• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Calebwoodard
    232 I6
    • Feb 21, 2017

88 grand wagoneer vapor canistor.

The previous owner of my jeep unhooked everything under the hood that they deemed uneccasery. Which has really given me some headache. Without going into uneeded detail. Does anyone know how I can hook the vapor canistor back up without a "dual cto" I dont have one and on the vacume diagram I have it shows to hook the vapor canistor into it. On a different diagram it has the vapor canistor "purge sig" line going into the passengers side of the carb. Does anyone know if it can be attached there? Also missing my "egr TVS" and many other things. Just trying to get the jeep running reliably and Ive improved it by hooking some of this stuff up but tberes still a long way to go. Also think im missing some stuff on the choke. Thanks
  • acct21
    327 Rambler
    • May 20, 2014

Hook your purge signal line into any available vacuum port. The dual CTO is unnecessary for the evap canister.

Hook your canister purge line into the 'T' that should be between the PCV valve and the back of your carb. The other two ports on your canister should be for the gas tank vents and the bowl vent on the carb.

1990 Grand Wagoneer with HD towing package -- everything works! (for now...)

Comment

• Calebwoodard
      232 I6
      • Feb 21, 2017

Thanks for the reply. Ill tie it into the side of the carb.

Comment

Working...
      X