• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kahula
    232 I6
    • Apr 16, 2004

complete breakdown book

i'm trying to find out if there is a book that exists that is like the military tech manuels. i want a compplete breakdown of everything so that i no longer have to depend on shotty mechanics (a long story for another day)to do the work for me. is there such a book i have the jeep owners bible and the chilton for the 83 cherokee, they are ok ..but neither one of them has a complete breakdown that shows how everything goes together. is there anything out there like that or am i grasping at straws

many thanks in advance if there is such a book
    79 cherokee chief
    one day i'll get to finish it...

Factory service manual would be what you are after..............Now to find one another thing that works is a service manual specific to the components you are trying to work on. Transfer Case, Trans, Diff's ect
    Daily Driver 2008 Wrangler Sahara
    Going, Gone, or Thinking Fishing

Comment

• 84j10
      232 I6
      • Aug 02, 2006

bj's off road has a bunch of manuals i have the service manual it is 1800 pages that covers everthing you can think of and it even show you how to take the engine,t-case,trans,axles.... everything you can think of.

Comment

• kahula
        232 I6
        • Apr 16, 2004

thanks for the info...guess i'm going to cal BJ's today
        79 cherokee chief
        one day i'll get to finish it...

Comment

• joe
          • Apr 28, 2000

Keep in mind there is no factory 83 TSM. You'll need the 82 TSM and the 83 Supplement to it. If you don't have the 229 tcase and vacuum operated front axle you can prolly get by with just the main 82 TSM.
          joe
          "Don't mind me. I'm just here for the alibi"

Comment

Working...
          X