimensional material...
            TrailGear site: "Made from 1 3/4" X .120 round HREW tubing. Legs can be be cut to length to allow for different mounting positions. "
            Also:http://www.trail-gear.com/rocksliders.html

Besides, I'd like to see some more of the welding these guys do...from the photos it looks cold (not trying to bash on anyone here, but want to see the end product! Esp. since they look like TG knock offs).
            ie Trail Gear universals:

So, what your point?
            Dude, if you want to bash my sliders please start a new thread. Also, if you have such a hard-on for TG why don't you get set up as a dealer and sell them here

Furthermore, you're kidding yourself if you think those sliders are "generic" and will fit any rig. I spent several hours getting the fit just right against the rocker, making sure the door clears, setting the angle on the slider bar, getting the stickout just right from the frame etc. Not to mention I don't know if you've seen an FSJ frame before but there ain't a lot of places to put mounting feet. I didn't just slap three pieces of tube on and call it good. They are strategically placed so you can weld them onto a straight piece of frame with no bolt or crossmember interference. The front foot has to be placed around the crossmember bolts. The middle foot has a bend in the frame to deal with. The rear foot has the spring box in the way. The chances the TG sliders will just magically work in that scenario are about 0. Also, each foot is a different length. Yea, this sucks for me because I have to make them all separately and notch them all separately but it'll be great for the end user because it will fit their frame. Now, I'm sure you can MAKE the TG sliders work but it'll take a chop saw and welder at a bare minimum and that's only if you don't have to start cutting tubes off and rewelding them on. If you want something you know will fit and you don't feel like playing <around then> spend $289 on my set. Otherwise, drop $140 and pray.

BTW, I'd love to see the pictures of the TG sliders on your rig As for mine being knockoffs you can only be so creative with a slider. The design works and looks good.
            Last edited by Rogue; 06-05-2007, 09:16 AM.
            Buggy Buildup

There are about 5 trails that actualy have section that are upwards of 85* and climb 40-50 feet at this deg.
            "The combination of fine split tail and fine whiskey will make any man lose focus." -FSJeeper

Comment

• jepj2000
              350 Buick
              • Dec 22, 2006

What are the chances of a Jtruck version being built from you. I would be really interested in them if you get the chance to make some. Let me know.

Thanks,
              Rankin
              1972 J2000: 304, T18, Dana 20, Dana 44s w/ 4.09s, Rear Detroit, 7.50-16s
              1977 J10: 401, TH400, Quadratrac, partime kit, Dana 60's , 4.10s, welded rear, RS44044s SOA, 63" Springs inboarded, 36" Goodyear RT IIs

Comment

• rockjeep44
                The Advisor
                • Oct 15, 2001

I wouldn't mind doing a set for you if I had a j-truck to work off of. You could give me measurements but I'd really like to have one at hand when I make the set. If yours the long wheel base or short wheel base?
                Buggy Buildup

Comment

• Tigger4X
                  AMC 4 OH! 1
                  • Nov 16, 2001

At the beginning of this thread you mentioned that these sliders will work on 79-?? I have a 76 Chero w/a 3" BL ... compatible
                  Originally posted by will e
                  Keep in mind. Getting old is easy. Being old is hard.
                  Post #14 ~ http://www.ifsja.org/forums/vb/showt...=1#post1580206

Comment

• jepj2000
                    350 Buick
                    • Dec 22, 2006

They would be for my '77 J10 which is a short wheel base. I can give you some measurements if you need them but I'm sure you would rather have a truck to mock up to.

There is really no rush on my side so if you were planning on making some for production and are just waiting to get a Jtruck to work with I can wait for that as well. If you are not planning on putting Jtruck sliders in production then just let me know.

Thanks,
                    Rankin
                    1972 J2000: 304, T18, Dana 20, Dana 44s w/ 4.09s, Rear Detroit, 7.50-16s
                    1977 J10: 401, TH400, Quadratrac, partime kit, Dana 60's , 4.10s, welded rear, RS44044s SOA, 63" Springs inboarded, 36" Goodyear RT IIs

Comment

• Kaiser
                      327 Rambler
                      • Jan 14, 2006

Originally posted by rockjeep44
                      Dude, if you want to bash my sliders please start a new thread. Also, if you have such a hard-on for TG why don't you get set up as a dealer and sell them here

Furthermore, you're kidding yourself if you think those sliders are "generic" and will fit any rig. I spent several hours getting the fit just right against the rocker, making sure the door clears, setting the angle on the slider bar, getting the stickout just right from the frame etc. Not to mention I don't know if you've seen an FSJ frame before but there ain't a lot of places to put mounting feet. I didn't just slap three pieces of tube on and call it good. They are strategically placed so you can weld them onto a straight piece of frame with no bolt or crossmember interference. The front foot has to be placed around the crossmember bolts. The middle foot has a bend in the frame to deal with. The rear foot has the spring box in the way. The chances the TG sliders will just magically work in that scenario are about 0. Also, each foot is a different length. Yea, this sucks for me because I have to make them all separately and notch them all separately but it'll be great for the end user because it will fit their frame. Now, I'm sure you can MAKE the TG sliders work but it'll take a chop saw and welder at a bare minimum and that's only if you don't have to start cutting tubes off and rewelding them on. If you want something you know will fit and you don't feel like playing a lot of graba*s then nut up and spend $289 on my set. Otherwise, drop $140 and pray.

BTW, I'd love to see the pictures of the TG sliders on your rig As for mine being knockoffs you can only be so creative with a slider. The design works and looks good. Go complain to someone that cares.
                      <thats a cool product for people who don't have the equipment to build their own>
                      Last edited by Rogue; 06-05-2007, 12:15 PM.

Comment

• rockjeep44
                        The Advisor
                        • Oct 15, 2001

I'll post more pictures when they are ready to post. Hacksaw? ROFL...
                        Last edited by Rogue; 06-05-2007, 09:17 AM.
                        Buggy Buildup

Comment

• TexTJ209
                          360 AMC
                          • Oct 06, 2005

Why dont you yourself "nut up" and answer why you cant be any more creative than copying what some consider to be "cheap" Trail Gear sliders...

Dude sliders of this type have been out for a long friggin' time, well before Trail Gear copied the design like they've been rumored to do with everything else they sell. Stop jerkin' it to TG, they didn't invent these silly things....its a common design type you see all the friggin time from home built or aftermarket suppliers. Plus you're comparing a decently established company to a guy making stuff for a vehicle with a cult following.

stop bashing a guy making a custom product FSJers have wanted and needed for a while. Jesus..
                          Last edited by Rogue; 06-05-2007, 09:18 AM.
                          '10 Chevy Silverado 5.3L - The DD.
                          '81 Jeep CJ-7 Laredo
                          '73 Jeep J2000 - On the perpetual backburner.
                          Texas A&M Offroad

Comment

• rockjeep44
                            The Advisor
                            • Oct 15, 2001

I'm done with Kaiser, he obviously has something against me and it's not even worth arguing.

I'll have some more stuff worth talking about tomorrow Thanks for the interest guys.
                            -Andrew
                            Buggy Buildup

Comment

• KaiserMan
                              I got the Willys....
                              • Jun 21, 2005

Andrew, how well do you think .120 wall will hold up? I see 1 3/4X.120 dom get pretty beat up at work. Any chance of getting .156 wall?
                              Thomas Russell
                              1987 Cherokee Laredo 2-Door 4.0/AW4
                              1971 Gladiator
                              J2000 Platform-Stake Dump 350/T18

1970 Gladiator J3000 3407Z Camper Truck 350/T18
                              1968 Wagoneer Custom 327/TH400

Comment

• Kaiser
                                327 Rambler
                                • Jan 14, 2006

Originally posted by KaiserMan
                                Andrew, how well do you think .120 wall will hold up? I see 1 3/4X.120 dom get pretty beat up at work. Any chance of getting .156 wall?
                                You'd be pretty impressed with what .12 DOM will hold up to on the trail. Would think .156 to be a little overkill, but maybe not. I tortured mine on my old FJ40 while spending 3 weeks at Rimrock.
                                BTW: Hell, I'd still buy these if I had a Wag/Cherokee. I figured it'd be fair to have a fair comparison with your competitors since there is a nearly exact product out there...
                                Cheers,
                                DLS

Comment

Working...
                                X