• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Great Pharoah
    350 Buick
    • May 07, 2002

Holley 2300 500 cfm electric choke

I've rebuilt Holleys, Motorcrafts and all sorts of Rochesters ancluding Quadrajets. But putting an Electric Choke kit on this Holley 2300 is becoming a nightmare. I wanted to change from maual choke to electri choke since the chke cable bever seem to work right and I got tired of throttling up the engine untill it was warm enough to run with the choke plates wide open and the choke cable would never would open the plates back fully open when I engaged the choke to start. First, Summit sold me the wrong kit the -223, well then Summit forgot to tell me that I needed a -465 dechoke lever to replace the lever on the throttle plates that came with the carb, so I bought that direct from Holley. Then I found that the -223 was the wrong kit, and that I needed the -224 kit. Now this is great. I had to file the the dechoke lever so I could get it fo fit on the throttle shaft. Then I found that there was no inner lever and spring like the install manual calls for. Now I'm asking myself. What do I need a fast idle cam for, doesn't the choke baffles take care of that? And what do I need external vacuum for? I thought the whole idea was to clse the choke baffles when the engine was cold and slow open them as the engine reached running tempature.
    Has any one else gone through this nightmare with the Holley 2300 500CFM Deuce, and can set me on the way to rightenous I realize that the kit is suposed to fit Various Holley Carb Both two and four barrel, automotive and marine. And maybe I'm lokking at this all wrong. Any tips or suggestions are welcome.
    American Jobs should be for Americans.
    Some Cheros run at 75, and some do 69,
    But if I can get mine to start and run at all, I think I'm doing fine.

Big Mike
    "Whoopi" 80 Cherokee Golden Hawk. 360/727/208
    Horseshoe Bay, Texas
  • Blake
    304 AMC
    • Dec 22, 2005

Originally posted by Great Pharoah
    Any tips or suggestions are welcome.
    I was not able to get my MC2150 choke working on the waggy. Even after reading every thread on here about it, including Ristow's.

I then got very lucky and found a complete AMC 360 Howell TBI from a junkyard. Slapped it on and have been thoroughly amazed at what a difference it makes, especially with cold starts. Runs PERFECT when cold. I can start it up and instantly start driving.

not trying to start a carb/tbi debate, just saying...
    Please come on over to http://fsjnetwork.com/forum and have a look.

Comment

• Great Pharoah
      350 Buick
      • May 07, 2002

deviants

You know, I shouldn't be going through this. I had a stock 4bbl intake for a 360, and an MC 4350 in my building, and an intake gasket. I just didn't want to go through the trouble of rebuildin the MC 4350, not to mention changing intakes. But some theiving drug addicted sexual deviant stole the intake. I still have the carb though. And right now swapping intakes sounds easy compare to this.
      American Jobs should be for Americans.
      Some Cheros run at 75, and some do 69,
      But if I can get mine to start and run at all, I think I'm doing fine.

Big Mike
      "Whoopi" 80 Cherokee Golden Hawk. 360/727/208
      Horseshoe Bay, Texas

Comment

Working...
      X