X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Headhoncho
    AMC 4 OH! 1
    • Oct 11, 2006

Put my Demon 2bbl back on and passed NJ emissions (good for 2 years)FINALLY with the help of a new catalytic converter. Also re-engineered a ch*vy Astro class III receiver to fit under my Honcho to pull a trailer to the Pa. Jeeps show this weekend. Next is rear disc brakes on the 14 bolt. Found all the parts, need to find time.

JR
    [quote] "How does someone from Iran have a BJ's Offroad sticker but I can't seem to get one sent to New Jersey???!!!"

1980 Honcho Sportside w/37's, 351c, 14" lift, D44high pinion w/Aussie, crossover steering, 14b w/detroit, np435, 205, 5.13's, 4whl discs, hb brakes, OBAir, rusted out cab,
    1966 mustang fastback
    '07 Dodge Charger 3.5

Comment

• 68_Gladiator
      350 Buick
      • Oct 01, 2007

swapped out my broken D44 front axle for another one with warn hubs already installed and 33 inch mud terrains. also put the brakes back together. today is the new starter install. bucket seats form an 80's cherokee instaled. also picking up a 3rd gladiator to add to my collection as a parts vehicle. whatever i dont use i may part out before scrapping it.
      Last edited by 68_Gladiator; 07-16-2008, 09:15 AM.
      "Go Brow or go home"

1973 J2000

Comment

• Long&Low
        350 Buick
        • Jan 03, 2008

I just accumulated parts. I picked up an A/C compressor that is 134 compatable, picked up a TJ gas tank, skid and fuel pump for the 4.0ltr conversion, and a repalcement front fascia all for the J10.
        Breakfast amounts to one live toad, I choke that mofo down, and I am rest assured that nothing worse will happen to me for the rest of the day.

CJ truck project
        '18 Jeep Renegade
        '15 Jeep Cherokee

Comment

• Luntec
          232 I6
          • Sep 03, 2006

I finally re-installed my fuel tank. Few of the holes lined up after I repaired the frame, so that made for an interesting afternoon with some colorful language. But that puppy's back in. Now I' just have to double check some wiring and torque some nuts, fix the gangsta lean on the driver's seat and try to start her up after two years of sitting.
          '88GW, TFI, 4" BJs lift, 1" body lift, rancho 9000s.
          http://s236.photobucket.com/albums/f...20GRAND%20WAG/
          '94 YJ Sahara

Comment

• bmoose
            232 I6
            • Mar 24, 2002

My weekend!

After dis-assembling 2 Quadra-tracs and cleaning both to find good parts. I made 1 good unit.
            Got all of the shafts aligned, chain tight and bolts torqued to spec then stabbed the little muther.
            Filled up with fluid, connected drive shafts ( propeller shafts in AMC book) linkages and cables then tried to move it out of its tracks. Not enough transmission fluid, so 4 qts later ITS ALIVE!!!
            So I started doing figger 8's in the local mall parking lot to get the cones lubed up.
            Security didn't like that so I made do at a couple of dead end streets.
            Tried the lowrange, linkage not right. Minor adjustment and all is good.
            Tried E-drive, no workee . Have vacuume but no light or engagement.
            Looks like next weekend I'll pull the back half of the case off and try to fix e-drive.
            But in the mean time it runs and pulls like a monster. new chain, cones with gears and fluid make a BIG difference.
            Now I just need to go muddin'
            79 LTD Mudbug
            TFI ignition upgrade
            K&N air, electric fan , FLOWMASTER 50
            3" Rough Country lift & 31x10.50's, 3:54 gears
            I Rebuilt the QuadraTrac! (now I know how it works)
            NO EMISSIONS JUNK !!18 mpg best to date.
            Huntin' rig supreme!

Comment

• j20brett
              360 AMC
              • Jul 05, 2006

I finally put my exhaust back on last night (ripped it off in early feb). I just want to say to all who have welded their exhausts on underneath the vehicle, i have a newfound respect for y'all!
              Kaiser - 1981 J20 115" WB - 5.3l/4l60E/np241c/3-link hp60 spooled/Leafs 14-bolt detroit/5.13's/40's

Build Thread

Fight Crime...Shoot Back.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Comment

• misfittom138
                350 Buick
                • Dec 19, 2007

Originally posted by j20brett
                I finally put my exhaust back on last night (ripped it off in early feb). I just want to say to all who have welded their exhausts on underneath the vehicle, i have a newfound respect for y'all!
                Fun job huh?
                81 Wagoneer 360/727/208, lockrite rear/welded front,4.10s, 7"SOA/shackle flip,3" body,OBA,37" Iroks,chopped,caged,highsteer,hydro assist....

Comment

• testuser
                  Administrator
                  • Apr 09, 2000

replaced the axle shaft ujoints and hub assemblies on my XJ.

Comment

• waynestiles
                    350 Buick
                    • Mar 26, 2006

loaded it up and drove the heck out of it. about 750 miles between sunday moorning and getting back home last night.
                    "Sacred cows make better burger"

Comment

• Herk
                      350 Buick
                      • Jun 12, 2006

OK, gotta kick up an old post but these are a week or few old. Been putting the Buick 350 back together nice and slow.. Mostly because my day job sucks and I have lots of mandatory overtime.
                      Attached Files
                      There are 2 rules to success in life...
                      Rule #1: Don't tell people everything you know.

1971 J-4700/Buick 350 Stage 1/TH400/D20/D44/D60/Koenig PTO Winch
                      2005 LJ Rubicon Pretty close to stock

Comment

• pineymike
                        327 Rambler
                        • Feb 22, 2008

My 18yr old son drove it to work on sat! I wheeled it all day sunday!

Comment

• Cranky_Joe
                          232 I6
                          • Jun 22, 2006

Looked at it and sighed.
                          1978 Cherokee Chief S
                          1948 CJ 2
                          2004 Cherokee Larado

Comment

• HectorHeadgear
                            232 I6
                            • Nov 09, 2005

New points, condensor, rotor and fuel filter. Gotta keep the thing running, or I won't have anything to drive!

Also rigged up a new stereo. Bought it all at Wal-mart. 6x9 speakers: $20. New cd player with aux-in head unit: $75. Speaker wire: $5. Wiring it all up under my front seat: priceless.
                            1973 Wagoneer
                            360 4bbl, th400, QT w/part time mod
                            Engine Overhauled as of 12MAR07

Comment

• uglyjeep
                              232 I6
                              • Aug 20, 2007

Twin-sticked my np205!
                              The eternal project -'87 6.2 diesel, '75 cherokee chassis, t-18 & dana 20, & WT dana 44's(rear lock-right, front trac-lok) , '67 j-3000 cab ('75 dash & pedals, '67 column, "leather" astro bench), '33 IH D-1 (Willys Six C-113) bed.

'66 cj-6a tuxedo park

Comment

• stevo
                                232 I6
                                • Feb 18, 2007

Old rusty gas tank and rear axle out. Mocked up the new tank (just need to paint the frame and get it in now). Then new rear axle goes in. Oh, and bought and NOS LH tail light for for the busted one.
                                Hand-me-down '68 Super...under the knife
                                http://www.ifsja.org/forums/vb/showthread.php?t=71890
                                '93 ZJ 35's, longarms, ARB's, etc.
                                http://jeepzj.net

Comment

Working...
                                X