(TOM) What FITS and What HITS.... Lift / Tire Combos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (TOM) What FITS and What HITS.... Lift / Tire Combos

Here is the layout of all the variations of lifts combined to accommodate 31? thru 42? tires on various width rims ranging from 7? to 12? wide. This list is mainly derived from combinations that have or can be done to a Wagoneer or N/T Cherokee '74 models and up.

W/T and J Series pickups usually can use the same lift with one size bigger of a tire.

***If any variations are left out... please let me know by posting here and I will change it immediately...once your sugestion has been added to this list please delete your original post to keep the thread down in size... this can/may get big. THANKS****

31x10.50? Tires

Stock on 15x7? rims with slight rubbing
    3? bodylift on 15x8? rims
    2.5? AAL?s and 2? bodylift on 15x8? rims
    3? suspension or 3? AAL?s and 3? bodylift on 15x10? rims *

32x11.50" Tires

Stock springs with AALx4, 2" blocks, 3" body lift on 15x8" rims. * Rubs on the leading edge of rear wheel well. (Proven by irbob's 83 Brougham.)

33x9.50? Tires

Stock springs with 2" rear blocks on 15x8" rims ** (proven by Bob Barry's N/T)

33x12.50? Tires

4" suspension gain by using '78 main leaf with the ends cut off under the stock main , Rancho 2.5" AAL's and 2 extra leaves from 78 in frt spring pack with a 3" body lifton 15x10" rims* (Proven by Jeepbob)

3" suspension on 15x8" rims *(proven by Adamstrator)
    4" suspension on 15x8" rims* (proven by Veepster)
    4? suspension and 2? bodylift on 15x8? rims
    4? suspension and 3? bodylift on 15x10? rims *

6? suspension on 15x8? rims
    6? suspension and 2? bodylift on 15x10? rims
    Spring-Over-Axle conversion on 15x8? rims
    Spring-Over-Axle conversion and 2? bodylift on 15x8" rims
    Spring-Over-Axle conversion and 3" bodylift on 15x10" rims
    Spring-Over-Axle conversion and 2.5? AAL?s on 15x10? rims

35x12.50? Tires

W/T - 6" rear suspension and 4" front suspension on 15x10" rims (proven by Sitting Bull)
    W/T - 4" suspension 3" bodylift on 15x10" or 15x12" rims (proven by GM Killer)

4" suspension with 3" bodylift **
    4" suspension with ext. shackles on 15x10" rims **

6? suspension and 3? bodylift on 15x8? rims
    Spring-Over-Axle conversion and 2.5? AAL?s with 3? bodylift on 15x10? rims.. 8" rims will fit with either the 2.5: AAL's or the 3" bodylift

35x14.50" Tires

W/T - 4" suspension and 1" ext shackles* (Proven byJose Russel)

38x14.50? Tires

4? suspension, SOA and 3? bodylift on 15x10? or 15x12? rims *(\proven by River Beast)

6? suspension and SOA on 15x10? or 15x12? rims *

42? Tires

6? suspension, SOA and 3? bodylift on 15x10? or 15x12? rims *

NOTES

* Some minor trimming may be required - up to 2"
    ** Major trimming required - 3" or better

[ October 15, 2001: Message edited by: River Beast ]

[ December 17, 2004, 03:41 PM: Message edited by: River Beast ]
    Todd
    www.ttsfabworks.com
  • Sitting Bull
    360 AMC
    • Sep 18, 2000

That's some great info, awesome idea RB!
    Brad Reardon<br />1977ish Cherokee Chief.

Comment

• Scott
      258 I6
      • May 08, 2000

I do know that 33's with a 4" suspension lift and a 3" body lift will rub the leading edge of the fenderwells in the rear if they are on 10" wheels (when stuffed up into the wheelwells). I have the carved tire tread to prove it [img]smile.gif[/img] .

[ October 05, 2001: Message edited by: Iron Monkey ]

Comment

• Dome
        304 AMC
        • Apr 06, 2000

With trimming, you can fit 33" tires on a 3" (RC) lift. I did this for a long time with no rubbing, and that was even on a WT rear end (on a Wag). Oh, thats 8" wheels btw.
        83 Wagoneer Limited (R.I.P)
        360, TF727, NP228
        SOA, 35's, WT Axles, 4.10 gears, Detroit Locker

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bob Barry:
          For 33"x9.5" tires on a NT wagon, add:

stock springs, 2" rear block and trimming wheelwells 3" to edge of factory wheelwell outline.
          <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What rims Bob..... 15x8's or 15x10's?

thanks.
          Todd
          www.ttsfabworks.com

Comment

• Veepster
            350 Buick
            • May 14, 2000

hey Todd............mine is with 4" suspension and 3" body and absolutely NO trimming.........w/o the 3" body it rubbed BAD and would have needed trimming..

[ October 05, 2001: Message edited by: Veepster ]
            Peace.............BartG<br /><br />The Green Flash!<br /><br />360ci Custom 4v TBI<br />TH400, Parttime QT with low, TFI Upgrade<br />Edelbrock Performer Manifold,<br />4\" skyjacker susp & 3\" body lift<br />Rancho 9000\'s 33x12.50 BFG KO\'s <br />8\" American Racing Baja Rims<br />Thorley headers, 3\" exh, Dyno Max<br />Infiniti power leather seats<br />Billet shift knob by Millerluck<br />50%Luxury Car 50%Tractor<br /><a href=\"http://www.teamgodspeed.com\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.teamgodspeed.com</a>

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Veepster:
              hey Todd............mine is with 4" suspension and 3" body and absolutely NO trimming.........w/o the 3" body it rubbed BAD and would have needed trimming..

[ October 05, 2001: Message edited by: Veepster ]
              <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bart,

I know...that's why I put that it needs trimming w/o the bodylift...you told me it rubbed without it.
              Todd
              www.ttsfabworks.com

Comment

• Sitting Bull
                360 AMC
                • Sep 18, 2000

I have a WT, with 4" in the front and 6" in the rear with 35x12.50's. Works great, articulates well and looks "in balance".
                Brad Reardon<br />1977ish Cherokee Chief.

Comment

• Veepster
                  350 Buick
                  • May 14, 2000

I got ya Todd...........I misunderstood the post, thought you were stating my current setup..
                  Peace.............BartG<br /><br />The Green Flash!<br /><br />360ci Custom 4v TBI<br />TH400, Parttime QT with low, TFI Upgrade<br />Edelbrock Performer Manifold,<br />4\" skyjacker susp & 3\" body lift<br />Rancho 9000\'s 33x12.50 BFG KO\'s <br />8\" American Racing Baja Rims<br />Thorley headers, 3\" exh, Dyno Max<br />Infiniti power leather seats<br />Billet shift knob by Millerluck<br />50%Luxury Car 50%Tractor<br /><a href=\"http://www.teamgodspeed.com\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.teamgodspeed.com</a>

Comment

• porkchop
                    Master of B.S.
                    • Apr 17, 2000

With the 35's you can use either 15x10's or 15x8's. If you use the 15x10's then you need to have the rear flipped shakle or make sure you have a good off set on your rear wheels or they will rub. If you use the 15x8's then they will not rub at all and you can use blocks.

Comment

• jeepbob
                      Jeep Idiot
                      • Jan 16, 2001

For the early Wag guys (pre 74)
                      rear shackle flip (real easy to do on the old rigs) and 2 extra leaves in rear spring pack.
                      78 main leaf with the ends cut off under the stock main then a rancho 2.5" aal and 2 extra leaves from 78 in frt spring pack gives 4" suspension lift.
                      And a 3" body lift clears 33x12.50's on 10" rims with minor trimming on the frt of the rear openings and minor rubbing upon full stuff (like a hard landing)in frt.
                      65 wag. with a bunch of stuff done and more happening.<br /><br />\"If the local junkyard calls you for Jeep parts, you might be a redneck\".... and yes they do!

Comment

• irbob
                        360 AMC
                        • Apr 11, 2000

32x11.5" tires

Stock springs with AALx4, 2" blocks, 3" body lift on 15x8" rims. Rubbs on the leading edge of rear wheel well. (Proven by: irbob's 83 Brougham.)

[ October 06, 2001: Message edited by: irbob ]
                        Bob
                        83 Wagoneer Brougham (Rolled) Woooof
                        83 Wagoneer Limited (Parts Rig) Woooof II

Comment

• Snakeyes_Tx
                          304 AMC
                          • Apr 09, 2000

Have any of you guys thought about taking a stock set of springs, and cutting the eyelets off a *second* set of stock springs and just sticking leaf to leaf? Like this

Main
                          Maincut
                          second
                          second
                          third
                          third
                          fourth
                          fourth
                          fifth
                          fifth
                          sixth
                          sixth
                          stubby 7th
                          stubby 7th

and for the rear the same way.

What kinda height would you get out of that? Since they're soft springs, I'm sure that wouldn't effect ride quality all THAT much. Where do you get new LONG spring pack bolts too??
                          Hrm... my old sig is broken.. new to follow soon.

Comment

• jasonthomasfrance
                            304 AMC
                            • Sep 04, 2001

Question about:
                            <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>33x12.50” Tires
                            3" suspension on 15x8" rims *(proven by Adamstrator)
                            4" suspension on 15x8" rims* (proven by Veepster)
                            4” suspension and 2” bodylift on 15x8” rims
                            4” suspension and 3” bodylift on 15x10” rims *
                            * Some minor trimming may be required - 2"
                            ** Major trimming required - 3" or better
                            <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have a 4" suspension lift, installed. I also have a 3" body lift I will be putting on. Will the 33x12.50 on 15x8 rims rub only during lots of flex without trimming? I.E. Do I need to trim right away, or can I hold off if I will be just street driving?

Also what needs to be trimmed? Both the front and the back? Does ayone have pictures?

I have stock rims on my 76 Wagoneer. Those are 15x7" right? So I need to get new rims if I want 33x12.50 tires?
                            jason thomas france
                            GoFSJ.com/fsj

Comment

• blt2krl
                              AMC 4 OH! 1
                              • Apr 03, 2001

I would like to add a little info about my buddies 82 NT Cherokee. He has a Superlift 4 inch lift with 3/4 inch longer shackles on running 35x12.50x15 (Dunlop Mud Rovers) on 15x10 in wheels. He also trimmed the fenders. He trimmed the front and rear fenders following the line of the mini fender flare thats is built into the fender design. This accounts for about 2 to 2.5 inches of total trimming. He has no rubbing at all during extreme atriculation. He does rub on his front springs during tight turns. I'm not trying to discredit or counter any information provided here because the info presented is right on and correct. I just want to let you guys know that it is possible to effectivly run 35's on narrow track vehicles.
                              Paul Hartman
                              79 waggoneer
                              AMC360/TH-400/203/205
                              DANA 60/14 BOLT 5.13'S AND DETROITS
                              39.5 IROKS C.B.I OFF ROAD TUBING GALORE
                              www.cbioffroadfab.com
                              WWW.PLANET4X4.NET

Comment

Working...
                              X